Notts County (THL) The Rocky Balboa Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Notts County (THL) The Rocky Balboa Match Thread

Postby BEE428 » 10 Feb 2018, 19:33

I thought that new Nicholson had two very good shots on targets today and was pretty unlucky not to get on the score sheet. I prefer him and Akinola to Coulthirst
Prediction League Champion 2012/13 & 2013/14
BEE428

Postby kingpinfid » 10 Feb 2018, 20:00

Wow, we were seconds away from a decent draw, but a draw that would have been another nail in our relegation coffin.

Instead we snatch the win and have given ourselves a chance in the relegation battle. This could be the start of something.
kingpinfid

Postby gowerfan » 10 Feb 2018, 20:33

Santos and Clough were outstanding at the back.Ross never looked troubled and his clearances were excellent. If you don't concede you always have a chance to nick it and for once we did. Nicholls is a cool finisher. Nicholson was sadly out of his depth but may have a bright future. Jack Taylor should have started. Curtis bustled and inspired. We still lack quality in midfield although Ruben had an excellent first half.
gowerfan

Postby beew » 10 Feb 2018, 20:53

A draw was the fair result and we went onto win it. When Nichols hit the shot I thought it had hit the side netting but was delighted when he spun around to celebrate. And celebrate we did...I hugged people who I didn't even know! Good times and long may it continue.
beew

Postby STAB » 10 Feb 2018, 20:55

For me Tutonda was MOM a great future ahead. COYB
STAB

Postby nicesirmick1 » 10 Feb 2018, 20:56

Have to laugh. Kevin Nolan was so angry with County's performance that in his post match interview he said he would make the team watch the match when they get back to Nottingham before letting them go home!
nicesirmick1

Postby Golf Delta » 10 Feb 2018, 21:14

When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
Golf Delta

Postby beew » 10 Feb 2018, 23:00

It's oh so quiet!
beew

Postby Norfolk & Chance » 10 Feb 2018, 23:14

It is a little paradoxical that our first win in years generates so little debate. Long may it continue. Personally I'm getting slowly stewed and basking in the glow of 3 points. Roll on Yeovil !!
Norfolk & Chance

Postby barnetpete » 11 Feb 2018, 01:37

Well I enjoyed it.

It’s only one game but if we can get something at Yeovil and something next week, the great escape is on we might even start chanting his name!
Do you shop on Amazon? Please consider donating, at no extra cost to yourself, to help Children & Young People in Barnet, via https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1164713-0, Amazon will donate to Young Barnet Foundation with every purchase.
barnetpete

Postby ninestein » 11 Feb 2018, 08:12

The table look a little bit less frightening this morning. Now let's back it up with another result at Yeovil. Crewe are looking like the freefall side at the moment. They have a tough game on Tuesday away to Accrington. Chesterfield and FGR both have home games with Cambridge and Stevenage respectively. Yesterday should have been the toughest game in the current little batch of 4 games. I feel a lot more confident about our chances now.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
ninestein

Postby jerroll » 11 Feb 2018, 08:19

ninestein wrote:The table look a little bit less frightening this morning. Now let's back it up with another result at Yeovil. Crewe are looking like the freefall side at the moment. They have a tough game on Tuesday away to Accrington. Chesterfield and FGR both have home games with Cambridge and Stevenage respectively. Yesterday should have been the toughest game in the current little batch of 4 games. I feel a lot more confident about our chances now.

Grimsby are also dropping like a stone, have not won in 12 - last 2 wins v FGR & when Mcgoo played the kids!
jerroll

Postby South_Belfast_Bee » 11 Feb 2018, 08:24

Absolutely gutted to miss what sounded like a stronger team perforamnce, and hopefully a stronger 2nd half performance than we have become use to over the past few months.

For the first time in a month, I'm looking forward to the fact I'm booked to go to Yeovil!
South_Belfast_Bee

Postby NorthFinchleyBee » 11 Feb 2018, 08:39

I dreamt on Friday night that we won 1-0. I woke up on Saturday morning thinking if only and thinking we'd be lucky to get a draw. It was a treat watching the team yesterday. If they had only played like that in more games, but forget about the past, they have the capacity to take the game to other teams and win going forward. In previous games the second half has been tentative and waiting for the whistle. Yesterday the difference was that pushed on and went for the win. I thought they were good value for the 3 points. They had multiple chances in the first half, and although County had a slightly better second 45, I thought we genuinely edged it. I thought it was a great team performance, but Santos Clough and Ross were immense, and going forward Tutonda was outstanding. I also though Nicholson and Bover had a really good games, tracking back, tackling. Vilhete and Akinola both cause problems when they came on and you could tell defenders were struggling with them, ditto John (John, please go up up for more challenges!) Notwithstanding a really good goal from Nichols, he showed some genuine pace yesterday and could be a real prospect - Notts County conceded two yellow cards trying to deal with him. And it was a fantastic goal!!

I think we are in a battle still, but if the team play like they did yesterday, it's a battle they can win.

COYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NorthFinchleyBee

Postby foxy » 11 Feb 2018, 09:12

What a super super end to a great afternoon!!!!!! Was almost in tears due to sheer joy!

Just in case anyone has forgotten the result you just have to look at how short this match thread is to tell that we WON!

Roll on Yeovil.....

Come on x-bumble... get your arse to a game!!!!
foxy

PreviousNext

Return to General Barnet Chat