Pecking Order RIP - fowl play not suspected

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
eastbarnetsupporter

Re: Pecking Order RIP - fowl play not suspected

We've now got the best of both worlds.

The bar has returned and we still keep the chicken (which tastes great).

Still confused to why everyone did try cram into the small bar last season when the legends bar was open (and that's where 70% of Barnet fans sit during the game).
Norfolkbee

It is very sad when other teams are bringing in two, three, sometimes four players, all we Barnet fans have to chew over is the closure of a chicken shop. Somebody on here a couple of weeks ago was doing a sweepstake on when our first signing would be announced and he (jokingly, I assume, said August), but perhaps he's not that far off the mark.
Surely, if the club is looking to sell season tickets, memberships etc, it should be getting its posterior in gear and providing an impetus to get people to purchase them as soon as possible. A couple of announced signings (assuming there are some) would do wonders for trade.
hoppy

Norfolkbee wrote:It is very sad when other teams are bringing in two, three, sometimes four players, all we Barnet fans have to chew over is the closure of a chicken shop. Somebody on here a couple of weeks ago was doing a sweepstake on when our first signing would be announced and he (jokingly, I assume, said August), but perhaps he's not that far off the mark.
Surely, if the club is looking to sell season tickets, memberships etc, it should be getting its posterior in gear and providing an impetus to get people to purchase them as soon as possible. A couple of announced signings (assuming there are some) would do wonders for trade.
Totally agree.
And also, why are drip-fed the PSFs. I can't believe that they haven't got them all sorted ages ago.
Jerroll told us about the Hampton & Richmond PSF and then, all of a sudden, it was taken off H & R's website before we then announce it days later.
ninestein

We may already have signings agreed, but won't announce them until the players have received their final pay packet at their old club.
Other clubs do announce signings early. That's down to them. Anyone who is paid up and out of contract has no reason to hold back and tell the world.

Personally, I'm happy so long as the players Still wants are in place by the time the squad reports back for pre-season late June/early July.
As for the pre season games, they probably have not been organised well in advance. Talking to Rossi in the bar last summer, he said that the higher league clubs tend to dither a bit more with the likes of us, as they get a lot of friendly requests, then they piece together the ones they want against lower league teams once their own prestigious friendlies and tours are fixed up.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
jerroll

hoppy wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:It is very sad when other teams are bringing in two, three, sometimes four players, all we Barnet fans have to chew over is the closure of a chicken shop. Somebody on here a couple of weeks ago was doing a sweepstake on when our first signing would be announced and he (jokingly, I assume, said August), but perhaps he's not that far off the mark.
Totally agree.
And also, why are drip-fed the PSFs. I can't believe that they haven't got them all sorted ages ago.
Jerroll told us about the Hampton & Richmond PSF and then, all of a sudden, it was taken off H & R's website before we then announce it days later.
I was shot down for commenting about this a couple of weeks ago, hopefully another 3 to come (sat 14 July & midweeks of 9/10 &23/24 July)
John_c

This. We have cocked up the last 2 summers by not getting signings in early. I'm starting to worry we're repeating mistakes again...

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
beew

eastbarnetsupporter wrote:We've now got the best of both worlds.

Still confused to why everyone did try cram into the small bar last season when the legends bar was open (and that's where 70% of Barnet fans sit during the game).
The beer in legends is poor, the serving staff are clueless and that's why people preferred the main bar/restaurant. I suspect there won't be any significant changes to PO other than allowing people to sit and drink at the tables previously reserved for diners. Maybe the real reason might be not to open Legends/West stand until 2pm and save on staff costs on that side.
jerroll

John_c wrote:
This. We have cocked up the last 2 summers by not getting signings in early. I'm starting to worry we're repeating mistakes again...

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
I would say once we have started playing friendlies is the time for concern if no new players have arrived.
Norfolkbee

ninestein wrote:We may already have signings agreed, but won't announce them until the players have received their final pay packet at their old club.
Other clubs do announce signings early. That's down to them. Anyone who is paid up and out of contract has no reason to hold back and tell the world.

Personally, I'm happy so long as the players Still wants are in place by the time the squad reports back for pre-season late June/early July.
As for the pre season games, they probably have not been organised well in advance. Talking to Rossi in the bar last summer, he said that the higher league clubs tend to dither a bit more with the likes of us, as they get a lot of friendly requests, then they piece together the ones they want against lower league teams once their own prestigious friendlies and tours are fixed up.
This is all counter-productive on behalf of the club for the reasons I raised regarding ticket sales and the like. Grab the early initiative and raise the maximum interest.
ninestein

Or you can peak too early like Chesterfield, who announced all those signings, got the fans excited, now they're all moaning that there's no news!
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
MCB

ninestein wrote:Or you can peak too early like Chesterfield, who announced all those signings, got the fans excited, now they're all moaning that there's no news!
Martin Allen's on holiday! Hope Stilly is as well, think Currie's already had his though.
eastbarnetsupporter

beew wrote:

The beer in legends is poor, the serving staff are clueless and that's why people preferred the main bar/restaurant. I suspect there won't be any significant changes to PO other than allowing people to sit and drink at the tables previously reserved for diners. Maybe the real reason might be not to open Legends/West stand until 2pm and save on staff costs on that side.

Fair enough, I've seen how bad it can be at HT. I'll assume TK is aware of the issues.
foxy

beew wrote:

That would be an absolute tradegy if the Grazioli bar did that... the beer is crap but we don't want to all be crammed into the failed chicken shop!
foxy

beew wrote:

That would be an absolute tradegy if the Grazioli bar did that... the beer is crap but we don't want to all be crammed into the failed chicken shop!
hoofer2

ninestein wrote:Or you can peak too early like Chesterfield, who announced all those signings, got the fans excited, now they're all moaning that there's no news!
Let's hope they are the equivalents of Kevin Lisbie and Shaun Batt