Dover (a) The Match Thread With a Shrine for Ricky Modeste

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BEEGONE

Re: Dover (a) The Match Thread With a Shrine for Ricky Modes

Good to get 3 points against another relegation fodder team.

Great to see young lad score again, much stiffer tests to come though.
BeesKnees99

BEEGONE wrote:Good to get 3 points against another relegation fodder team.

Even when you’re positive, you’re negative Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GenkiDev

Confitmation 9f our win is the fact this thread is only just 5 pages long.

Congrats on 9 from 9. Lets hope the results keep coming.
aclassman

First game of the season that I've attended.
Didn't know what to expect after what I've read on this forum.
Pleasently surprised. OK it wasn't brilliant or very good but it wasn't as bad as what I was expecting either.
Thought we let them back into the game but didn't see any player looking like the weakest link in the team and on the whole it was a good team effort.
Probably never see Barnet play that great football like when we had freedman divine hodges etc or a Gary bull but a good team effort to get the three points.
UnderhillStackSave

BEEGONE wrote:Good to get 3 points against another relegation fodder team.

Get this man a Bacardi Breezer, some happy pills and a sense of humour
mcleod23

Pina Colada type of man is Beegone.

Scrappy first half, we didn't really have to do much to be in front. Great hit from Barham assisted by Bryon and then flip reverse for the second.

Second half we let them come back into it and looked happy to soak up pressure. Got better after they scored and pushed up the pitch a little. Walker sub helped, holding onto the ball up top.

Midfield still looks weak. Need reinforcements in there now. Will get overrun when the better teams come along.
UnderhillStackSave

mcleod23 wrote:Pina Colada type of man is Beegone.

Scrappy first half, we didn't really have to do much to be in front. Great hit from Barham assisted by Bryon and then flip reverse for the second.

Second half we let them come back into it and looked happy to soak up pressure. Got better after they scored and pushed up the pitch a little. Walker sub helped, holding onto the ball up top.

Midfield still looks weak. Need reinforcements in there now. Will get overrun when the better teams come along.
fair assessment, who would you change in the midfield 3? what are your thoughts on the 352 system we are playing?
Psycho

GenkiDev wrote:Confitmation 9f our win is the fact this thread is only just 5 pages long.

Congrats on 9 from 9. Lets hope the results keep coming.
All our defeats have been heavy or deserved (1-2 Eastleigh, 0-2 Harrogate, 0-3 Ebbsfleet).

All our wins have been by the skin of our teeth (1-0 Chesterfield, 2-1 Dagenham, 2-1 Dover).

Until we win a game three or four nil, we're not going to worry the leading sides. The goal difference could come back to haunt us like last season if we have any aspirations of going straight back up...........

But we are moving in the right direction.
#Beebot

I think we definitely need to rotate for Tuesday. I suspect tiredness may have been a factor in us letting them back in after half time.
mcleod23

UnderhillStackSave wrote:

fair assessment, who would you change in the midfield 3? what are your thoughts on the 352 system we are playing?
Replacement for Fonguck. An older head who can guide us through games like today when we're not doing one or other. 352 suits Tutonda and Alexander and that looks to be our biggest threat. For me the system, doesn't rely on the three being great in the middle as the two wing backs are getting forward into those midfield areas.

We're getting through games with a scratch side. 1 in at CB and 1 in CM would give us something more until the crocked players are back.
mcleod23

#Beebot wrote:I think we definitely need to rotate for Tuesday. I suspect tiredness may have been a factor in us letting them back in after half time.
Isn't much to rotate with!!!
UnderhillStackSave

mcleod23 wrote:
UnderhillStackSave wrote:

Replacement for Fonguck. An older head who can guide us through games like today when we're not doing one or other. 352 suits Tutonda and Alexander and that looks to be our biggest threat. For me the system, doesn't rely on the three being great in the middle as the two wing backs are getting forward into those midfield areas.

We're getting through games with a scratch side. 1 in at CB and 1 in CM would give us something more until the crocked players are back.
what would your solution be to replace Fonguck, if Andre came in would Adams and him sit to deep together? Taylor and Fonguck have provided energy to get into the box and goal scoring positions, they have legs and drive forward and also an understanding.

agreed with the wing backs, its great to have their legs and pace. Plus the partnership between harrison and Barham up front is starting to show peomise
#Beebot

mcleod23 wrote:
#Beebot wrote:I think we definitely need to rotate for Tuesday. I suspect tiredness may have been a factor in us letting them back in after half time.
Isn't much to rotate with!!!
Shaq? There's no reason why Walker, Shomotun, Sule, EMC can't be made use of.
Jon83

Still wasn’t on the touchline for all of the 2nd half and wasn’t on the pitch at the end. He also didn’t do the post match interview....

Good first half performance. I think Barham and Tutonda coming into the side has energised the team and the change of formation hides our weaknesses in the middle of the park.

Harrison is coming along nicely... put away a simple header after a nice pull back from Barham. Set up Barham for the first which was a lovely finish.

Dover were not that great. You beat what’s in front of you! It’s a tough league. As long as we finish in the top 7 to give ourself a shot at promotion I’ll be happy.
foxy

Jon83 wrote:Still wasn’t on the touchline for all of the 2nd half and wasn’t on the pitch at the end. He also didn’t do the post match interview....
Yes did notice no sign of Still in the 2nd half - Hope he is ok