A Q and A Invitation from Tony Kleanthous

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
DerekRocholl

A Q and A Invitation from Tony Kleanthous

It would seem the Chairman is reading this forum and thinks he needs to take some steam out of things. Maybe a better approach might be to look at what people are saying, see what logical questions a raised, and take action or explain things now rather than in several weeks time.

Anyway if anyone wants to ask Tony a question here is the invitation.

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2018/janu ... leanthous/
dpa

Re: A Q and A Invitation from Tony Kleanthous

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment behind this from the chairman, there are more important issues that need to be addressed right now and like Hiveoccupier states, it would have been better to address those immediate concerns via a 'club statement' now rather than a Q&A session that wont be replied to for some time.

Also, I do find TKs output to the Q&A as occasionally condescending and sometimes skirt around an issue without fully addressing it.
CrawleyBee

dpa wrote:Whilst I appreciate the sentiment behind this from the chairman, there are more important issues that need to be addressed right now and like Hiveoccupier states, it would have been better to address those immediate concerns via a 'club statement' now rather than a Q&A session that wont be replied to for some time.

Also, I do find TKs output to the Q&A as occasionally condescending and sometimes skirt around an issue without fully addressing it.
Exactly his replies are predictable. Appreciate some sort of action, but come on just release a statement, even if to say MM is here for the season.
Formerly Watfordbee
South_Belfast_Bee

Whilst I agree the Q&As have a sense of ‘kicking the can down the road’ viz a vis difficult questions at an awkward time, this is, for the time being, our best chance to get some answers.

With that in mind, perhaps as a forum we send a series of questions, signed off by as many people as possible, in the form of a joint letter.

Otherwise, I think, it is too easy for certain topics to be avoided.
jdmckbee

South_Belfast_Bee wrote:Whilst I agree the Q&As have a sense of ‘kicking the can down the road’ viz a vis difficult questions at an awkward time, this is, for the time being, our best chance to get some answers.

With that in mind, perhaps as a forum we send a series of questions, signed off by as many people as possible, in the form of a joint letter.

Think that South Belfast Bees idea is a good one. It will let TK know the numbers of people that feel the same way and have the same views.
We're the West Bank Underhill......
MCB

jdmckbee wrote:
South_Belfast_Bee wrote:Whilst I agree the Q&As have a sense of ‘kicking the can down the road’ viz a vis difficult questions at an awkward time, this is, for the time being, our best chance to get some answers.

Think that South Belfast Bees idea is a good one. It will let TK know the numbers of people that feel the same way and have the same views.
Yes I liked the suggestion someone made (perhaps in mirth!) to send a 'Supporters Statement' back to the club after they issued the 'Club Statement'.

This maybe one way of getting unity - a unified set of questions asked by 100 odd forum members makes it impossible to ignore the difficult questions.
rudebwoyben

That sounds like a great idea to me. A statement that expresses our concerns and gives Tony K some key questions to answer is what I'd like to see.
hoppy

Come on TK.
Bite the bullet and arrange an Open Forum after one of our home fixtures.
As well as TK I would like to see representatives from the players, plus the Manager (whoever that is at the time), the Coaching staff and the PR/Media Department.
Let's thrash all the perceived problems out in verbal dialogue.
South_Belfast_Bee

That’s a suspiciously fast turnaround...
HertsBee

If TK reads this Forum, or has someone else monitoring it, then why hasn't he responded in the last couple of months? This isn't a recent problem but one that has been going on for a long time. There are so many issues that is affecting Supporters one way or another, but nothing has been addressed properly. All we get is a very condescending statement from TK about not swearing at the players(while it is ok for the manager to swear at Supporters) The Q&A will be a complete whitewash as only selective answers will be given to try to appease Supporters, and not the full answers that fans want to know. The idea suggested about an open Forum after a game is the best idea, but I doubt if TK is up for a straight face to face chat. The only real way out of this Shit is for everyone from TK to the manager, players, backroom staff and supporters to all try to pull in one direction, but at the moment I can't see this happening. A final point is, where is the Supporters liaison group in all this. Surely they should have been on to TK earlier for answers as they are supposed to represent all Supporters(as we don't have an actual Supporters Club) or is it a case of they have been talking, but we only get told things when it is necessary.
markobee

Probably TK has already written the Answers.
Now he is just waiting for the Questions.
StephenM

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. There has been a call for more transparency, you've been given the opportunity to ask questions so ask them.

"it's ok for the manager to swear at supporters"...I'm not sure where you get this from, Nugent did it and was reprimanded, I'm sure the same would be in any further instances.

"only give selective answers to supporters" "Open forum after a game the best idea"...will these selective answers not be given at this open forum?

"I doubt if TK is up for a straight face to face chat"...numerous people in the past have spoken to him before and after matches.

Not really looking to defend the club at the moment, the whole thing is pretty much a shambles, but at the same time no need to go overboard on the criticism when it's not all valid.
dpa

South_Belfast_Bee wrote: That’s a suspiciously fast turnaround...
Eh?

Where have the mid season questions come from?

Has anyone been asked to submit?
barnetpete

South_Belfast_Bee wrote: That’s a suspiciously fast turnaround...

Maybe someone had already emailed questions for TK and that has prompted this Q&A.

Await with interest.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
HertsBee

StephenM wrote:Damned if you do, damned if you don't. There has been a call for more transparency, you've been given the opportunity to ask questions so ask them.

"it's ok for the manager to swear at supporters"...I'm not sure where you get this from, Nugent did it and was reprimanded, I'm sure the same would be in any further instances.

"only give selective answers to supporters" "Open forum after a game the best idea"...will these selective answers not be given at this open forum?

"I doubt if TK is up for a straight face to face chat"...numerous people in the past have spoken to him before and after matches.

Not really looking to defend the club at the moment, the whole thing is pretty much a shambles, but at the same time no need to go overboard on the criticism when it's not all valid.
MM was clearly swearing at Supporters.
Selective answers will be given either on-line or at a Forum
Numerous people have spoken to TK(I am one of them) but that is groups of 2or3. Will he stand in front of 2-300. With the amount of people on this Forum and those that go to the games, you could probably fill the Banqueting Suite.