Stadium Expansion

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
eastbarnetsupporter

Re: Stadium Expansion

pgbee wrote:
eastbarnetsupporter wrote:
pgbee wrote:Having a long narrow terrace with a high back wall along the side of the pitch is rubbish. I suspect most South standers would not go there, which is of course the point , to remove the low paying end of the fan base by making the facilities to stand the worst they could be. Save by only doing half the length as there won't be enough standers to fill even that.
It will be similar to the old east terrace at underhill so what's the gripe?

Sure the roof needs extending along the sides but I'd happily stand there, you'll be up and close with the pitch and having sat there many times the view is great (and that's sitting!)
I like standing at an end because generally when I was an impressionable teenager that was where standing areas were, swapping ends at HT....also easier to see the whole pitch. Went to ET out of necessity in the later years

Surely the view is better on pitch side? If you're behind the goal and low down you have not got a clue of what's going on the other side in terms of space, hence the south stand has such a bad view. Pitch side terrace you can see the whole thing and don't need to move around (you can't anyway as this isn't the 80s)
PBBee

A shallow terrace will look quite poor from the TV cameras (we should definitely try and switch the camera stand if possible), however it will do for me. I don’t even mind the view from the south stand - never understood the moans tbh.
GenkiDev

Clearly the answer is having a standing terrace on the roof :D
ninestein

We could name it the "Solar Enclosure" in dedication to every shot Tony Richards sent towards the sun.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Tynant14

It seems that once again TK/Barnet FC can do nothing right in the eyes of a large number of supporters.

For goodness sake we have great facilities which will be even better in the future. Lets give John Still and DC an opportunity to build a good team to take the the club forward. Stop bloody moaning and get behind the club.
jonbonbaby

What he (or she) said