Crawley (Away) The Flightless Chicken Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Crawley (Away) The Flightless Chicken Match Thread

The two week break has given a lot of people a chance for reflection including, it seems the chairman. We have seen the "one club" statement and the Q&A offer, and also McGhee offering his resignation, but Barnet being unable to replace him with their chosen candidates.

After all of this we find ourselves approaching a weekend fixture with a club in disarray. After the anger of Cheltenham I think the supporters have been fairly united in supporting the team, despite the shambles on the pitch and I expect the same to be the case at Creepy.

With Crawley being a few miles from Gatwick, here's hoping that the bees are flying high come 5pm and we are not airing further grievances at the final whistle. At this point using puns would just be plane wrong as it is clear that the club are struggling with excess baggage (Watson, Nicholls and Sweeney) together with a few other issues which have escaped the "to be declared" queue.

Team wise, the team which our current manager (?) stumbled on to against Swindon would seem to be sensible unless Sule is fit so.....

-----------------------Ross----------------------

---Brindley---Santos---Nelson---Tutonda---

---------Fonguck------Vilhete-----J. Taylor---

--JCR-------------------------------Coulthirst---

------------------Akinde----------------------------

Subs: RML, Payne, Clough, Weston, Sule, Akinola, Kyei

I am doing this one by Percy Bus stopping at Horsham on the way Drink2: . Look forward to seeing a few bees there and hopefully cheering on the team to a much needed victory.
talldarkslim

Re: Crawley (Away) The Flightless Chicken Match Thread

We live in hope of avoiding the never ending despair. A draw is the best outcome in my view though no doubt it will be a defeat by the odd goal.
letchbee94

Will be good to watch a game and forget all the dramas surrounding the club (Sure the players feel the same).
Get a win then all may not seem so bad.
Bee_Forever

letchbee94 wrote:Will be good to watch a game and forget all the dramas surrounding the club (Sure the players feel the same).
Get a win then all may not seem so bad.
Agreed. And if we lose Tony can always blame our injury crisis (Elliot johnson) and fans not turning up.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
foxy

It is everyone's fault except Tonys
mcleod23

Sick of Saturday evenings being ruined by defeats, so please Barnet does us all a favour and win. That's all we ask.
dawat

foxy wrote:It is everyone's fault except Tonys
Well at least that's cleared up for us! I think at the very minimum we fans should apologise to TK for the following decisions and actions that we fans made:

1) Appointed an inexperienced young manager without sufficient experienced support or assistance.
2) Failed to sign some much needed players such a defensive mid-fielder before the season started.
3) Failed to appoint the correct experienced support for Rossi after the team injury list mounted.
4) Failed to bring in a few out of contract experienced reasonable quality players on short term contracts to boost the squad once the slide down the table became obvious about October 2017.
5) Failed to appreciate that despite being out of action for months, players returning from injury would not instantly be either match fit or automatically show pre-injury form.
6) Realise quickly that MM did not inspire the players to perform and give the expected bounce back of a new manager.
7) Failed to read all the very clear information being issued by the club on an almost daily basis about proposals to rectify our league position.
8) Appoint a new manager.
9) Sign urgently some new suitably experienced and quality players who will fight to grind out the results we desperately need.
10) Stop expecting the club's management to make speedy and sensible decisions just because we fans have caused the team to be bottom of the Football League.

Once again, I hope the club will accept our sincere apologies for all these failures on our part as fans!
CrawleyBee

Need to win Saturday end of. Seems we are not bringing in anymore players, huge pressure on the lads, but come on a win and good performance could change things.
Formerly Watfordbee
BeeBoi1980

watfordbee wrote:Need to win Saturday end of. Seems we are not bringing in anymore players, huge pressure on the lads, but come on a win and good performance could change things.
We're only a third of the way through the window and the chairman has said there is money for players. Whilst we might have wanted more than one player in by now (I feel two more are needed, and a manager of course), there's nothing to suggest we aren't bringing any more in at this moment.
Tuesds

watfordbee wrote:Seems we are not bringing in anymore players
The manager has said we're going to sign more players. The chairman has said we need new players and that there is money available for new players. We will sign at least one more player, I'm sure of it. Not necessarily before this Saturday, granted.
Itai-bee

Massive game tomorrow.I don’t know why but feel very positive.

On a sad note.
    Very,very sorry to hear about the death of former Crawley manager Dermot Drummy.Who died, aged 56 late last year.
    A ex Arsenal player and former Arsenal and Chelsea youth team coach.
    I remember him fondly from his Hendon playing days.A star player for Hendon at the time.
    I used to watch Hendon as a kid. When Barnet played away.
    Hendon drew Reading away in the FA cup 1st rd in 1988.( Ian Dowie played for Hendon at the time)
    It was a big televised game for Hendon.Everybody was quiet excited.
    I was working in my Dads cafe that week. When Dermot Drummy came in.He was surprised that I recognised him and asked me if I was going to the Reading game.He than asked me for my address.
    I was a bit confused but gave it to him.
    On the early morning of the game.Dermot knocks on my door and hands me over his Hendon No 7 shirt and says “ have a great day”.
    what a Lovely gesture on the morning of a massive away game.
    It said everything about what the man was about.
    A moment I will never forget.
    amberforever

I can't believe it has come to this, but found myself looking: Chesterfield should be soundly beaten by Luton, likewise FG by Swindon, soooooooo....a good chance for us to do something about our position tomorrow.??
    letchbee94

amberforever wrote:I can't believe it has come to this, but found myself looking: Chesterfield should be soundly beaten by Luton, likewise FG by Swindon, soooooooo....a good chance for us to do something about our position tomorrow.??
    Not to bothered about the other teams, I don't care if Chesterfield and FGR both win tomorrow as long as we get a win aswell.
    beew

Itai-bee wrote:
      Massive game tomorrow.I don’t know why but feel very positive.

On a sad note.
      Very,very sorry to hear about the death of former Crawley manager Dermot Drummy.Who died, aged 56 late last year.
      A ex Arsenal player and former Arsenal and Chelsea youth team coach.
      I remember him fondly from his Hendon playing days.A star player for Hendon at the time.
      I used to watch Hendon as a kid. When Barnet played away.
      Hendon drew Reading away in the FA cup 1st rd in 1988.( Ian Dowie played for Hendon at the time)
      It was a big televised game for Hendon.Everybody was quiet excited.
      I was working in my Dads cafe that week. When Dermot Drummy came in.He was surprised that I recognised him and asked me if I was going to the Reading game.He than asked me for my address.
      I was a bit confused but gave it to him.
      On the early morning of the game.Dermot knocks on my door and hands me over his Hendon No 7 shirt and says “ have a great day”.
      what a Lovely gesture on the morning of a massive away game.
      It said everything about what the man was about.
      A moment I will never forget.
      That's a great story and well told.
      becbee

letchbee94 wrote:
      amberforever wrote:I can't believe it has come to this, but found myself looking: Chesterfield should be soundly beaten by Luton, likewise FG by Swindon, soooooooo....a good chance for us to do something about our position tomorrow.??
      Not to bothered about the other teams, I don't care if Chesterfield and FGR both win tomorrow as long as we get a win aswell.
      Wouldn't you prefer us to get off the bottom of L2?