Maidenhead (THL) The Match Thread which maid some noise

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
letchbee94

Re: Maidenhead (THL) The Match Thread which maid some noise

Good that we seeing different scorers every week in the team.
EMC is impressing more in the small times he is playing for us this season.
Orient have yet to lose, can we be the first team to beat them?
dpa

My random thoughts for the day.

It frustrates me when we don't leave a man up field when defending a corner - lets be honest, is a 50/50 chance you will win the ball from a corner and having no man up the pitch just resorts in more pressure being applied as the ball comes back in. I just don't understand the thought process here from JS.

I thought Walker had a great game and gave their defence loads of problems - despite being sick!

Harrison played well. Starting to like him and what he brings to the team. His Pen was a mare....shame.

Wes had a shocker in my opinion. I now know he was ill however every time he got the ball he then needed an additional touch to control the ball and lost possession more times that I can remember. I cant blame him though cos he was clearly not fit.

The crowd was lower than I expected now that everyone is back from Holiday.

I do worry about our fragilities and think Orient will be a very tough test.
barnetpete

Well done to the team, JS and DC for the vast improvements over the last few weeks. Finally we look like a team, playing for each other, working hard, with plan of action.

Think it is easy for people to forget that on Saturday we were without both Tutonda and Barham, two players instrumental in the change in fortune over the 5 games. The depleted side are picking up points, get those two back plus hopefully a couple of others and we can only get better. The key thing is continuing to pick up points even if not playing great. Remember we had to have 2 16 year olds on the bench due to shortage of players.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
MCB

Payne
Box
Johnson
Taylor
Fonguck
Mason-Clark
Kyei

7 youth teamers involved as well, and another on the bench unused.

Must be close to a record. AND what our youth structure is all about.

Not forgetting Vilhete and H Taylor may well have been involved in fit.
Tuesds

MCB wrote:Payne
Box
Johnson
Taylor
Fonguck
Mason-Clark
Kyei

7 youth teamers involved as well, and another on the bench unused.

Must be close to a record. AND what our youth structure is all about.

Not forgetting Vilhete and H Taylor may well have been involved in fit.
Yep, a team choc-full of youth team products pointing the way to the future, and a victory savoured and shared with the fans at the end by a modern great of Barnet FC in Darren Currie. All added to a proper 'Barnet' feel to the afternoon for me*, with the 5th win in 5 obviously helping!

*Yes, I know that would be helped if these matches actually took place in Barnet. Perhaps that's why instances like these matter so much...
_ABeeSee_

Does anyone know what happened to the highlights show that was on Freesports? I had it set on my box as a series link, and watched it the first few weeks of the season, but it hasn't shown up for a few weeks now. Sorry if I've missed this mentioned elsewhere.
We're gonna piss this tin pot league
#Beebot

_ABeeSee_ wrote:Does anyone know what happened to the highlights show that was on Freesports? I had it set on my box as a series link, and watched it the first few weeks of the season, but it hasn't shown up for a few weeks now. Sorry if I've missed this mentioned elsewhere.
It's still there, has been on at 6pm on Mondays the last couple of weeks. I need to record each one individually though, Freesports is such a low budget channel that they don't have series link enabled.

Regardless, BT upload the highlights show to YouTube each week anyway.
_ABeeSee_

#Beebot wrote:
_ABeeSee_ wrote:Does anyone know what happened to the highlights show that was on Freesports? I had it set on my box as a series link, and watched it the first few weeks of the season, but it hasn't shown up for a few weeks now. Sorry if I've missed this mentioned elsewhere.
It's still there, has been on at 6pm on Mondays the last couple of weeks. I need to record each one individually though, Freesports is such a low budget channel that they don't have series link enabled.

Regardless, BT upload the highlights show to YouTube each week anyway.
Ah thanks Beebot. I assumed that series link was down to the box, rather than the channel. Will catch up on the net, ta.
We're gonna piss this tin pot league