WORLD CUP 2018 PREDICTION LEAGUE

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Reckless

Bearing in mind the success of Prediction League and the previous World Cup editions I have decided to run another Prediction League for the World Cup 2018.
It will be a simplified version of the competition featuring a selection of the games from the group matches and the last sixteen ties, which will include all of England games obviously, plus all the quarter finals, both semi finals and of course the final.

To play you simply have to be a signed up member of the barnetfc.com message board to participate. As each match thread appears you can post your prediction for it, and leave the rest to me. The threads will be accessible under their own separate Forum entitled Prediction League on the official message board and the current league table will be on view every day

THE RULES WORLD CUP 2018 PREDICTION LEAGUE

1. I will award points to registered ‘user names’ only and not to members real names. For instance some of the members may have a couple of alternative user names but they will not be added together.
2. The prediction for each match may be made at any time right up until kick off. Any prediction made after the kick off time will be void.
3. You may change or alter your prediction by re-posting on the thread but we will accept the later prediction as your entry.
4. 1 point will be awarded for a correct half time standings prediction (i.e. you predict England to be leading 1-0 and the score is actually 2-0)
5. 3 points will be awarded for an exact half time score prediction. (i.e. you predict England 1-1 Opponents and that is the score at half time).
6. 5 points will be awarded for a correct result prediction. (i.e. you predict England to win 2-0 and the final score is actually 2-1 to England)
7. 8 points will be awarded for an exact full time prediction. (i.e. you predict England to win 2-1 and that is the final score).
Only the full time score after 90 minutes will be taken into account – extra time and penalties are not applicable.
8. If you happen to hit the ‘JACKPOT’ and correctly predict the exact final score and the exact half time score you will awarded 15 points.
9. If you are unable to make a prediction for a particular game don’t worry as we will accept what we consider legitimate requests in advance via a posting or E mail me at tonyhammond2@hotmail.com. However each thread will be put up well in advance of the game.
10. The judge’s decision will be final - so there.

Past Winners

World Cup 2002 - Ninestein
World Cup 2006 - MK Bees
World Cup 2010 – Cockney 77
World Cup 2014 – Toronto Bee
Last edited by Reckless on 13 Jun 2018, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reckless

Re: WORLD CUP 2018 PREDICTION LEAGUE

What the Hell.............The first thread is up for any early birds!
shankbee01

Great!! Thanks so much for running this again Reckless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
amberforever

Seconded! I have a feeling we will surprise more than a few with Southgate in charge. Thanks Reckless, really looking forward to the competition.
Norfolk & Chance

Agreed, but I have real concerns for the safety of England fans over there.
I'm not sure how much help there'll be from the police should they be attacked.
I hope every single fan gets back home in one piece and celebrating some kind of success. Like qualifying from the group :-)
amberforever

Ok guys.....hands up time......who remembers our greatest footballing moment in history?.....(No, not Sir Nick bearing down on goal) but Sir Bobby Moore lifting the World Cup???
I was an eleven year old lad on holiday in Wales, (don't ask) with my Dad. We were watching it on a b&w tv in a shop window, when the owner came out and invited us all in to watch seated with a cup of tea and biscuits to boot! Can't see that happening nowdays.
I was smitten with the prowess of the West Ham players!
RichardM

amberforever wrote:Ok guys.....hands up time......who remembers our greatest footballing moment in history?.....(No, not Sir Nick bearing down on goal) but Sir Bobby Moore lifting the World Cup???
I was an eleven year old lad on holiday in Wales, (don't ask) with my Dad. We were watching it on a b&w tv in a shop window, when the owner came out and invited us all in to watch seated with a cup of tea and biscuits to boot! Can't see that happening nowdays.
I was smitten with the prowess of the West Ham players!
I watched the game at a friend's house near Underhill in Greenhill Park. When we went 3-2 up I could not cope with the tension so went out for a walk up Greenhill parade and back. There were no cars driving along the high road and no other people out. When I returned to the house my friend's father turned and said the score was still 3-2. I replied "no, 4-2". I saw the final goal and he missed it when he turned round.
Reckless

Only a week to go chums!
Get predicting
Norfolk & Chance

I predict England won't win the world cup.

I have never seen so many sideways or backwards passes in my life!
Butch Wilkins would be embarrassed by this display of negative football!
MCB

So, with so many of the England players at the World cup have played lower league football - but Barnet are the only football league club from last season that non of the England world cup team has played against (according to https://onsideview.com/football/interna ... -long-way/)

Dele Alli of course at MK Dons
Jordan Pickford has more League One clean sheets, from his time with Bradford City and Carlisle Utd, than he does in the Premier League.
Harry Kane's first goal was for Leyton Orient. Harry Macguire's at Oldham, Febian Delph, Nick Popes senior debut was for Cambridge Utd against Woking and especially Jamie Vardy.

So - with our favourite commentator standing down, we don't really have any World Cup links.

Can anyone think of any viable World Cup links? Have we played against any of the other countries teams players?
jerroll

Jack Butland played for Cheltenham on 6/4/12 against us in a 2 -0 defeat
MCB

jerroll wrote:Jack Butland played for Cheltenham on 6/4/12 against us in a 2 -0 defeat
Hat tip - that checks out. I've alerted the journalist - let's see if they change their published story based on that!