Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoofer2

Re: Hoppy's most-hated clubs

northantsbee wrote:1. Lincoln
2. Enfield
3. Wealdstone
4. Stevenage
5. Northampton
6. Nottingham Forest (for this https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 86051.html)
Do we actually know the list of clubs that voted in Barnet's favour?
Norfolk & Chance

Just Peterborough. Oh, and Stevenage.

Peterborough and Stevenage then. Oh, and Enfield.

Peterborough, Stevenage and Enfield.
MCB

Hang on - that's not Notts Forest's fault - they just held the meeting. That's why I included Walsall, they wanted us expelled as per that piece:
The verdict was bad news for Walsall, who expected to take Barnet's place in the Second Division, and Halifax, who hoped to regain their League place. Roy Whalley, Walsall's chief executive, said they would have preferred promotion by right, but added: 'It's generally accepted that Barnet have breached every regulation in the book. The public will find it hard to understand how the oldest league in the world can accept this type of behaviour.'
Can anyone name the highest placed league team that failed to get promoted and would have been promoted had we been expelled that season? :?:

Walsall wankers.

Anyway, anyone on this board one of this lot?
Wolves' chairman, Jonathan Hayward, indicated that the presence of 40 Barnet loyalists swayed some delegates. 'The feeling was that they have a very committed set of supporters and that they were being punished for the misdemeanours of someone else.'
rudebwoyben

Walsall’s a good shout. I believe that Blackpool was the main club lobbying other clubs to vote for us so despite the Oystons they ought to be forever in our good books.

My dislike list in no particular order is as follows:
Stevenage
Wealdstone
Enfield (Town)
Fylde/Salford/Eastleigh (as was)/basically that sort of club
Borehamwood
Whoever Jose Mourinho manages
Manchester Utd
Chelsea
MK Dons

I’m surprised that no one has put down Coventry City yet!
tpBEE

MCB wrote:
Hang on - that's not Notts Forest's fault - they just held the meeting.
And voted to kick us out the league, and refused to give any kind of small contribution for signing Gary Bull, and were just plain A-holes ("'No one has come here today and said they'll put money into Barnet, and I don't think they'll survive.'")
MCB

tpBEE wrote:
MCB wrote:
Hang on - that's not Notts Forest's fault - they just held the meeting.
And voted to kick us out the league, and refused to give any kind of small contribution for signing Gary Bull, and were just plain A-holes ("'No one has come here today and said they'll put money into Barnet, and I don't think they'll survive.'")
Ah yeh, fair play, I re-read it now. Can understand them not paying for Gary Bull - no club who nicked our good players did, so why should they. If anything it's Southend who should have given us most money.

Still, my overiding hatred is with Walsall who pushed to get us kicked out purely to take our promotion spot.
becbee

It seems unlikely that anybody who was involved with Walsall at that time will still be there now so why bother harbouring a grudge all these years later?

I hated Torquay after their antics in getting our relegation 6 pointer postponed ultimately lead to our relegation. However as soon as they too suffered relegation I stopped caring and now they've been relegated to NLS , I almost feel sorry for them.

Likewise Enfield - why hate a club who are now so low down the non-league ladder? Or Enfield Town whom we've never even played other than once in a PSF?

At the moment I hate Coventry City but I doubt I will once Mark Roblns gets the sack (sooner rather than later I hope) and they return to L2.

Apart from when they play us / do something which at the time affects us , I couldn't care less about any team whom I don't support. Life's too short for football hatred and grudges.
MCB

becbee wrote:It seems unlikely that anybody who was involved with Walsall at that time will still be there now so why bother harbouring a grudge all these years later?

I hated Torquay after their antics in getting our relegation 6 pointer postponed ultimately lead to our relegation. However as soon as they too suffered relegation I stopped caring and now they've been relegated to NLS , I almost feel sorry for them.

Likewise Enfield - why hate a club who are now so low down the non-league ladder? Or Enfield Town whom we've never even played other than once in a PSF?

At the moment I hate Coventry City but I doubt I will once Mark Roblns gets the sack (sooner rather than later I hope) and they return to L2.

Apart from when they play us / do something which at the time affects us , I couldn't care less about any team whom I don't support. Life's too short for football hatred and grudges.
Well, what's the point in anything then?

I'm sure Walsall will still have their fans from the period who would have been baying for our blood. I remember it as it shows the shallowness of the football 'family' if they get to to benefit - happily see us expelled and shut down to get their place in Division 3.

Tony Cottee's forgiven whilst were at it.
becbee

I very much doubt these Walsall fans have cared less about us for years. Why would they?
Even when we played at Walsall about 10-12 seasons ago I don't recall any animosity during the match.
Norfolk & Chance

Life's too short for football hatred and grudges?

Unless you just want Martin Allen to fail, eh?
barnetpete

Enfailed
Plymouth
Orient (although softened in recent years)
Leeds
Newcastle - although it is more of a dislike of pundits calling them everyone's 'second team' during the Keegan era over a real dislike of Newcastle themselves.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
RichardM

Enfailed
Wealdstone
Grimsby
Luton
Arsenal
Liverpool
Chelsea
West Ham
kingpinfid

Liverpool - biggest bunch of northern monkey whingers ever.

Lose a cup final. Blame the opposition defender who was being fouled by your forward and make excuses for your crap goalkeeper based on a made up concussion.
boots

Unfortunately I live near Walsall now, so I'm happy to keep the hate going for us all.
finchleyman

I am surprised nobody mentioned Coventry. Have we forgiven them?