e-programmes

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
John Hunt

e-programmes

I have been meaning to suggest this for a while to the club. Word from the oracle at Barnet is that this will be the only option this season. Sad and the end of an era but sensible in my opinion. Environmentally friendly, cost effective, and can be downloaded hopefully in advance to read on the trip to the Hive. Hopefully will be the same for some away teams.

Instead of having a programme as a souvenir of a new ground a selfie will have to suffice.
Last edited by John Hunt on 03 Aug 2018, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
ccollis_869

Re: e-programmes

WHAT?!?! Am I reading this right that there will be no programmes on sale around the ground!
LoudmouthBFC

ccollis_869 wrote:WHAT?!?! Am I reading this right that there will be no programmes on sale around the ground!
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (8.45 KiB) Viewed 13059 times
ccollis_869

Fuck the trees! i want my programme!
LoudmouthBFC

ccollis_869 wrote:Fuck the trees! i want my programme!
Attachments
Yeah-Fuck-You-Too-Funny-Tree-Meme-Picture.jpg
Yeah-Fuck-You-Too-Funny-Tree-Meme-Picture.jpg (62.71 KiB) Viewed 13036 times
becbee

When the subject of clubs being allowed to stop producing paper match day programmes made the news, I recall reading that this applied to EFL clubs only and that NL clubs would be obliged to continue as previously.
DerekRocholl

hendon4bee wrote:I have been meaning to suggest this for a while to the club. Word from the oracle at Barnet is that this will be the only option this season. Sad and the end of an era but sensible in my opinion. Environmentally friend, cost effective, and can be downloaded hopefully in advance to read on the trip to the Hive. Hopefully will be the same for some away teams.

Instead of having a programme as a souvenir of a new ground a selfie will have to suffice.
This is a poor idea - if they have to go down this route they should print and sell single page team sheet style programmes with an AR link to online material for those who want it.
Bees1888

:sad: :sad: :sad: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Again - why is it you all have something to moan about?

It's not happened yet, and 90% of you will most likely like this idea. It's a good idea, as agreed environmental friendly!!!
Can we not just support the club for once in a positive manner without the negative nonsense?!!?!?
jerroll

Bees1888 wrote::sad: :sad: :sad: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

It's not happened yet, and 90% of you will most likely like this idea. It's a good idea, as agreed environmental friendly!!!
Can we not just support the club for once in a positive manner without the negative nonsense?!!?!?
Fortunately we don't live in a communist state and people have the freedom have their own opinions!!
ccollis_869

I very rarely moan in all fairness, but this is a key thing I enjoy about going to football and if/when (because let’s face it it will happen eventually all over football) I will genuinely miss it a lot.

I’m sure you have things not relating to the game that you enjoy about going to football, if the club removed that I’m sure you’d be against the idea
DerekRocholl

It's an idea that would if implemented further diminish by a small amount the experience of following the club when better options exist. There is nothing environmentally friendly about it, using paper produced sustainably supports forestry which helps the environment.

The positive way to respond to the club is by giving them some feed back on the idea before they take a decision which won't have a positive outcome for them.

Your approach isn't supporting the club, it just encourages the club to pursue a direction from which it achieves a sub optimal outcome.
alexbach

Hiveoccupier wrote:

It's an idea that would if implemented further diminish by a small amount the experience of following the club when better options exist. There is nothing environmentally friendly about it, using paper produced sustainably supports forestry which helps the environment.

The positive way to respond to the club is by giving them some feed back on the idea before they take a decision which won't have a positive outcome for them.

Your approach isn't supporting the club, it just encourages the club to pursue a direction from which it achieves a sub optimal outcome.
Have.written column for Braintree notes fir Eastleigh almost.complete

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk
DerekRocholl

alexbach wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:

Hopefully you have given the editor enough time to correct all the spelling, grammar and punctuation errors. ! :whistle:
John_c

Hiveoccupier wrote:
alexbach wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:

Hopefully you have given the editor enough time to correct all the spelling, grammar and punctuation errors. ! :whistle:
Do I detect some rancour with Alex? ImageImage

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
barnetpete

E-programmes have to be the way forward. Current programmes are made for a smaller and smaller number of people. Programmes were great prior to internet/twitter/social media. Now we have news on tap, videos etc programmes are an old school thing. Keep the premise via an e- programme to allow those who wish to write write.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,