The Hive to be discussed in the House of Commons

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ninestein

Re: The Hive to be discussed in the House of Commons

Blackman is a politician trying to justify his job. He's saying to his constituents "look at me.. i've raised this local issue in the commons for you all". But it won't come to anything which is going to be detrimental to our club. Apart from playing the planning game and testing the boundries (and we are not the only ones to do this), TK has done nothing wrong and has had the club's long term future at heart.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Norfolkbee

He must be the only Tory that doesn't believe in the sell-off and privatisation of public assets. Either that or he is a total hypocrisy. I tend to go with the latter.
DerekRocholl

Keith Ferry sticking it to 5 jobs Bob in the local press.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/wes ... p-13608372
X-Bumble

BeesKnees wrote:This may help with comprehension
http://www.iharrow.com/bobsays/bob-says ... anagement/
Thanks for this.

It's an interesting article. To me, it seems his issue is really about the council and not us. Tony did mention this issue in his last Q&A post.

It seems he is just using us to justify his arguments, and throwing us into the mix also helps him with his local residents.

Does anyone know how many 'local residents' are 'very unhappy'? - I'm assuming that of course some are, but presumably there are many others who are happy to see the land being developed and the facilities that have been opened to them.

You are right in saying that everyone pushes the boundaries of planning, it's a game that has been played for many years, and will always do so.

His claims against the club do seem to be bordering on slander, but it wouldn't be worth the club pursuing that due to the huge costs of that action against the relatively small return if successful.

This is like Underhill all over again with Coleman. I wonder if we get some local supporters and residents to contact Blackman and tell him to stop this behaviour?
X-Bumble

Hiveoccupier wrote:Keith Ferry sticking it to 5 jobs Bob in the local press.

I love the caption of the Conference cup photo ... " Barnet FC celebrate a win against Gateshead"

I'm guessing the sub-editor is not a football fan!
John_c

Hiveoccupier wrote:Keith Ferry sticking it to 5 jobs Bob in the local press.

Seems a sensible and level headed response. Unlike Sideshow Bob's original statement.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
BeesKnees

His claims were made in the house of commons so no action would be possible. His aim is next years local elections and we are his weapon of choice.

I am unaware of any local residents or fans that are supportive enough to contact Bob Blackman. This is not Underhill and there is little, if any local support for the club. Certainly haven't seen any supportive comments on planning applications, although the number of objections has fallen when compared to 2013.

Good luck finding a group of local supporters and residents supportive enough to confront Bob Blackman.
X-Bumble

BeesKnees wrote:Good luck finding a group of local supporters and residents supportive enough to confront Bob Blackman.
There were a few locals on this forum a month or so ago - don't know if they are reading this?
BeesKnees

X-Bumble wrote:
BeesKnees wrote:Good luck finding a group of local supporters and residents supportive enough to confront Bob Blackman.
There were a few locals on this forum a month or so ago - don't know if they are reading this?
Would be great if the level of local support was on a par with Underhill and capable of standing up to local politicians.

How many was a few, seems odd that now the season has started they have disappeared.

Can you recall their names?
http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/memberl ... ?sk=c&sd=d
HertsBee

BeesKnees wrote:
X-Bumble wrote:
Would be great if the level of local support was on a par with Underhill and capable of standing up to local politicians.

How many was a few, seems odd that now the season has started they have disappeared.

Can you recall their names?
http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/memberl ... ?sk=c&sd=d
Pew, Pew, Barney Mcgrew, Cuthbert, Dibble & Grub
MCB

Well, Bob Blackman's grandstanding has alerted the finance people at Camden Council, who otherwise were unaware of the potential windfall from the sale of PEPF to the club. It looks like the hypocrits desire to get himself headlines will have backfired against his own constituency.

I hope the people of Harrow remember this when his paper thin majority is put to the test at the next election.

X-Bumble

Does anyone else not understand the middle of the last paragraph? - what fan, a fan of who, and how does that quote equate to anything someone would be a fan of?

Also, this is some argument between councils and has nothing to do with us. Shame Blackman feels the need to try and drag us into it.
MCB

X-Bumble wrote:Does anyone else not understand the middle of the last paragraph? - what fan, a fan of who, and how does that quote equate to anything someone would be a fan of?

Also, this is some argument between councils and has nothing to do with us. Shame Blackman feels the need to try and drag us into it.
A fan of Barnet i'd presume, but you're right, it doesn't follow on as well as it should.

It involves us because it only came to light when Grandstanding Bob used his parliamentary privileges for the sole purpose of bashing Barnet FC - which will come at a cost of £1 million to his constituents.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2 ... iveStadium