Not for the faint hearted........

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
RichardM

Re: Not for the faint hearted........

Golf Delta wrote:
ricardobee wrote:GD, you should have realised as soon as your wise words were revealed all those embittered lost souls would produce all there jealosies for not being able to have been part of the terrace at the north-west part of Underhill. They were not fortunate enough to be amongst so many long-serving knowlegeable fans of this once magnificent club. I read that poor old j_c had been to all parts of the ground (obviously being told to f*** off, so having to move again). Fortunately we were saved from giving him this abuse. Probably why the chairman moved there was no where else for him to go. You can have your white elephant training ground with your warm beer and keep-fit gyms and medical equipment. Perhaps you should be worrying about the shit football and the position the club finds itself in. Bottom!!!!
Yes Dick, I knew what to expect when I wrote it and didn't expect anything sensible or sympathetic in reply either. I wouldn't expect them to sympathise with the likes of my dad who had been going there since the 50's and for whom, a Saturday afternoon was not only a time to meet up with friends but also due to geographical difficulties, see his family as well. It was probably what he looked forward to most in the week. To say it's just a bit of concrete maybe so for those with no emotions, but when family, friends, emotions and memories become attached to that bit of concrete, it makes it just that bit harder and sadder to see it go, especially as my dad has been unable to watch his beloved team since the move, bar a couple of games, so it's taken away a lot more than those who like to make a joke of it realise. But I realise there are idiots in all walks of life, I don't have any feelings about them or what they say, they're just meaningless and pointless.

Hope you're keeping well Dick, I miss those days. Take care my friend.

Yawn!
BigBee

My dad was an Arsenal supporter since before the
WW2.

I’ve never been to Highbury or the Emirates.

What am I meant to be. ??

I am Confused. Com.

Life is Shit and then you die.
Golf Delta

jerroll wrote:
beeamazed wrote:I stopped the car driving past this morning and almost burst into tears...
will probably feel like that tomorrow morning, still makes my blood boil!!
Don't expect any sympathy here, especially from the M family.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
Bee52

We all seem to be missing a major factor in our various disagreements and battles of Barnet fans. The sale of Underhill plus the demolition that was planned and is now being carried out has quite clearly brought about the release of some majorly bad spirits that have arisen from beneath the ground and found their way to THL. I'm not talking about spiced rum or similar either.

It is one of those little known facts that over 200 years ago, the bodies of many old travelling horse dealer types were secretly buried. They were allegedly killed in secret night raids by a renegade army from the Nottingham area at the behest of a handful of corrupt "tax collecting" land owners (or similar).

Recent events have undoubtedly disturbed these poor unsettled souls and brought about The Curse of Underhill! How else could anyone explain the Barnet team's poor form shown so consistently this season, the number of different managers in one season, the astounding number of lengthy injuries, the poor attendances, the position in the league table, the 20% increase in parking costs, Barnet fans in complete disagreement on the forum, the number of late goals conceded, the number of poor refereeing decisions, the missing midfield, the loss of John Akinde's magic, Mark McGhee and the lack of free range chickens roaming the streets of Colindale?

It's The Curse of Underhill, no doubt about it! You must know it makes senseDisbelieve this at your own peril!
BigBee

Golf Delta wrote:
jerroll wrote:
beeamazed wrote:I stopped the car driving past this morning and almost burst into tears...
I think they’re called pragmatists. !!!
beew

Bee52 wrote:We all seem to be missing a major factor in our various disagreements and battles of Barnet fans. The sale of Underhill plus the demolition that was planned and is now being carried out has quite clearly brought about the release of some majorly bad spirits that have arisen from beneath the ground and found their way to THL. I'm not talking about spiced rum or similar either.

It is one of those little known facts that over 200 years ago, the bodies of many old travelling horse dealer types were secretly buried. They were allegedly killed in secret night raids by a renegade army from the Nottingham area at the behest of a handful of corrupt "tax collecting" land owners (or similar).

Recent events have undoubtedly disturbed these poor unsettled souls and brought about The Curse of Underhill! How else could anyone explain the Barnet team's poor form shown so consistently this season, the number of different managers in one season, the astounding number of lengthy injuries, the poor attendances, the position in the league table, the 20% increase in parking costs, Barnet fans in complete disagreement on the forum, the number of late goals conceded, the number of poor refereeing decisions, the missing midfield, the loss of John Akinde's magic, Mark McGhee and the lack of free range chickens roaming the streets of Colindale?

It's The Curse of Underhill, no doubt about it! You must know it makes senseDisbelieve this at your own peril!
I like it, but there's no mention of Westley? On a more serious point the soil on the pitch was being removed today and the guys in the diggers were dressed in full asbestos mode? There was also a horrid smell about the place.
Bee52

I hadn't got to Westley yet. My hopes are that he has an Exorcism Medal in amongst his silverware.

Re the horrid smell, I reckon that's just the forever ingrained stench from the Bovril. All the more reason for the asbestos protective gear. The new buildings will most probably house that whiff forever more!
RichardM

BigBee wrote:
Golf Delta wrote:
jerroll wrote:
No, idiots according to Golf Delta.
Last edited by RichardM on 15 Feb 2018, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
RichardM

BigBee wrote:
Golf Delta wrote:
jerroll wrote:

No, idiots according to Golf Delta.
Last edited by RichardM on 15 Feb 2018, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
ricardobee

"Pissed again? It's all so so boring."

You can't beat constructive criticism!
Norfolk & Chance

[/quote]will probably feel like that tomorrow morning, still makes my blood boil!![/quote]

Don't expect any sympathy here, especially from the M family.[/quote]

I think they’re called pragmatists. !!![/quote]

No, idiots.[/quote]

Excellent post.
Worth seeing it twice too.
beew

ricardobee wrote:"Pissed again? It's all so so boring."

You can't beat constructive criticism!
You are boring...come up with something new and I night get interested.
STAVROS

I have just read recent message sent by Bee52.
I am deeply concerned by the 'The Curse of Underhill' story, why, because there is something in it.
Many years ago, in the early 1960's I travelled to the famous Barnet Fun Fair with my dad and brother. We walked along the well
worn footpath next to Dollis Brook and eventually arrived at the Fun Fair field. From there we strolled through and arrived at
Barnet Lane to see the Horse Trading Fair on the other side of the road.
To the right of the muddy entrance to the Horse Fair field, there was, and you won't believe it, a Gypsy Rosie Lee fortune teller booth. ITS THE TRUTH !
Now Gypsy Rosie Lee was much agitated and was pacing up and down Barnet Lane near the Bridge.
I have never heard so much ranting, swearing & cursing. I was quite young, frightened, but somehow was able to understand that she was saying:
No one, absolutely no one should disturb the Sacred Underhill turf, it would cause great unhappiness & misery if the unsettled
buried souls came to the surface.

Strange that, but I am not wrong, Bee52 completes the story.
I now understand why the results have been so bad, so bad, so bad.
That's the last time I cycle to Whetstone on the back route cycle path.
John_c

I'm just pleased that our resident serial flouncer is back. Think the last one was at half time during a game.

It must be the rarefied air around the NW Frontier. Magical.

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
ricardobee

"You are boring...come up with something new and I night get interested."

Oh dear . . . Good night!