What's the Point of Westley?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
NorthFinchleyBee

Re: What's the Point of Westley?

I'd echo John's post Jerroll - have valued your insight and shared your frustrations. If we do go down, and its still an if, I hope the National League will be an opportunity to regroup and push for promotion again, aka Lincoln last season.
jerroll

NorthFinchleyBee wrote:I'd echo John's post Jerroll - have valued your insight and shared your frustrations. If we do go down, and its still an if, I hope the National League will be an opportunity to regroup and push for promotion again, aka Lincoln last season.
The problem is we will still be in HA8 where i don't want to be!put up with it for 5 years too many already.
DerekRocholl

NorthFinchleyBee wrote:Agree with ninestein on this. His record so far is drawn two, lost one. Substantially better than either of the previous two incumbents.
We have 22 points from 30 games so far this season. Ie an average of 2.2 points for every 3 games. Westley is averaging 2 points from 3 games.
NorthFinchleyBee

Hiveoccupier wrote:
NorthFinchleyBee wrote:Agree with ninestein on this. His record so far is drawn two, lost one. Substantially better than either of the previous two incumbents.
We have 22 points from 30 games so far this season. Ie an average of 2.2 points for every 3 games. Westley is averaging 2 points from 3 games.
I think it's reasonable to assert he's arrested a decline to a degree, which was deemed by many on here to be precipitous. Notwithstanding the first two months, when we got, I think, 11 of the 22 points, October, November December and January pre-Westley were disastrous so an appropriate point of comparison. I think it's reasonable to assert that its an improvement on what went before in those months. Mean averages in this context are a bit tricky. We had an okay start to the season,but from October it went into freefall, so the reasonable start skews a pretty damning picture in subsequent months if taken as a whole.
DerekRocholl

NorthFinchleyBee wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
I think it's reasonable to assert he's arrested a decline to a degree, which was deemed by many on here to be precipitous. Notwithstanding the first two months, when we got, I think, 11 of the 22 points, October, November December and January pre-Westley were disastrous so an appropriate point of comparison. I think it's reasonable to assert that its an improvement on what went before in those months. Mean averages in this context are a bit tricky. We had an okay start to the season,but from October it went into freefall, so the reasonable start skews a pretty damning picture in subsequent months if taken as a whole.
I'm struggling with your with your definition of "substantially better". That's all.
NorthFinchleyBee

Hiveoccupier wrote:
NorthFinchleyBee wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
I'm struggling with your with your definition of "substantially better". That's all.
Fair point - delete substantially and keep better. From October onwards, I think that's a reasonable assertion. Quite happy to be proved wrong going forward, but for all our sakes, I hope i'm not.
DerekRocholl

"So far marginally better than McGhee, and substantially worse than Eames (despite the injury list the latter had to contend with)" would be more accurate. Probably better all round to reserve comments of this type until a few more games have elapsed.
NorthFinchleyBee

Hiveoccupier wrote:"So far marginally better than McGhee, and substantially worse than Eames (despite the injury list the latter had to contend with)" would be more accurate. Probably better all round to reserve comments of this type until a few more games have elapsed.
Not sure about that, HO. Not sure it's fair to judge someone after three games, surely?
jerroll

all 3's points per game this season = probable relegation over a full season RE .082 per game so rounded up to 38 points , MM 0.6 per game rounded up to 28 points & GW 0.66 rounded down to 3 points.
kingpinfid

The most frustrating thing is the lack of proper planning at the club and knee-jerk nature of most of club's decision making.

For example, we are highly likely to be relegated this season with a bloated squad of predominantly inadequate players and a manager who is generally disliked and whose career is on a downward slide. We have six months until the start of next season, plenty of time to start planning for life in the Conference with a new manager.

But we won't. We'll struggle on, sack Westley in May, spend two months carrying out an extensive interview process and then appoint a new manager at the end of July. Players will be coming and going in August, after the season has already started and there will be a position (right-back, holding midfielder, etc) still unfilled when the Summer transfer window closes.

It's like watching a car crash from the side of the road, but none of the drivers have the vision to see what's about to happen.
jerroll

kingpinfid wrote:The most frustrating thing is the lack of proper planning at the club and knee-jerk nature of most of club's decision making.

For example, we are highly likely to be relegated this season with a bloated squad of predominantly inadequate players and a manager who is generally disliked and whose career is on a downward slide. We have six months until the start of next season, plenty of time to start planning for life in the Conference with a new manager.

But we won't. We'll struggle on, sack Westley in May, spend two months carrying out an extensive interview process and then appoint a new manager at the end of July. Players will be coming and going in August, after the season has already started and there will be a position (right-back, holding midfielder, etc) still unfilled when the Summer transfer window closes.

It's like watching a car crash from the side of the road, but none of the drivers have the vision to see what's about to happen.
If we are in the National league the summer transfer window would be irrelevant!!
Tuesds

jerroll wrote:
kingpinfid wrote:The most frustrating thing is the lack of proper planning at the club and knee-jerk nature of most of club's decision making.

If we are in the National league the summer transfer window would be irrelevant!!
That's the spirit - every cloud and all that! :whistle:
CrawleyBee

Repeated season after season. The football side of things is run pathetically. This mess could have been avoided if TK has appointment a proper manager straight after Allen and given them full control. Glaring errors that don’t get picked up.
Formerly Watfordbee
kingpinfid

jerroll wrote:

Presumably league clubs can't sell or loan players to us outside of their transfer windows though?
amberforever

Just recalling our most successful season recently, our promotion back to the League with MA.
This was ONE season when he had our preseason well worked out and we came out the blocks at full speed with a 5-0 win away at Chester I believe?? Why can't this club get someone back who can organise and plan well. I'm ashamed at our incompetency.