Yeovil (Away) The Old Rosie Tinted Spectacles Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee52

Re: Yeovil (Away) The Old Rosie Tinted Spectacles Thread

Not the best of fortune again in that game. We were far less crap in the second half than we were in the first and unlucky not to end up with at least a draw. Would have been interesting if we hadn't conceded a penalty so quickly at the start, whether we would have put together a more promising display. Dismal first half, much improved in the second. Looked much better with Mauro and Coolshirt, but personally I am still not convinced by Watson.

At least Crewe and Chesterfield lost as well so not all of Saturday was undone. See what Saturday brings. COYB!
BeesKnees99

Every other team uses a vital win (ie the win vs Notts) to fuel a decent run of results.

Us? We lose the next game against inferior opponents and fail to score.

I disagree with those who say the Notts win means nothing now, none of us really expected to win that game.

Chesterfield losing is the smallest of consolations; feel for the fans who had to suffer this unacceptable result.

We are unbeaten at the hive under Westley - is he hoping to turn our Edgware abode into a fortress? Cause we need some away wins too, Graham!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PBBee

We didn’t play too badly & if we hadn’t started so poorly it may have been a different game.

We really are struggling to score goals though & I’m afraid Akinde was absolutely anonymous again (same goes for Nicholson). He literally never reacts until it’s too late nowadays and then he’s no where near the ball - he has become very lazy which is sad to see.

Mauro looks so dangerous when he plays but can also see why GW sees him as a luxury.

Huge 7 days coming up - we need 3/4 pts at a bare minimum.
Psycho

We need play-off form (at least) therefore we need to WIN the next two home games otherwise we'll never catch up and run out of time unfortunately. Mid table form would see us down by mid-April.
Norfolk & Chance

I've been enjoying a few days in the New Forest in a posh hotel.
Been sat in the lounge in front of a log fire with my tablet fretting over the score at half time.
Out of the blue I had to call an ambulance for my wife and just experienced the worst few hours of my life.
All ok now thank god but just a nasty, frightening reminder that this is just football.
I know it's extremely important to us and I'm not belittling the game and club we love, BUT, it is just a game.
The fact we're all here to fret over our results is a damned site better than the alternative.
It was probably unnecessary to share but the relief of my wife being ok-ish has left me feeling a little philosophical.
Roll on Saturday!!
Bee52

Sorry to read of yours and your wife's troubles Norfolk. Things like this really do put life into perspective. Am glad that it wasn't as serious as was thought originally for you both and hope it stays that way. I wish your wife a full recovery quickly and that you can more comfortably get back in the boat with the rest of us poor depressed bastards very soon! More seriously though, best wishes and positive thoughts for you both in the meantime!
Mickbee

Norfolk sorry to hear about your wife hope she is on the mend and you're all getting back to normal. You're right when you say incidents like this that put things into prespective. As depressing as this season has been, if all you have to worry about in life is how you're football team is doing , you're very lucky.
I was really hoping that we could get a run going after saturday, sounds like we could have got a point in the 2nd half. GW has to pick them up for saturday a big test for anyone. COYB.
pletch99

I think this was one of my most soul destroying evenings being a football fan. The early penalty undid all the good work of Saturday in terms of player confidence. I can rarely recall a game with so much posession needlessly conceded and so many misplaced passes by both sides. Make no mistake, Yeovil we absolutely dire and for much of the second half we were clearly the stronger team, but we rarely looked like actually scoring - the quality of our final ball was shocking and the players look lile they simply don't believe they are going to score. It's true the Yeovil keeper made some good saves, but from a couple of those chances he shouldn't have had a chance. The less said about Clough's attempt to tackle Zoko at the end the better - in the first half we lost pretty much every 50:50, on this occasion Clough must have been 80:20 favourite to mop it up, but a really weak tackle when it should have been simply to clear, presented Yeovil with a second goal that they really didn't deserve.

Not a good advert for league 2.
kingpinfid

I think the time has come for TK to put the club up for sale. I don't see us breaking the cycle we've been in for circa 10 years now (just bumming about at the bottom of League 2 with the occasional good Conference season) with him in charge.

The appointment of Westley just highlights how out of touch he's become.

Everyone has a shelf life and TK, MM and GW are well passed their best, if we're brutually honest.
RichardM

kingpinfid wrote:I think the time has come for TK to put the club up for sale. I don't see us breaking the cycle we've been in for circa 10 years now (just bumming about at the bottom of League 2 with the occasional good Conference season) with him in charge.

Everyone has a shelf life and TK, MM and GW are well passed their best, if we're brutually honest.
No chance.
RichardM

kingpinfid wrote:I think the time has come for TK to put the club up for sale. I don't see us breaking the cycle we've been in for circa 10 years now (just bumming about at the bottom of League 2 with the occasional good Conference season) with him in charge.

No chance.
Psycho

Norfolk & Chance wrote:I've been enjoying a few days in the New Forest in a posh hotel.
Been sat in the lounge in front of a log fire with my tablet fretting over the score at half time.
Out of the blue I had to call an ambulance for my wife and just experienced the worst few hours of my life.
All ok now thank god but just a nasty, frightening reminder that this is just football.
I know it's extremely important to us and I'm not belittling the game and club we love, BUT, it is just a game.
The fact we're all here to fret over our results is a damned site better than the alternative.
It was probably unnecessary to share but the relief of my wife being ok-ish has left me feeling a little philosophical.
Roll on Saturday!!
N&C, you had every right to mention your wife's hospital scare. I'm so glad for you and your family that she's alright. You've hit the nail on the head about why getting so wound up about Barnet's result is minor compared to the health of your loved ones. Sending you best wishes mate and I hope you'll continue to enjoy the New Forest and a safe journey home.
hoofer2

I didn't go to the game or hear it onto radio, yet the stats indicate we are improving. We hit the post. If if had gone in we could gave ended 1 1. It looks like Crewe are this seasons free fall team. As long as we better their and Chesterfields results we stand a chance. It will be a big psychological boost to overtake Chesterfield and the gap has decreased gradually. It'll be a very tight finish but we may just do it still. All will be dependent on if strikers remember how to score again.
Norfolk & Chance

Thanks for your comments chaps, much appreciated. A frightening few hours but returning to normal now. See you Saturday :-)
ETBee

TK sell the club! Don't be stupid. He's stuck with the Bees for much longer than anybody would normally expect. Who would buy the club anyway? Chinese, Middle East and American businessmen (the only ones with money) are only interested if the club is in the Premiership or top Championship and other buyers are usually only interested in football if they can sell the ground for housing.