Not for the faint hearted........

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Reckless

Re: Not for the faint hearted........

John_c wrote:I started on the East Terrace, went to The West Bank, back to the East Terrace, then main stand, then finally South Terrace (West Bank).

Kept well away from you oddballs in the NW Frontier at all times.
You got bullied by the THB on the Popular (before it was known as the East Terrace) didn't like the bad language and stacks on The West Bank, got lazy and wanted to sit down then went for a cheaper seat. You really were a natural for the North West Terrace mate.

I have taken the rise out of the old soldiers on the Morgue Terrace for years and always will, please don't take offence Dukey. Has it never occurred to everybody but the club never bothered with a Tea Hut on there? Half time was like a Bank Holiday in Southend, out would come the Flasks of Coffee Pork Pies, Bovril Crisps and a Bar Six! Google that Cocolate Bar!
John_c

StephenM wrote:
Golf Delta wrote:
StephenM wrote:Half expected to see 5 or 6 old guys still stood on moaners corner, stuck like something out of Chernobyl.
While it might seem funny to you and a chance to make a joke out of a sorry situation, believe it or not, even the old guys on "moaners corner" are finding it quite heartbreaking seeing their favourite corner of the ground being demolished. Many people stood there for years and years, in all kinds of weather, supporting the same club as you. The friendships and camaraderies that were forged on those terraces over so many years all but fizzled out with the move to Hive, and for most, that corner of the ground holds many fond memories. I had been going to UH since 1970, so might qualify as an old boy, and though you might think your comment funny, I find it in bad taste while we watch our spiritual home being destroyed brick by brick. They might have taken away our home but they'll never take away our memories. It's just a shame that at this time while we're all finding it distressing to see the place being demolished, someone still has to make fun of fellow supporters.
I laughed more at this response than I did to my original post, and I found that very funny.
:D
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
barnetpete

What happened to the guy who littered the NW with the nut shells?
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
MCB

For all the grief the NW terracers get, I stood there once to compete the 92, or however many stands Underhill had. I found it quite amusing, and to be honest a bit of a stranger, but I did see the opponents right back complete lose it with the fans due to the continual barraging they were getting and threaten to jump over the fence. And not for the first time! Winding up the oppostion left winger / right back was a bit of a pastime for some there that normally played into our hands.
Norfolk & Chance

I remember the NW being infiltrated by Swindon fans once on a Tuesday night It was a bit unnerving as there were a few of them and they weren't particularly sober! We mostly put up with their singing etc until a fearless NW lady (very well known bees fan) walked up to them, shouted over to the security bloke and promptly told them all to feck off. There was a big cheer as they were all lead off to the north terrace.
barnetpete

Norb wrote:So very sad , I have gathered some east terrace turnstile bricks together over the last few weeks and will have to turn them into part of a bbq for next summer in the back garden . Centre of my garden is turf from the last match . Once long ago I lived in Enfield and in between the Spurs matches attended Enfield games . Another squashed stadium . Been going to the old underhill place since 1993 . Seem to have lost wh lane, Southbury road and now underhill .
At least can look forward to an east terrace bbq.
I took two with the intention of going back for more but haven't been back, was considering a small wall at the end of the garden but love the idea of a BBQ, do post a picture once its been made.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Reckless

barnetpete wrote:
Norb wrote:So very sad , I have gathered some east terrace turnstile bricks together over the last few weeks and will have to turn them into part of a bbq for next summer in the back garden . Centre of my garden is turf from the last match . Once long ago I lived in Enfield and in between the Spurs matches attended Enfield games . Another squashed stadium . Been going to the old underhill place since 1993 . Seem to have lost wh lane, Southbury road and now underhill .
I took two with the intention of going back for more but haven't been back, was considering a small wall at the end of the garden but love the idea of a BBQ, do post a picture once its been made.
An invite would be better.
RichardM

barnetpete wrote:
Perhaps we could all go round for a barbecue when it's finished.
StephenM

RichardM wrote:
barnetpete wrote:
For authenticity the burgers can't be of the highest quality, there must be excruciatingly hot tea on offer, and slightly odd looking twins on hand should there be any medical emergencies.
John_c

StephenM wrote:
RichardM wrote:
barnetpete wrote:
For authenticity the burgers can't be of the highest quality, there must be excruciatingly hot tea on offer, and slightly odd looking twins on hand should there be any medical emergencies.
And you can only make the bacon rolls to order.

And can we form a long queue? For the sake of it.

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
Norfolk & Chance

You need a decent crowd to create a queue. 1100 home fans at the last Dive game. Strange what priorities different fans have.
RichardM

Presumably the food will run out before everybody in the queue has been served.
ricardobee

GD, you should have realised as soon as your wise words were revealed all those embittered lost souls would produce all there jealosies for not being able to have been part of the terrace at the north-west part of Underhill. They were not fortunate enough to be amongst so many long-serving knowlegeable fans of this once magnificent club. I read that poor old j_c had been to all parts of the ground (obviously being told to f*** off, so having to move again). Fortunately we were saved from giving him this abuse. Probably why the chairman moved there was no where else for him to go. You can have your white elephant training ground with your warm beer and keep-fit gyms and medical equipment. Perhaps you should be worrying about the shit football and the position the club finds itself in. Bottom!!!!
beew

ricardobee wrote:GD, you should have realised as soon as your wise words were revealed all those embittered lost souls would produce all there jealosies for not being able to have been part of the terrace at the north-west part of Underhill. They were not fortunate enough to be amongst so many long-serving knowlegeable fans of this once magnificent club. I read that poor old j_c had been to all parts of the ground (obviously being told to f*** off, so having to move again). Fortunately we were saved from giving him this abuse. Probably why the chairman moved there was no where else for him to go. You can have your white elephant training ground with your warm beer and keep-fit gyms and medical equipment. Perhaps you should be worrying about the shit football and the position the club finds itself in. Bottom!!!!
Pissed again? It's all so so boring.
Golf Delta

ricardobee wrote:GD, you should have realised as soon as your wise words were revealed all those embittered lost souls would produce all there jealosies for not being able to have been part of the terrace at the north-west part of Underhill. They were not fortunate enough to be amongst so many long-serving knowlegeable fans of this once magnificent club. I read that poor old j_c had been to all parts of the ground (obviously being told to f*** off, so having to move again). Fortunately we were saved from giving him this abuse. Probably why the chairman moved there was no where else for him to go. You can have your white elephant training ground with your warm beer and keep-fit gyms and medical equipment. Perhaps you should be worrying about the shit football and the position the club finds itself in. Bottom!!!!
Yes Dick, I knew what to expect when I wrote it and didn't expect anything sensible or sympathetic in reply either. I wouldn't expect them to sympathise with the likes of my dad who had been going there since the 50's and for whom, a Saturday afternoon was not only a time to meet up with friends but also due to geographical difficulties, see his family as well. It was probably what he looked forward to most in the week. To say it's just a bit of concrete maybe so for those with no emotions, but when family, friends, emotions and memories become attached to that bit of concrete, it makes it just that bit harder and sadder to see it go, especially as my dad has been unable to watch his beloved team since the move, bar a couple of games, so it's taken away a lot more than those who like to make a joke of it realise. But I realise there are idiots in all walks of life, I don't have any feelings about them or what they say, they're just meaningless and pointless.

Hope you're keeping well Dick, I miss those days. Take care my friend.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.