Fuad Sule

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
South_Belfast_Bee

Re: Fuad Sule

bee33 wrote:
South_Belfast_Bee wrote:
becbee wrote:
South_Belfast_Bee wrote:Given the need for international clearance, would he be eligible for tomorrow? My experience of dealing with the FAI when it comes to tickets suggests it will take them a while to get the paperwork in order!
Seeing as the deal has effectively been in place for months, you'd think the international clearance might also be.
Can clearance go through before 1st Jan? Or is it a case of post-dating the paperwork back when the deal was done?
He won't be able to play if selected until 1st Jan as players can't play for another team if they've already played for a club outside the transfer window (A bit like Costa with the Chelsea and Athletico deal as that was agreed on 21 September 2017 which was outside the transfer window) But I'm very sure the Irish FA would of sorted out clearance as International clearance is solely based on clearance from the other end so I don't see the Irish FA taking there time to send it as it can be done pretty quickly.

Problems only occur if it's a country far far away with poor communication or somethings up with the previous club on letting the player leave e.g wages, money problems or even a grudge on the player and simply taking their time doing the clearance.

FA in England allows up to 30 day for the clearance and if they haven't heard anything back from the other party then they take matters into there own hands and allow the player to play.

Clearance would of been sorted out along time ago for Sule as they've had plenty of time to sort it.

If they haven't then God help them, TK would need new staff if they can't even sort that out !!
FAI, not Irish FA - a lot of Northern Ireland would be deeply offended at that, and they're not an easily offended bunch in Belfast :wink: :whistle:
Norfolkbee

Would all depend on whether or not James Thorne had anything else on at the time!
bee33

South_Belfast_Bee -

You get the drift lol. What's confusing is Derry play in League of Ireland Premier Division. I think they are the only club from Northern Irleand in that league ?

I hope I haven't offended anyone
Norfolkbee

bee33 wrote:South_Belfast_Bee -

You get the drift lol. What's confusing is Derry play in League of Ireland Premier Division. I think they are the only club from Northern Irleand in that league ?

They are indeed. I had the reasons graphically explained to me when I did the "Free Derry" tour a few years back. It was a both enlightening and entertaining afternoon, unless you happen to be a staunch supporter of the Loyalist cause.
As regards to Derry City, I have used Wikipedia to paraphrase what the guide told me, along with his tales of watching Match of the Day as a kid from behind the settee, while a gun battle was raging in the street outside.

"Derry applied to join the reorganised League of Ireland (the league in the Republic of Ireland) in 1985 with the Brandywell as its home. The move required special dispensation from the IFA and FIFA, but eventually Derry was admitted to the league's new First Division for 1985, joining as semi-professionals.[6] As its stadium was situated in a staunchly republican area once known as "Free Derry", with a history of scepticism towards the RUC in the local community,[17] Derry received special permission from UEFA to steward its own games. The presence of the RUC was regarded as more likely to provoke trouble than help prevent it."
South_Belfast_Bee

bee33 wrote:South_Belfast_Bee -

Haha, absolutely no offence here!

In short, the Irish FA is the original FA for the whole of Ireland and now represents Northern Ireland. The League of Ireland represents the South. The Irish League is the northern league, and the League of Ireland is the southern league.

Derry used to play in the northern league (unsurprisingly) but withdrew during The Troubles following a dispute with the Irish FA over their homeground (sound familiar?). They've played in LOI since the late 1980s.

The closest I can think of to this situation in Britain is Berwick Rangers, who are based in England but play in the Scottish league.
beew

Id be disappointed if he wasn't in the reckoning tomorrow. He's a player that we've all talked about over the last few months so I want to see him play at some point. New player starting in a new year...good luck to him and us.

Edit...the Leicester player who missed the deadline in August by 14 secs has completed his move but isn't eligible to play today so I doubt we'll see Sule either.
finchleyman

The guy was on the pitch today and he is tiny! I am not sure we need another tiny mid-fielder especially if he is a defensive mid-fielder and not an attacker. Can't see how he is going to compete against the 6'3" forwards in League 2. Probably not room for this guy and Mauro. Another shit signing. Management has to go.
#Beebot

finchleyman wrote:The guy was on the pitch today and he is tiny! I am not sure we need another tiny mid-fielder especially if he is a defensive mid-fielder and not an attacker. Can't see how he is going to compete against the 6'3" forwards in League 2. Probably not room for this guy and Mauro. Another shit signing. Management has to go.
Is this a serious post?

Kante seems to get on fine.
jerroll

#Beebot wrote:
finchleyman wrote:The guy was on the pitch today and he is tiny! I am not sure we need another tiny mid-fielder especially if he is a defensive mid-fielder and not an attacker. Can't see how he is going to compete against the 6'3" forwards in League 2. Probably not room for this guy and Mauro. Another shit signing. Management has to go.
Is this a serious post?

Which league 2 team does Kante play for? i'm not writing the lad off without seeing him play by the way.
#Beebot

jerroll wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
Is this a serious post?

Which league 2 team does Kante play for? i'm not writing the lad off without seeing him play by the way.
Everything I've heard about him from those who watch Irish football is that he's pretty similar to Kante and was one of the best players over there last season.

L2 is a step up for him, but not a huge one and he should have a role to play over the next few games.

Many great DMs over the years have not had height on their side. It's not a position that requires height, it's all about mobility and timing rather than size.
beew

jerroll wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
Is this a serious post?

Being small but strong means he will have a low centre of gravity and should be hard to knock of the ball. He will also be able to turn quickly and switch play offering distribution to others around him. Anyway let's wait and see before we write him off.
bee33

Height not really an issue,Claude Makelele, Xavi, Iniesta, Scholes, Edgar Davids and Kante are fine examples of the best Defensive Midfielder's ever who make great tackles and run all over the place. They may look like they are extra's from The Barrowers but they show amazing power and strength for their size
finchleyman

I can't believe the responses to my original post. In case people hadn't noticed, we play in League 2 and the ball is hoofed around and in the air and the forwards for the opposing teams are all over 6 ft. How is Mr Tiny supposed to stop them? Edgar Davids couldn't, at least, not without being sent off.
#Beebot

finchleyman wrote:I can't believe the responses to my original post. In case people hadn't noticed, we play in League 2 and the ball is hoofed around and in the air and the forwards for the opposing teams are all over 6 ft. How is Mr Tiny supposed to stop them? Edgar Davids couldn't, at least, not without being sent off.
Davids was absolutely shot when he played for us.

He doesn't necessarily need to win headers if he reads the game well and times his defensive runs well.

The Irish league is approx NL standard and the style of play is crude, more so than L2. Sule has done well there and will do well here if he gets the right guidance. Sadly under the current management he may not get it.
WinchyBee

Typical that people are writing him off before he even steps onto the pitch! Hope he can be our Kante, good luck to him!!