Pecking Order

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
barnetpete

Re: Pecking Order

If he is going to be linked to this,..... why not make it simple in the bars that struggle with pints, make it plastic bottles, reduce the price a bit and serve quickly! Bar staff don't need to be skilled and no wastage. Quantity over quality.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
MCB

barnetpete wrote:If he is going to be linked to this,..... why not make it simple in the bars that struggle with pints, make it plastic bottles, reduce the price a bit and serve quickly! Bar staff don't need to be skilled and no wastage. Quantity over quality.
Also i've seen lots of (many smaller) clubs getting into bed with local / topical breweries. Not an issue when it comes to bottles.

Ideally as PEPF was historically in Camden, i'd like to see Camden Hells, but if not possible to get their draught a tie up please with:

http://www.hiverbeers.com/ or https://www.brewhive.com/ or http://www.amberales.co.uk/beers/
hoppy

Some simple guidelines for a successful bar.
1. Serve what the customer wants. I like a beer but I don't like the sewage that is on offer at The Hive. Virtually every adult beer drinker that I know likes real ale.
2. Charge a fair price. We expect to pay just a little over the odds but if the price is too high people won't buy.
3. Employ good staff. Worth their weight in gold. If it means paying a bit more, just do it. The returns will outweigh the extra costs.
4. Don't put any new member of the bar staff behind the bar until they have been fully trained.
jdmckbee

Excellent email Darren, well made points.

THL have taken away anything that was good previously, ie the old Hive Bar pre the Chicken shop, and the old set-up in Grazioli's, and replaced them with an inferior experience/set-up (I know that they are still adapting what they now call Legends bar).

The issues with service have been there since Day 1 at THL, and I don’t see them changing. If they havent moved forward in the past 4 years then they wont now unfortunately.

We are being treated as "Customers" more than Supporters nowadays, but without any good customer service or satisfaction off the pitch.

More and more of us will seek food and drink elsewhere from the Hive I'm sure and just arrive at 2.45pm on Saturdays and leave at 5pm. Shame as we now have the facilities, but just keep shooting ourselves in the foot and taking backward steps.
We're the West Bank Underhill......
miguelito

Following the disgusting lager I had in Leg-ends on Saturday (chemical taste; left it virtually untouched on counter), last night I asked for a large whisky; bar staff merrily toddled off with a pint glass...

:grrr:
"Oh my god, he's attacking them!"
MCB

miguelito wrote:Following the disgusting lager I had in Leg-ends on Saturday (chemical taste; left it virtually untouched on counter), last night I asked for a large whisky; bar staff merrily toddled off with a pint glass...

:grrr:
To be fair a pint of whisky is definitely a large.
hoofer2

wearebees wrote:Was a disgrace last night. Ordered mine at 6.45 and it was fine, came at 7.05. Was waiting for two friends who were due at 7.30, so ordered theirs at 7.05 expecting 25/30 minute wait as now busier.

7.40 and we started to ask about it. 7.50 and still no sign. Same for plenty of others in there. No idea what happened but from what poor waitresses were saying, sounds like the orders were either lost or the order of queue lost. To be fair the waitresses were doing their best and very apologetic but clearly had no idea what was happening. 7.57 and still no sign, so left friends who are not Barnet fans to wait for food which were told could now be in take-away boxes. 8.15 and they finally walk into stand with their rotisserie chicken, ready to eat with their fingers!

Plenty of others in the same position. Some of my other friends just gave up without their food.

I can’t quite understand how orders could get so lost/confused but can’t be helped by fact that they offered the full menu, rather than keeping it simple with match day menu.

My friends are locals and told me that the Stanmore branch recently closed mysteriously and is all boarded up. Could this branch be next?

Next time, we’ll go to Cannon’s Tandoor (which is very good).
Rebrand it to "Bombay Bees" - Indian delicacies and specialties..
hoofer2

jerroll wrote:I have emailed them about the shambles with car park tokens, 1 steward told me they never sell car park tokens in the west stand bar - I have only bought about 50 in the past 4 years!!!
I cannot understand why the programme sellers cannot sell the parking tokens
jerroll

hoofer2 wrote:
jerroll wrote:I have emailed them about the shambles with car park tokens, 1 steward told me they never sell car park tokens in the west stand bar - I have only bought about 50 in the past 4 years!!!
I cannot understand why the programme sellers cannot sell the parking tokens
Very logical suggestion.
jamiefrbees

We had the same experience: we were seated at 7pm.

We Managed to order at 7.20pm - had to cancel order at 8 in order to catch start of the game.

The waitress said there was only one chef which isn't normally the case. When we cancelled the order, it turned out our food wasn't even close to being cooked yet.

Really bad
Mem Beespod

I had an irritation there the other day. Brought my 3 year old who is obsessed with mac and cheese. After eating a few spoon fulls, like most 3 years olds, she suddenly realised she desperately needed the toilet. So I told the waiter "PLEASE don't clear our food away. Just taking her to the toilet" Well you know what happened next!
Cue one very upset little girl and a 20 min wait for another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
beew

Deleted
Last edited by beew on 13 Sep 2017, 18:42, edited 1 time in total.
BeeBoi1980

We normally go to Cannons Tandoori after the game (which some of us did yesterday), but some of the guys were hungry so we made our Pecking Order debut. Very extensive menu, complex order, delivered very quickly, and no delays for the 3 large rounds we ordered at the bar. Also, no delays in Legends at half time.

HOWEVER. I don't doubt the experiences others have had at all. We must have been lucky with the chicken, and based on past experiences with the bars we always send people up early to get rounds.

The beer is not great, and if you're not willing to leave your seat 5 minutes before half time the queues are ridiculous. I suspect the Pecking Order waiting times can get bad too, and that we were just very lucky.

The opportunity for food, drink and live sports around the focus of the match is a benefit of the Hive. I enjoy the beers and screens and am used to the service levels, but admit things could be better, pre poured (and nicer) pints being one suggestion. Clearly some suggestions on here would help the experience to be more enjoyable. Whilst 5 or 10 emails will make TK think a little, is there something we could do more en masse, like arrange some form of survey with suggestions on improvements, in order that TK can gauge the views of 100s of supporters at once. That to me could provide the sort of data from which decisions and positive changes could be made.
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

I have tried to post on this thread about my experience in Pecking Order last night but ironically my post has not been accepted because of "spam detected"
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
Barnetchris

I got my car-park token no problem at Legends at HT.