Pecking Order

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
barnetpete

Re: Pecking Order

Barnetchris wrote:I got my car-park token no problem at Legends at HT.
They didnt have them pre match. They said they woudl get some by half time. I didn't go into Grazioli's at half time with the intention of going in after, no one said it would be closed after the game.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
DerekRocholl

Darren, you are right about the licensing act including a requirement for beer and cider to be sold in half pints. It was an amendment introduced in 2010. TK would be well advised to act on that part of your note quickly and to make sure that his bar staff and managers are up to speed with the requirements of the licensing act and responsibilities of personal licence holders.
letchbee94

miguelito wrote:Following the disgusting lager I had in Leg-ends on Saturday (chemical taste; left it virtually untouched on counter), last night I asked for a large whisky; bar staff merrily toddled off with a pint glass...

:grrr:
I thought the larger tasted alright in Graziolis last night compared to previous times.
Mickbee

Pecking Order ? Bin it and revert to a proper bar with proper bar food & Real Ale!
Barnetrob

Mickbee wrote:Pecking Order ? Bin it and revert to a proper bar with proper bar food & Real Ale!
What an excellent idea.
pgbee

Barnetrob wrote:
Mickbee wrote:Pecking Order ? Bin it and revert to a proper bar with proper bar food & Real Ale!
What an excellent idea.
So that we become Supporters again, not customers.....
pgbee

Hiveoccupier wrote:Darren, you are right about the licensing act including a requirement for beer and cider to be sold in half pints. It was an amendment introduced in 2010. TK would be well advised to act on that part of your note quickly and to make sure that his bar staff and managers are up to speed with the requirements of the licensing act and responsibilities of personal licence holders.
Weights and measures (or the modern equivalent) / customs and excise would be interested in the selling of half pints that are 54ml short in volume.
Norfolk & Chance

A business serving up short measures can get a pretty serious fine.
The chairman will most likely fix this pronto.
jamiefrbees

OB1 wrote:I have tried to post on this thread about my experience in Pecking Order last night but ironically my post has not been accepted because of "spam detected"
i had this problem too, it took me 30 minutes of trial and error to realise it's the word 'k..i...t...c...h...e...n..' that it won't accept.

Remove that word and re-submit your original your post!

Also, I'm disappointed to see this thread wasn't titled 'Pecking Disorder' which I was going to name it if the thread hadn't already been started
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

I dine in Pecking Order before most matches and normally it is very good. Once last season our order got lost and we waited quite a while before it arrived, the owner apologised and didn't charge us. Tuesday was absolute chaos. There were six of us and we ordered our meals at about 6-40 and after complaining several times we managed to get them with just enough time to finish before the match started. I could see the serving hatch from where I was sitting and they seemed to be concentrating on serving takeaway meals in boxes. Where they were going or who they were for I couldn't see.
As for the beer, I now only drink the very over priced bottled beer after having had several Bad pints in the past.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

jamiefrbees wrote:
OB1 wrote:I have tried to post on this thread about my experience in Pecking Order last night but ironically my post has not been accepted because of "spam detected"
i had this problem too, it took me 30 minutes of trial and error to realise it's the word 'k..i...t...c...h...e...n..' that it won't accept.

Remove that word and re-submit your original your post!

Also, I'm disappointed to see this thread wasn't titled 'Pecking Disorder' which I was going to name it if the thread hadn't already been started
Thanks
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
becbee

I can't quite understand why there is such a problem with recruiting staff. Sure it's not many hours but there must be plenty of local students who'd like to earn a bit of money, even if the hours aren't great and the pay not the highest. Or mums with childcare issues so can't work but would appreciate a few pounds. How do we attempt to recruit at present? I've never seen any adverts. Maybe we should try in local colleges and signs at The Hive itself .

My other half comes to matches 1-2 a season, I offer to drive so he can have a pint but he says there's nothing at Legends which he considers to be worth drinking. By the sound of it, others think similar. Surely having a few bottles on the shelves at the back wouldn't be difficult? Or get a contract with a small local brewery who'd appreciate the business.
hoofer2

It's simply shocking the wastage that I have seen in Legend's by certain bar staff simply having no clue. I literally saw at least 5 pints being poured down the drain for each pint served. I understand that this could have been due to the gas being at too high a pressure, but an experienced bar manger would have known how to sort this quickly.
barnetpete

hoofer2 wrote:It's simply shocking the wastage that I have seen in Legend's by certain bar staff simply having no clue. I literally saw at least 5 pints being poured down the drain for each pint served. I understand that this could have been due to the gas being at too high a pressure, but an experienced bar manger would have known how to sort this quickly.
It why i keep saying in the bars that only get used once every couple of weeks (ie Grazioli's and jubilee bar) use bottles only. You can get plastic bottled Carlsberg to sell to the lager drinkers, and then a selection of ales in bottles that can then be poured into plastic cups.

Saves wastage, saves cleaning the pipes, saves cost on expensive pump equipment, easy for the untrained staff - no training apart from holding a glass sideways and pour slowly, should speed up serving time. If the service was quicker and smoother more people would buy more drinks.... surely win for the club and a win for the customers (sorry i mean supporters :doh: )
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
ninestein

I have to admit I thought the service was very slow on Tuesday night.

I arrived at around 6:15pm straight after work and thought I'd give Pecking order another go as I hadn't eaten. I'd been there a couple of times previously. Once for the Bar66 event, and the other was before the Swansea friendly. Although the restaurant was virtually empty, I was told that all tables were booked, but you could order food as a take-away from behind the bar. That probably explains why the k-itchen were running so far behind. But then there seemed to be a small number of staff in the hatch and behind the bar. I didn't order any food in the end, and decided to go to the West Stand and eat there. Then I saw the price of the burgers inside. So I ended up snacking on food from the kiosk behind the stand.

Regardless of what time it opens, a match day or match night means a few hours of busy trade for the restaurant. It has to be fast moving service. We have to be geared up for that rush. In some respects, we almost have to go into "McDonalds" fast-food mode, then revert back to the more relaxed approach after the game and during other times of the week.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!