Callum Reynolds

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
tomrose72

Re: Callum Reynolds

LoudmouthBFC wrote:Not sure how they can say it's a backwards move.
Possibly a sideways move, given where they finished last season, but we are likewise expected to be in the play-off mix next season so not sure about their suggestions of it being a backwards move either.
Tuesds

tomrose72 wrote:
Possibly a sideways move, given where they finished last season, but we are likewise expected to be in the play-off mix next season so not sure about their suggestions of it being a backwards move either.
They’re a bigger club with a bigger fanbase and a bigger Football League history. So, from a Shots fan’s perspective, Barnet should be a backward step for an Aldershot player who’s turned down a contract. However, it’s not really a backwards step because despite their bigger fan base, our club has invested in additional revenue streams to enable us to spend more on players than them.
Norfolkbee

Tuesds wrote:
tomrose72 wrote:
They’re a bigger club with a bigger fanbase and a bigger Football League history. So, from a Shots fan’s perspective, Barnet should be a backward step for an Aldershot player who’s turned down a contract. However, it’s not really a backwards step because despite their bigger fan base, our club has invested in additional revenue streams to enable us to spend more on players than them.
Bigger Football League history? Aren't they a phoenix club? However, I do expect them to be in the promotion shake-up come April.
ninestein

We are a big fish in this pond. Why shouldn't other club's top players be tempted by a move to Barnet. Some of our fans have England syndrome... talking down our prospects before a ball has been kicked.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Norfolk & Chance

ninestein wrote:We are a big fish in this pond. Why shouldn't other club's top players be tempted by a move to Barnet. Some of our fans have England syndrome... talking down our prospects before a ball has been kicked.
Living in the past on both counts.
We'll have no idea how big we are in the conference until next season.
And when it comes to England, it's better to expect nothing in the hope of being pleasantly surprised.
mcleod23

Tuesds wrote:
tomrose72 wrote:
All their best players have left?!
#Beebot

In terms of resources we've had quite a bit more than Aldershot for some time now.

If we're basing it on history, it's like saying that Man City is a step down from Forest.
CrawleyBee

Facilities, we outdo almost every other conference club, average attendance will just about be top 10. Depends what you want to measure it on, I would be disappointed if I was an aldershot supporter.
Formerly Watfordbee
John_c

Ah how I've missed the old parachute money conspiracy theory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
ccollis_869

watfordbee wrote:Facilities, we outdo almost every other conference club, average attendance will just about be top 10. Depends what you want to measure it on, I would be disappointed if I was an aldershot supporter.
To be fair I would say we have THE best facilities in the non-league. Not the biggest capacity but the actual facilities are better then almost every league two and one clubs
Norfolkbee

ccollis_869 wrote:
watfordbee wrote:Facilities, we outdo almost every other conference club, average attendance will just about be top 10. Depends what you want to measure it on, I would be disappointed if I was an aldershot supporter.
To be fair I would say we have THE best facilities in the non-league. Not the biggest capacity but the actual facilities are better then almost every league two and one clubs
The trouble often is that the majority of other fans - and some potential new signings - tend to view a club by the size of its attendances. A crowd listed in the Sunday papers as 1,700 conjours up the perception "small club" with the casual (and many non-casual) observers. This is one reason why the Bees need to grow their support base.
LoudmouthBFC

John_c wrote:

Money and Barnet, has that ever been used in the same sentence before?
MCB

LoudmouthBFC wrote:
John_c wrote:

When TK got John Doolan to sign a 5 year contract.
LoudmouthBFC

MCB wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:
John_c wrote:

When TK got John Doolan to sign a 5 year contract.
What a man. 2nd best scouser to ever play for us, next to Ryan Watson of course :ohlord:
Attachments
1559033.jpg
1559033.jpg (32.28 KiB) Viewed 3952 times
jerroll

Mark Carter was the best scouser to play for us!