Sunday Newspapers

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Monsieur Abeille

Sunday Newspapers

A few years ago I switched to the Observer because it at least paid lip service to League 2. Now no mention of any games, and they even managed to leave our match out of the league table, presumably the 3:00 KO was too late. Didnt brighten up my Sunday to see us still in the bottom 2.

So in disgust I'm going to switch. Don't care too much about the political leanings (though I draw a line at the Wail), but no X-Factor-tabloid-andrex-subsitute, which I guess means one from the Times, Gussetgraph, Indi . Any recommendations - MUST have a semi decent L2 coverage.
Bott3rz

Re: Sunday Newspapers

The Football League paper £1:50 (pricey) but has normally very good and thorough coverage on each game....maybe worth a trial issue?
@iainbotterill
boloyboy

Hello Buddy

First up, we must meet up again for a Bees Game sometime soon

Anyway...

I always read THE GAME pullout section of The Times , very good read and covers league two 99 times out of 100 usually quite a good section of the paper for each match.

Just a suggestion :-) :hi:
But the only power source capable of generating 1.21 gigawatts of electricity is a bolt of lightning (Or a Yakubu clearance over the East Terrace)
djhdjh

Just to add to what Karl says, the Game is a Monday piece rather than Sunday.
Monsieur Abeille

Thanks Karl, Dan - will give it a go
bucks bee

How quaint! I didn't realise that anybody still got their news printed on dead trees. Try using the internet, Monsieur.
Monsieur Abeille

bucks bee wrote:How quaint! I didn't realise that anybody still got their news printed on dead trees. Try using the internet, Monsieur.
Internet - what's that?

My newspaper reading is limited to about 1 hour on a Sunday morning - if I got the lappy out and started clicking away disturbing the peace I suspect Mme Abeille may have choice words to say (and I think I'd be on her side)
barnetboy1

I'm guessing The Sunday Sport doesn't "do what it says on the tin",then!
Reckless

Can you get The Times out in the "sticks" Monsieur?
When I lived in East Finchley as a boy by mate Dave Amphlet's Dad owned the Long Lane Fish Bar (junction of Church Lane) and honestly he used to wrap fish and chips in The Times as he thought it would make his Chippy a little more "Up-market" :-)
MajorBrownEye

From somebody who used to work in the newspaper industry, let me offer some advice on your choice of Sunday paper.

It doesn't matter so much about the paper you read as the size of your letterbox. My industry experience is as a paperboy at the age of 10 (or so) and the number of people that expected you to stuff multiple broadsheets through a flap just about big enough to accept a pizza menu, was astounding.

Do paperboys still exist?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
Monsieur Abeille

Reckless wrote:Can you get The Times out in the "sticks" Monsieur?
When I lived in East Finchley as a boy by mate Dave Amphlet's Dad owned the Long Lane Fish Bar (junction of Church Lane) and honestly he used to wrap fish and chips in The Times as he thought it would make his Chippy a little more "Up-market" :-)
:laugh:

It tends to be three days late, due to London paperboys like MBE taking overly long to get out here on their bikes. Even the online version is a day late.

How long does the Grantham Journal take to reach Potters Bar?
MajorBrownEye

Monsieur Abeille wrote:
Reckless wrote:Can you get The Times out in the "sticks" Monsieur?
:laugh:

It tends to be three days late, due to London paperboys like MBE taking overly long to get out here on their bikes. Even the online version is a day late.

How long does the Grantham Journal take to reach Potters Bar?
Bikes? We dreamt of bikes!

On Sundays we needed trolleys because it was a "double bag" day.

Even at that tender age, I was tickled by the number of people who ordered the Sunday Times alongside the News of the World. The Sunday Spurt didn't exist in them days.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.