Crawley (Away) The Flightless Chicken Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jamiefrbees

Re: Crawley (Away) The Flightless Chicken Match Thread

When you look at the last 5 games and see 5 red squares for 5 consecutive losses, surely it's best to at least send the team into the next game without a manager at all, rather than McGhee?

I'm not saying the blame is all his, as i do think 75% of the side are prima donnas, but still worth a try surely
Stuart

MM is obviously making many mistakes. Where do I start? Blackman and hoof-ball football will do for now. The body language on the pitch is terrible and presumably the morale and confidence is shot.

But that said this was always coming, I never thought the injured players would be our salvation.The facts are:

Akinde has seen his best days and can't play as a target man

Coulthirst tries hard but is too slow and can't play out wide.

Jack Taylor is not the prodigy some on here want to believe (sorry!)

Nelson too slow and distribution woeful

Santos promising start but now a major weakness

Our squad is weak and always has been. We obviously lack a decent winger, a midfielder with bite and a passing midfielder, And I'm afraid we have to face it, a decent striker

TK has to dig into his pocket, spend on some strengthening and some leadership off the pitch. If not, we are down and destined for years in the NL.
Norfolk & Chance

Hiveoccupier wrote:
BEE428 wrote:We started off well and I had a slight feeling of optimism but this evaporated after MM's halftime team shit talk. Seriously need to get rid of this bloke now or we're relegated...
It was quite a turn around in form. We went from being a team playing fairly reasonable Div 2 football in the first half to looking like a team that had been picked out of a line up of hung over Sunday League hoofers from Hackney marshes in the second half.

I hate to say but, although it wasn't down to him that we lost,Sule doesn't look like he is a going to be a Suleution to anything any time soon. He put a couple of reasonably decent passes in but looked very unlikely to be able to develop into a player who could win a Division 2 midfield.
Suleution? Not clever and not funny Hive !!
DerekRocholl

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
BEE428 wrote:We started off well and I had a slight feeling of optimism but this evaporated after MM's halftime team shit talk. Seriously need to get rid of this bloke now or we're relegated...
It was quite a turn around in form. We went from being a team playing fairly reasonable Div 2 football in the first half to looking like a team that had been picked out of a line up of hung over Sunday League hoofers from Hackney marshes in the second half.

I hate to say but, although it wasn't down to him that we lost,Sule doesn't look like he is a going to be a Suleution to anything any time soon. He put a couple of reasonably decent passes in but looked very unlikely to be able to develop into a player who could win a Division 2 midfield.
R U Becbee in disguise ?
Norfolk & Chance

No, I'm just a sad old fool who enjoys the occasional spoonerism.

Becbee is however, a shining wit !
amberforever

Must say I enjoyed it too....the only smile to be had today.
pgbee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:

Sule did nothing wrong and looked ok. Fair to say he probably isn't the Messiah but at 20 or 21 what do people really expect !!
barnet_pls

This is the first time that l actually believe we will get relegated if we carry on as we are. The only slight silver lining is that if it's true we have a Top 10 budget in L2, then we should be able to get a decent Conference team together.
pgbee

The other embarrassment is the so called young fans just hurling obscenities at the keeper for no reason. Sad and pathetic!
Psycho

Shocking performance against an average team at best.

First half was even but it was such a poor standard. It dragged and dragged on. Even Foxy was finding it hard to watch. No urgency and with the return of Weston I thought we'd at least create chances. But hardly anything. Good banter with the Crawley steward though. :laugh:

Whoever scored the first goal was going to win today. Once we went 1-0 down the "McGhee out" and "Tk's chicken shit" chants started. And then we got worse. By the end the atmosphere on the terrace was toxic after what had been very good vocal support today.

If TK keeps faith with Magoo after this then we haven't got a prayer. Only positives were Sule when he came on, the gallows humour that the worst thing possible would be going to Leyton Orient, Boreham Wood and Dagenham next season and plenty of pints of Guinness.

It's getting so desperate that I wouldn't mind Rossi or Mad Dog back now. Things have got to change or we'll be cut so far adrift - really looking so bleak at the moment.
Psycho

pgbee wrote:The other embarrassment is the so called young fans just hurling obscenities at the keeper for no reason. Sad and pathetic!
Morris Minors.
ninestein

How about next week at home to Lincoln we bring out a rousing rendition of Monty Python's 'Always look on the bright side of life'?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Norfolk & Chance

ninestein wrote:How about next week at home to Lincoln we bring out a rousing rendition of Monty Python's 'Always look on the bright side of life'?
Ha! Nice one. I have a horrible feeling Lincoln will be extracting more revenge for that reference though.
Last edited by Norfolk & Chance on 13 Jan 2018, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
Itai-bee

Who’s turn is it to play in midfield next week ?.
hoofer2

ninestein wrote:How about next week at home to Lincoln we bring out a rousing rendition of Monty Python's 'Always look on the bright side of life'?
It'll be bittersweet. One bbc edit had Eric Idle saying "when your teams losing 15 nil at home to Barnet, it's not the end of the world is it?"