What's the Point of Westley?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
DerekRocholl

Re: What's the Point of Westley?

amberforever wrote:Just recalling our most successful season recently, our promotion back to the League with MA.
This was ONE season when he had our preseason well worked out and we came out the blocks at full speed with a 5-0 win away at Chester I believe?? Why can't this club get someone back who can organise and plan well. I'm ashamed at our incompetency.
Except that when it came to the League MAs performance over the season and a quarter he was in charge wasn't brilliant. His points per games record in both seasons was worse than Rossi Eames' record in the 2016/17 season, and the football played was pretty dire to watch and drove down attendances.

Perhaps we should have taken a chance on a young manager with good ideas and a decent approach and backed him rather than undermining him at every opportunity.
jerroll

kingpinfid wrote:
jerroll wrote:
kingpinfid wrote:The most frustrating thing is the lack of proper planning at the club and knee-jerk nature of most of club's decision making.

For example, we are highly likely to be relegated this season with a bloated squad of predominantly inadequate players and a manager who is generally disliked and whose career is on a downward slide. We have six months until the start of next season, plenty of time to start planning for life in the Conference with a new manager.

But we won't. We'll struggle on, sack Westley in May, spend two months carrying out an extensive interview process and then appoint a new manager at the end of July. Players will be coming and going in August, after the season has already started and there will be a position (right-back, holding midfielder, etc) still unfilled when the Summer transfer window closes.

It's like watching a car crash from the side of the road, but none of the drivers have the vision to see what's about to happen.
If we are in the National league the summer transfer window would be irrelevant!!
Presumably league clubs can't sell or loan players to us outside of their transfer windows though?
no, Tom Champion was loaned to Lincoln last season outside the window.league clubs are just prohibited from signing players(bar free agents) outside windows.National league clubs now just have the old March transfer deadline in place.
alexbach

"inevitable"just left Swansea and shell shocked county

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
beew

alexbach wrote:"inevitable"just left Swansea and shell shocked countyImage

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
That's some beating....roll on Saturday, I say.
northantsbee

Notts County are going to want to put that result behind them by showing it was a one off by doing to us what Swansea did to them. Their cup run is over, they'll want automatic promotion
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
ricardobee

"What's the Point of Westley?"

The question says it all. The same question could be said about this chairman.
adher36

ricardobee wrote:"What's the Point of Westley?"

The question says it all. The same question could be said about this chairman.
The point of the Chairman is to pay all his staff and keep the club running. Which is exactly what he does. And more.
ricardobee

"The point of the . . .And more."

As is the duty of any Chairman, boss, owner, etc. etc. to pay his staff (It's called the law). Keep the club running? Well he's got a few quid from the sale of Underhill?
"And more'. I'm wondering if you mean giving the supporters a team that plays good football challenging for promotion (or even avoiding relegation)? Well, might I say, his record over the last 20 years speaks for itself.
amberforever

One point that's really puzzled me in this season:
Many times we've all witnessed very weak teams playing over the years against us, and thought in the first half that you can see why they are bottom of the league material and surely feel that we could go on to trounce them through the second half......Yet, after the half time talk, they come out more organised and stronger.
Well the thing that really bugs me this season about watching BFC, is that after half time, we come out looking exactly as clueless, and worse if anything. What exactly is being said in the alleged half time talks? Baffling.
alexbach

"inevitable"
Yes the point of this and Barnet til arsenic, is to smugly gloat when you've been proven right

so nine goals ive seen notts county concede, and nine- is the magic number unbeaten run for Swans right now
Carlos is da man :**:
Bee52

I'd like to smugly gloat when I'm proved wrong (hopefully)!

I was born stupid and nothing's ever changed!

:?:
b4life

Anyone who never makes mistakes never achieves anything.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
letchbee94

b4life wrote:Anyone who never makes mistakes never achieves anything.
Good quote, like it.
Bee52

b4life wrote:Anyone who never makes mistakes never achieves anything.
Many thanks b4life. If it's true, I must achieve loads then. Only trouble is I can't remember what any of it is! :Drink1: