Yeovil (Away) The Old Rosie Tinted Spectacles Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
John_c

Re: Yeovil (Away) The Old Rosie Tinted Spectacles Thread

Leaving aside the poor defending on the last goal. The game was awful. We were the worse of 2 very poor teams in the first half. The second half was a different story in that we had most of the possession but couldn't score for toffee. Akinde is a passenger these days, sad times.

And god knows what Mauro has done to be dropped. He needs to start on Saturday!

All in all, there seems to have been an overall improvement since the Medal Winner took over - admittedly it was a low bar. Home games (as pointed out already) could be crucial. Win on Saturday and it's game on.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
#Beebot

Ross is an OK keeper at this level, but it's very odd that Legg isn't getting a look in. Given our league position, was bringing in a backup keeper really an urgency after a full month of the transfer window being open and no activity?
beew

Agewills wrote:The last goal was dismal defending and Ross shouldn't have been beaten at his near post like that. We improved second half and it could have finished 1-1 but if we're still going to concede sloppy as hell goals like that then it just makes the whole improved 2nd half performance pointless. We've been doing this all season, we need to stop these poor decisions and get some basic defending sorted out!

Saturday will be a toughie that's for sure! Accrington will punish us if we defend like that.

The last goal was conceded as we pushed everyone upfield in hope of an equaliser, and then got caught on the counter attack. I'm more concerned at our lack of finishing which is quite abysmal. We could and should of scored at least two last night.
beew

#Beebot wrote:Ross is an OK keeper at this level, but it's very odd that Legg isn't getting a look in. Given our league position, was bringing in a backup keeper really an urgency after a full month of the transfer window being open and no activity?
Agree. Why have we signed a keeper and defender who haven't been deemed good enough to start a game. We quite obviously need a commanding midfielder to organise the team and connect our defence to attack but are wasting money on players who warm the bench at best. It's so frustrating to travel all that way and watch drivel.
PBBee

I only saw it once last night but that was never a penalty!

I know we were poor in the 1st half (so were they) but we dominated the 2nd half but unfortunately with nothing up front you won't win (or draw) many games. I can't believe I keep going on about it but Akinde really needs to step up & get stuck in, he should be a leader on the pitch with his ability & dominating games. I know his service isn't great (and this clearly frustrates him).
LoudmouthBFC

Yeovil Town F.C. 2 v Barnet F.C. 0 | Valentine's Day Massacre | Matchday Vlog (13/02/18)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxLp0brn-m0
becbee

beew wrote:
Agewills wrote:The last goal was dismal defending and Ross shouldn't have been beaten at his near post like that. We improved second half and it could have finished 1-1 but if we're still going to concede sloppy as hell goals like that then it just makes the whole improved 2nd half performance pointless. We've been doing this all season, we need to stop these poor decisions and get some basic defending sorted out!

Saturday will be a toughie that's for sure! Accrington will punish us if we defend like that.

The last goal was conceded as we pushed everyone upfield in hope of an equaliser, and then got caught on the counter attack. I'm more concerned at our lack of finishing which is quite abysmal. We could and should of scored at least two last night.
Surely far better than go all out for the equaliser than stoutly defend a 1-0 defeat.
Once I heard Zoko was coming on, I guessed that if we didn't score then he would.
beew

becbee wrote:
beew wrote:

Surely far better than go all out for the equaliser than stoutly defend a 1-0 defeat.
Once I heard Zoko was coming on, I guessed that if we didn't score then he would.
Can't argue with that. Just concerned that we look so lackluster in attack and the future of scoring with the current squad (see previous thread comments).
BeeBoi1980

beew wrote:
becbee wrote:
beew wrote:

Can't argue with that. Just concerned that we look so lackluster in attack and the future of scoring with the current squad (see previous thread comments).
We have been poor going forward of late, it's a while since we scored twice in a game. I didn't go to the game (tip of the hat to those that did), however, the highlights suggest to me that we shaded it on chances with both keepers making good saves, and lost to a very dodgy early penalty that changed the game, and an injury time break away goal when going for the draw, away to a team in decent form. I did go on Saturday, and that performance twinned with the above suggest we are going in the right direction under GW. He seem to be picking around 9 of the players who should be starting as opposed to McGhee who picked maybe 6 at best.
ape1968

BeeBoi1980 wrote: We have been poor going forward of late, it's a while since we scored twice in a game. I didn't go to the game (tip of the hat to those that did), however, the highlights suggest to me that we shaded it on chances with both keepers making good saves, and lost to a very dodgy early penalty that changed the game, and an injury time break away goal when going for the draw, away to a team in decent form. I did go on Saturday, and that performance twinned with the above suggest we are going in the right direction under GW. He seem to be picking around 9 of the players who should be starting as opposed to McGhee who picked maybe 6 at best.
I'd say that's a pretty fair summary BeeBoi1980. My mate from Yeovil who was at the game with me - and pretty neutral - thought we were very unlucky not to get at least a point. We were ahead on chances created - but unfortunately it's goals scored that count
"The feeling of stepping out for Barnet for the first time was the same as a Champions League match. It is just joy"

Edgar Davids
BeeBoi1980

ape1968 wrote:
BeeBoi1980 wrote: We have been poor going forward of late, it's a while since we scored twice in a game. I didn't go to the game (tip of the hat to those that did), however, the highlights suggest to me that we shaded it on chances with both keepers making good saves, and lost to a very dodgy early penalty that changed the game, and an injury time break away goal when going for the draw, away to a team in decent form. I did go on Saturday, and that performance twinned with the above suggest we are going in the right direction under GW. He seem to be picking around 9 of the players who should be starting as opposed to McGhee who picked maybe 6 at best.
I'd say that's a pretty fair summary BeeBoi1980. My mate from Yeovil who was at the game with me - and pretty neutral - thought we were very unlucky not to get at least a point. We were ahead on chances created - but unfortunately it's goals scored that count
Things like that happen in football, especially away from home, if we go down it won't be because of the Yeovil game that's for sure.
becbee

Swings and roundabouts. From listening to the commentary and watching the highlights we didn't deserve to lose. But then last season, Yeovil didn't deserve to lose but we stole the 3 points with our only shot on target.