ROSSI

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
GenkiDev

ROSSI

Can't we just give thd job back to Rossi. It's a long term risk, but, he's young, enthusiastic and has a feel for what it takes.

These stop gap managers living off past successes hardly ever bring good things.

We're headed down. Let's do it with some enthusiasm for the future.
Itai-bee

Re: ROSSI

Agree.
If the chairman or McGhee filled me with confidence that someone capable and fresh was coming in. I would say No.
They haven’t. So I think getting Rossi back couldn’t be any worse.
Norfolkbee

GenkiDev wrote:Can't we just give thd job back to Rossi. It's a long term risk, but, he's young, enthusiastic and has a feel for what it takes.

These stop gap managers living off past successes hardly ever bring good things.

We're headed down. Let's do it with some enthusiasm for the future.
Sorry, but Rossi never came across as enthusiastic to me. He seemed like a rabbit caught up in headlights at times. You need a manager who actually wants the job!
Psycho

I haven't been Rossi's biggest fan in the past but desperate times call for desperate measures. The players like and respect him. I'm not sure what they think of Mister Magoo. Now that the injured players are back we could get some positive results with Rossi.
CrawleyBee

Don’t think he would take the job.
Formerly Watfordbee
ninestein

I think Rossi would think twice about it as the pressures of being in a results business ultimately got to him. That's not to say that 10 years down the line he could take a similar role on as a more rounded and experienced individual, and I'd live to see him make a successful manager one day.

Right now we need to find someone who can set high standards, but at the same time make the players feel confident in themselves. There are surely other people than MA who should be able to do that. But right now we need to find the sort of spirit he brought to the club when he came in. Someone who can make the XI on the field bleed for the club's cause
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
beeman

There is absolutely zero chance of Rossi taking the job. As for him coming across as "not enthusiastic" if you take the time to speak to him he is quite honest that he didn't enjoy the media interviews. Not everyone can be like mad dog and completely relaxed in the spotlight.
becbee

I don't see Rossi being offered the job, nor him accepting it if he were. But even when we were losing under Rossi, the fans were generally supportive and sympathetic towards him.

MA divided opinion but at least he did everything he could to inspire confidence.

What we have now is none of the above. Just a toxic atmosphere and hopeless situation.
jerroll

No thanks, been there tried that 2 times and doesn't work . may start well again but no idea how to turn around a bad run.At least the dog is proven in what he does.
adher36

It was incompetent Rossi who bought most of the current crop of failing, sub standard players. It was Rossi who led the team to a 15 or 16 match (I lost count at around 13) winless run.

It is Rossi who, (other than the mentally weak, bottle job players,) is the number 1 reason why the club is in the sad state it is currently in now. He should be nowhere near first team player dealings, as he is quite simply a failure.

Thankfully, he knows and recognises this himself, so is probably quite grateful that he at least is in some sort of employment.
Itai-bee

adher36 wrote:It was incompetent Rossi who bought most of the current crop of failing, sub standard players. It was Rossi who led the team to a 15 or 16 match (I lost count at around 13) winless run.

It is Rossi who, (other than the mentally weak, bottle job players,) is the number 1 reason why the club is in the sad state it is currently in now. He should be nowhere near first team player dealings, as he is quite simply a failure.

Thankfully, he knows and recognises this himself, so is probably quite grateful that he at least is in some sort of employment.
:D Heartless but brilliant
Milkfloat

From the tone of some of comments and the unpleasant abuse that has been hurled at various people linked to the club, I can fully understand why Rossi would not want to be manager. Who in their right mind would want to?

Many people associated with the club are trying their level best despite the poor results and don't deserve some of the nasty things that are said about them. If we are going down, can we not go down with some sort of dignity?
#Beebot

adher36 wrote:It was incompetent Rossi who bought most of the current crop of failing, sub standard players. It was Rossi who led the team to a 15 or 16 match (I lost count at around 13) winless run.

No, most of the current squad was brought in by MA and by TK personally.
CrawleyBee

#Beebot wrote:

Really? As much as I want to back Rossi, the starting 11 yesterday was mostly Rossi’s team.
Formerly Watfordbee
CrawleyBee

#Beebot wrote:

Really? As much as I want to back Rossi, the starting 11 yesterday was mostly Rossi’s team.
Formerly Watfordbee