Name that tune

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
X-Bumble

Name that tune

This is probably one for Reckless, and I apologise for the severe lack of detail.

I have a tune stuck in my head that I used to know the name of but have now forgotten and it is driving me mad!

The only info I can give is that it is a song from the 60's/70's, a Ska track and one that is played before a Premiere League team come out onto the pitch (can't remember the team!).

As I can't put sound on here, all I can do is sort of chant the rhythm...

Da der der der, Da der der der, duh duh duh duh

I know it's not much to go on, but can anyone name that tune for me?!
Norfolkbee

Re: Name that tune

Probably The Liquidator by Harry J and the Allstars.
X-Bumble

Yes that's it. Nicely done!
Thanks!
Afrobee

https://youtu.be/EUSqKe5JGk4

That was my guess too....Have a listen to confirm. The late Harry J and The All Stars- Liquidator
X-Bumble

I used to go to Short Oval racing at Wimbledon every week back in the 80's. The Banger racers always come out to 'Mouldy Old Dough', and the Stock Cars used to come out to The Liquidator.
Afrobee

X-Bumble wrote:I used to go to Short Oval racing at Wimbledon every week back in the 80's. The Banger racers always come out to 'Mouldy Old Dough', and the Stock Cars used to come out to The Liquidator.
Now that is going back....Only the greyhounds run at Plough Lane now and even they are under threat!
ninestein

It was also on the soundtrack to the film "Fever Pitch" back in the late 90's
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
yeoman of the guard

Nip down the "Wood" you can her it all the time there,longstanding run out tune......der der der "wood" repeat as necessary!!
shankbee01

X-Bumble wrote:Yes that's it. Nicely done!
Thanks!
I think Gillingham also come out to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norfolkbee

It has been banned TWICE by Wolves. Read the following:

The Reason The Liquidator Has Been Banned (Again)

By Scott Cooper
December 8 2002

As many would have noticed, The Wolves` pre-match entertainment `The Liquidator` as again been banned by the Police to the dismay of Wolves fans. Below is the cop of the letter which Chief Superintendent John Colston sent to Sir Jack regarding the banning of `The Liquidator`.

21 November, 2002
"Dear Sir Jack
re: The 'Liquidator'
I am aware that my predecessor - Chief Superintendent Roger Alien - took issue with the playing of the'Liquidator'. I am sorry that the playing of the tune has resurrected itself and the foul language which is associated with it. I am certainly not a prude, but people do take exception to several thousand supporters screaming "F*** o** West Brom" at the top of their voices.
This Season we have seen the arrival of particularly nasty supporters under the name of 'Young Wolves'.That is why we are having to police every match. Even after the victory against Coventry City, they came back to the City Centre and caused mayhem. I am happy with the support that we are receiving from the Club in tackling the problems. Anything we can do to reduce tension at matches must be beneficial. I am
aware of letters to supporters, notices and messages on a web site appealing to supporters to not swear.The philosophy of the Football League is to 'clean up the anti-social behaviour associated with the game.'The playing of the 'Liquidator' undermines all of this; in fact, in my opinion it is sheer hypocrisy.
I feel it sad that with all the serious crime in Wolverhampton, I have to spend time composing a letter requesting that the record is not played at football matches. I really do have better things to do with my time. My understanding of the situation is that they play it at West Bromwich so why shouldn't we play it at
Wolverhampton Wanderers? My colleague, Chief Superintendent Gilbert, from West Bromwich will write to the Chairman of West Bromwich Albion Football Club requesting that they do not play it.
You have received 100% co-operation from myself in respect of policing over a number-of years, e.g. reducing charges wherever possible. The relationship between us has always been cordial. I therefore ask that the 'Liquidator' is no longer played. This is important, in order to reduce tension. The intelligence associated with the match to be played against Nottingham Forest on Saturday, clearly indicates that some form of
confrontation is planned between the 'yobs' that associate themselves with respectable Football Clubs.
Should you wish, I am more than happy to discuss the rationale with you personally as opposed to the rather impersonal medium of a letter.
Yours sincerely,

John Colston
Chief Superintendent
West Midland Police
Yachtsman

Afrobee wrote:
X-Bumble wrote:I used to go to Short Oval racing at Wimbledon every week back in the 80's. The Banger racers always come out to 'Mouldy Old Dough', and the Stock Cars used to come out to The Liquidator.
Now that is going back....Only the greyhounds run at Plough Lane now and even they are under threat!
Sadly the stadium closed its doors to the dogs last March.
JohnH
HertsBee

southstander wrote:
Afrobee wrote:
Sadly the stadium closed its doors to the dogs last March.
It is the site for the new Wimbledon FC Stadium + new housing.
BEEGONE

Afrobee wrote:
Forced out by AFC Dons.

Yeah real community club them. :roll:
John_c

BEEGONE wrote:
Afrobee wrote:
Forced out by AFC Dons.

Yeah real community club them. :roll:
AFC Groundstealers x 2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
shankbee01

That greyhound track was a disaster. Awful attendance and literally falling down. The new ground will be good for the area and really easy to get to. Northern line to Tooting Broadway or train from Waterloo to Earlsfield. The post match curry options are out of this world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk