Carlisle (Away) The Scotch Tape Reinforced Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Carlisle (Away) The Scotch Tape Reinforced Match Thread

So...... Saturday sees the bees return to league hoof action with what is now, safely, our furthest trip of the season in the lowlands of Scotland.

After we almost escaped scot free from Exeter with a point, Saturday gives us another chance to loch in three points away from home. After Rossi put us all off kilt-er by restoring a half fit John Akinde to the squad, a long trip up the M1/M6 is one for the brave hearted.

In terms of team lineup I would not restore Akinde as he is no-where near Match fit, but hopefully his brief chug around the pitch will mean he is able to enter the fray when we need him, rather than 20 minutes later, as was the case yesterday.

Don't expect this to happen but it would be useful if we could have some of our squad exiles somewhere near the starting XI rather than relying on the kids to occupy bench space, especially as with 7 players out injured suspended, our matchday squad is very light on experience.

----------------------------Ross------------------------

------------Santos-----Nelson------Clough----------

--H. Taylor----J. Taylor----Vilhete----Tutonda---

--------------------Campbell-Ryce--------------------

----------Coulthirst--------Akpa-Akpro--------------

Subs: KML, Smith, Fonguck, Bover, Akinde, Akinola, Mars
ccollis_869

Re: Carlisle (Away) The Scotch Tape Reinforced Match Thread

My concern is, and I appreciate this is because of injuries but we have little defensive options on the bench, we needed a fresh pair of defensive legs yesterday
Bee_Forever

Agreed. 3 at the back is all fine and good but you need more than 4 first choice CB (including Tutonda) and a kid (Smith) especially if Tutonda is needed further forward to cover for Brindley, Johnson and Blackman's not being available.
ninestein

My view is we should stick with the side we have for Carlisle. Apart from the last 20 mins we were good. Maybe just make use of the subs a little bit earlier in the 2nd half. Then the squad have a full week with no Tuesday fixture before Crawley at home to recover. Blackman also then returns and we get one option back on the bench, even if Clough drops out and Tutonda is restored to centre back.

What we could really do with is some good news regarding Weston.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
jerroll

For those travelling by train, hopefully this will be sorted by tomorrow morning.

Description
A building fire near Headstone Lane involving gas cylinders is causing major disruption to journeys between Milton Keynes Central and London Euston. At around 23:55 yesterday evening, a large fire was reported at a timber yard near Headstone Lane. The emergency services have worked through the night to control the blaze. The damage has been looked at by structural engineers and they have declared the situation is currently unsafe for trains to run. Disruption is expected to continue until the end of service.
A much reduced service will run along the West Coast Mainline. London Midland and Virgin Trains services are unable to run between Milton Keynes Central and London Euston. London Overground are operating between Watford Junction and London Euston.
Psycho

It's British Rail. I wouldn't expect them to do anything in a hurry unless it's go on strike.
foxy

What a bunch of Mugs!
ETBee

British Rail does not exist any more, hasn't done for 20 years, so you would have to wait a long time before they do anything.
becbee

We came up yesterday. Discovered this morning that the club are going to be staying at the same hotel as we're at. I feel quite childishly excited!!
Bee_Forever

Hopefully the line will re-open in time for tomorrow, but it sounds like the fire is still going and there is going to be extensive repairs needed to the trackside wall.

In more fortunate news, East Coast Trains has shut it's line north of Newcastle tomorrow so all Scotland bound trains from Kings Cross are diverted via.....Carlisle.

So if the west coast is still screwed tomorrow then the East Coast is effectively running an enhanced service which will get you to Carlisle 30 minutes later that the scheduled west coast service.

If the line is still screwed tomorrow that is what my group will be doing. It evokes memories of a famous Carlisle away fixture where the west coast was also up the proverbial without a paddle.....
X-Bumble

And they wonder why people still use cars over public transport...
miguelito

X-Bumble wrote:And they wonder why people still use cars over public transport...
You get Victor Meldrew to drive you about.
"Oh my god, he's attacking them!"
dpa

Euston line has reopened.
pgbee

becbee wrote:We came up yesterday. Discovered this morning that the club are going to be staying at the same hotel as we're at. I feel quite childishly excited!!
Must be a posh hotel!