Callum Reynolds

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoofer2

Re: Callum Reynolds

LoudmouthBFC wrote:
John_c wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:Not sure how they can say it's a backwards move.
Ah how I've missed the old parachute money conspiracy theory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Money and Barnet, has that ever been used in the same sentence before?
Of course!!! Especially when in conjunction with a certain Mr Flashman
Mikel Bee

LoudmouthBFC wrote:
MCB wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:
John_c wrote: Ah how I've missed the old parachute money conspiracy theory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When TK got John Doolan to sign a 5 year contract.
What a man. 2nd best scouser to ever play for us, next to Ryan Watson of course :ohlord:
He's fat, he's Scouse, he'll rob your f*cking house Johnny D, Johnny D.

Why is there still no statue of Doolan???
tpBEE

Mikel Bee wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:
MCB wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:
When TK got John Doolan to sign a 5 year contract.
What a man. 2nd best scouser to ever play for us, next to Ryan Watson of course :ohlord:
He's fat, he's Scouse, he'll rob your f*cking house Johnny D, Johnny D.

Why is there still no statue of Doolan???
Scored the best OG I have ever seen at Underhill against Northwich Victoria
hoofer2

tpBEE wrote:
Never!! Greg Heald's bullet header into top corner from 18 yards out vs Southend was by far the best one. Got sent off immediately afterwards after tussling with Carruthers
barnetpete

hoofer2 wrote:
tpBEE wrote:
Never!! Greg Heald's bullet header into top corner from 18 yards out vs Southend was by far the best one. Got sent off immediately afterwards after tussling with Carruthers
Great goal, great punch up, even Marlon King ended up down the tunnel as it carried on after they had both been sent off.

You just don't get good punch up's and mellay's any more. When was the last time both benches had a set too? Hardly ever any pushing and shoving among players, last one I can think of of note was the Davids leading elbow incident when grappling for the ball.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
rudebwoyben

barnetpete wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:
tpBEE wrote:
Great goal, great punch up, even Marlon King ended up down the tunnel as it carried on after they had both been sent off.

You just don't get good punch up's and mellay's any more. When was the last time both benches had a set too? Hardly ever any pushing and shoving among players, last one I can think of of note was the Davids leading elbow incident when grappling for the ball.
I remember there was a great one between our bench and Stevenage's at Underhill back in 03/04. I think an injury causing foul to Liam Hatch precipitated it.
Mikel Bee

Yes, I think the Stevenage bust up was the last big one we've had. Seem to remember the club were landed with a fine for not being able to control the players.

On a slightly related note, does anybody remember that tackle by a ginger Halifax player in the early 00's? It was amongst the worst I've seen commited on a Barnet player but he only received a yellow card to the bemusement of Underhill. Any other memorable challenges we've been victim of? A few at MK Dons' National Hockey Stadium stick out.
jerroll

Mikel Bee wrote:Yes, I think the Stevenage bust up was the last big one we've had. Seem to remember the club were landed with a fine for not being able to control the players.

On a slightly related note, does anybody remember that tackle by a ginger Halifax player in the early 00's? It was amongst the worst I've seen commited on a Barnet player but he only received a yellow card to the bemusement of Underhill. Any other memorable challenges we've been victim of? A few at MK Dons' National Hockey Stadium stick out.
Jude Sterling got a yellow in that game at NHS for a far worse tackle than Dean Sinclair was subsequently sent off for. Good job the ref that day only referees in the Premier league now (Andre Marriner!!)
pokal02

There was that 'friendly' against Harrow Borough where John Margerrison and Don McAllister were stretchered off following late tackles within about 5 mins of each other. The 'tackle' on McAllister was awful and effectively ended his career. Neither offender was even booked - the crowd got so angry that the next Harrow player to commit a (fairly innocous ) foul was indeed booked.

And of couse there are a number of tackles by L**c*ln players in the infamous 1987 season - the tackle which Noel Ashford retaliated to and was sent off (and their player was not, of course, even spoken to) was probably the worst of many.
MCB

Mikel Bee wrote: On a slightly related note, does anybody remember that tackle by a ginger Halifax player in the early 00's? It was amongst the worst I've seen commited on a Barnet player but he only received a yellow card to the bemusement of Underhill.
Didn't that leave someone being stretchered off - Lee Harrison perhaps?

I remember said ginger bloke coming on as sub in our promotion season to a universal level of sustained abuse that i'd only ever seen reserved for Mark Arber. Literally as the subs board went up to announce he was coming on a (fairly packed) Underhill launched into a massive chorus of a word I won't repeat endlessly everytime he touched the ball to the extent that he didn't want the ball and was appalling. I remember Scotty Tynan finding it particularly hilarious. And we thrashed them from memory.
barnetpete

MCB wrote:
I remember said ginger bloke coming on as sub in our promotion season to a universal level of sustained abuse that i'd only ever seen reserved for Mark Arber. Literally as the subs board went up to announce he was coming on a (fairly packed) Underhill launched into a massive chorus of a word I won't repeat endlessly everytime he touched the ball to the extent that he didn't want the ball and was appalling. I remember Scotty Tynan finding it particularly hilarious. And we thrashed them from memory.
Gareth Sheldon?
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
tpBEE

barnetpete wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:
tpBEE wrote:

I never saw that Greg Heald one so my initial statement still stands :D

I seem to remember Chris Plummer headbutting Danny Naisbitt (remember him?!) when we played Dagenham at Underhill around 03/04 and it all kicking off then. Not sure what started it.
Bee_Forever

jerroll wrote:
Mikel Bee wrote:Yes, I think the Stevenage bust up was the last big one we've had. Seem to remember the club were landed with a fine for not being able to control the players.

Jude Sterling got a yellow in that game at NHS for a far worse tackle than Dean Sinclair was subsequently sent off for. Good job the ref that day only referees in the Premier league now (Andre Marriner!!)
Was that the same game where Hendo got sent off? If so one of my all time favourite games. Stuck on a temporary stand on the half way line in blazing sunshine with hundreds of noisy Barnet fans regaling MK with the "lord of the dance" remix. Lewington had been scroting Hendon all afternoon and in a fit of pure fury Hendo directed a straight elbow at him as he tried to get past him. Our bench was down to bare bones to Hatchy came on, in full on murder mode in midfield for the 9 men of Barnet.

Paul Fairclough referencing this years later said that he had to call Hatchy over after 5 minutes to wipe the spittle from his mouth! We lost but we certainly went down fighting!
jerroll

Bee_Forever wrote:
jerroll wrote:

Was that the same game where Hendo got sent off? If so one of my all time favourite games. Stuck on a temporary stand on the half way line in blazing sunshine with hundreds of noisy Barnet fans regaling MK with the "lord of the dance" remix. Lewington had been scroting Hendon all afternoon and in a fit of pure fury Hendo directed a straight elbow at him as he tried to get past him. Our bench was down to bare bones to Hatchy came on, in full on murder mode in midfield for the 9 men of Barnet.

Paul Fairclough referencing this years later said that he had to call Hatchy over after 5 minutes to wipe the spittle from his mouth! We lost but we certainly went down fighting!
The very same game Mr C!!
letchbee94

When we played Leeds in the league cup I remember their keeper Neil Sullivan did something to 1 of our forwards.
Think it was 2-1 at the time and it might have turned the game around had he been sent off.