Underhill

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
eastbarnetsupporter

Re: Underhill

pgbee wrote:
eastbarnetsupporter wrote:
WinchyBee wrote:
eastbarnetsupporter wrote:For all those wanting to know what Underhill looks like now, please click on this link.

Someone put a drone in the stadium a few months back. It's quite hard to watch, the ground is like a jungle now, with grass overgrown and seats gone. So sad to see.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaRh8uiHIEV ... -at=393947
Thanks for posting this! :Drink1:
You're welcome.

I was really taken back by how much it had fallen into a state. Weird to see the seats gone, the amber barriers on the East Terrace first row fade because of sunlight, and what appears to be a small jungle around the south stand.

On the flip side all it would take is someone to cut the grass and put a lick of paint and the ground would be back to normal again...
And a chairman who wanted to return to Barnet...
It's easy to criticise TK but where on earth was we meant to go? We couldn't stay at Underhill and there was no where nearby that was suitable or possible.. Luckily we already had a fantastic set up in Harrow for a swift change over. God knows where we would have ended up if it wasn't was THL. Probably ground sharing with some club....
dawat

[quote ] It's easy to criticise TK but where on earth were we meant to go? We couldn't stay at Underhill and there was nowhere nearby that was suitable or possible.. Luckily we already had a fantastic set up in Harrow for a swift change over. God knows where we would have ended up if it wasn't was THL. Probably ground sharing with some club....[/quote]

Probably a pub side. I suppose a lot would have depended on how good the pub was and which beer it sold! LOL. :whistle:
ninestein

The alternatives were groundsharing with Orient or Stevenage
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
eastbarnetsupporter

So ground share with miles away in Stevanage (with less financial gain) or move relatively close into a brand new state of the art football complex which we own.. tough choice
Norfolk & Chance

You're welcome.

I was really taken back by how much it had fallen into a state. Weird to see the seats gone, the amber barriers on the East Terrace first row fade because of sunlight, and what appears to be a small jungle around the south stand.

On the flip side all it would take is someone to cut the grass and put a lick of paint and the ground would be back to normal again...[/quote]
And a chairman who wanted to return to Barnet...[/quote]

It's easy to criticise TK but where on earth was we meant to go? We couldn't stay at Underhill and there was no where nearby that was suitable or possible.. Luckily we already had a fantastic set up in Harrow for a swift change over. God knows where we would have ended up if it wasn't was THL. Probably ground sharing with some club....[/quote][/quote]

Luckily?
Ahh, bless,
It was all part of the plan young fella, nowt to do with luck.
Norfolkbee

Just heard someone, who is a big Bees' fan, refer to The Hive as a "soulless chicken restaurant".
To bee or not to bee

Norfolkbee wrote:Just heard someone, who is a big Bees' fan, refer to The Hive as a "soulless chicken restaurant".
At least it's not a soulless sloping shithole.
Norfolkbee

To bee or not to bee wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Just heard someone, who is a big Bees' fan, refer to The Hive as a "soulless chicken restaurant".
Each to their own, I suppose. It's surprising the number of away fans who actually miss their visit to Underhill.
Personally, I've accepted the Hive because it brings in extra revenue. However, it does nothing for me as a football venue.
BigBee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:You're welcome.

On the flip side all it would take is someone to cut the grass and put a lick of paint and the ground would be back to normal again...

It's easy to criticise TK but where on earth was we meant to go? We couldn't stay at Underhill and there was no where nearby that was suitable or possible.. Luckily we already had a fantastic set up in Harrow for a swift change over. God knows where we would have ended up if it wasn't was THL. Probably ground sharing with some club....[/quote][/quote]

Luckily?
Ahh, bless
It was all part of the plan young fella, nowt to do with luck.[/quote]

You have absolutely no idea what your talking about.
BeesKnees

Norfolkbee wrote:
Each to their own, I suppose. It's surprising the number of away fans who actually miss their visit to Underhill.
Personally, I've accepted the Hive because it brings in extra revenue. However, it does nothing for me as a football venue.
I'm with you on this.
One thing Underhill wasn't is soulless. The Hive is yet to build a fraction of the positive memories that tied supporters to Underhill.
becbee

Obviously Underhill had more character than The Hive, just as many quaint non league grounds have more character than soulless new stadia. However IMO, The Hive has more character than a lot of new grounds, maybe because it is quite open compared to many.
ninestein

The stadium itself is quite colourful, and you are still very close to the action. What we need is the action to improve and give us something to be excited about.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
eastbarnetsupporter

Norfolk & Chance wrote:You're welcome.

Luckily?
Ahh, bless,
It was all part of the plan young fella, nowt to do with luck.[/quote]

The plan to move to a top class venue which financially will see the club well for the future? What a sh!te plan....
eastbarnetsupporter

The rotisserie chicken is incredible. It's soulless because of the very people who call it soulless.. no one makes a sound and the fans are to blame.
MCB

Returning to Underhill the Documentary.

It must be uploaded somewhere, available somehow. Refuse to believe it will just disappear before i've got to see it.

So, ideas please?