Macclesfield V Barnet

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
wearebees

Re: Macclesfield V Barnet

The main site describes Uddin and Devera as 'superb', which is great to read (so pleased JD is back in his only decent position, hopefully he is getting his confidence back and can keep it up). Can anyone at the game say how Kamdjo played at right back?
jerroll

Clovis was fine yesterday but Macclesfield are essentially a long ball team who do not play with great width so having a centreback at right back was less of an issue. Devera looks like a footballer again now he is playing centreback but the week link at the back was again Parkes who is just not upto it defensively. With PF's reputation for converting players I would not be surprised to see him try Parkes as a wide midfielder if he can find someone decent to play at left back. The bench yesterday was shocking and it is no surprise that PF did not make any changes. On the whole it was a horrible game to watch but a point gained- only another 26 to go!!
squeeze90

I agree about moving Parkes to a wide midfield role. Hes fantastic getting forward, especially when linking up with Marshall, Parkes will always find Marshall, no matter what sort of position they both find themselves in. Maybe PF will put Leach in at left back when he returns in a couple of weeks.

I'm not sure how Dennehy will get on with trying to get back into the side when hes fit. Uddin and Devera were outstanding yesterday. Don't let the possession stats and the number of shots Macclesfield got at goal yesterday, because the two centre backs got their heads on every long ball and even managed to find a player in white and green - a vastly improved defence performance!
jamiefrbees

Great to hear that Uddin and Devera had great games but looking at the BBC highlights the Macc chances show some laxness on their behalf. The way the guy got through on goal for their last chance of the game and also their early chance when they missed from about a yard out facing the goal square on... :s

Still, clearly a big improvement.
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
MCB

buzzinbee wrote:O'Brien
Kamdjo Devera Uddin Parkes
Southall Hughes Jarvis Marshall
Fraser
McLeod

That's the line up, but I'm assuming the formation. Cole & Dunleavy on the bench.
Honestly can't remember Southall and only vague memories of Jarvis.

I'd honestly prefer our current team.
rudebwoyben

Erm...Fraser playing as an attacking midfielder supporting McLeod :?: :laugh: ..
That is an abomination of a team.
MCB

Oh god, I remember now. Glen Southall. Rossi Jarvis. Tommy Fraser. in one midfield.

But Mark Hughes was playing as well.

Oh god, cold sweats.
#Beebot

That 2010-11 team under Stimson really was dreadful. McLeod and Kabba (when fit) was a great strike partnership, but the entire defence and midfield (Devera and Marshall apart) was barely NL standard. Can't believe we stayed up that year.
MCB

#Beebot wrote:That 2010-11 team under Stimson really was dreadful. McLeod and Kabba (when fit) was a great strike partnership, but the entire defence and midfield (Devera and Marshall apart) was barely NL standard. Can't believe we stayed up that year.
Reece York and Charlie Stimson on the bench ready to make all the difference....we also had Charlie Taylor that season.

Anyway, reason we have stayed up -

(G) L O'Brien
2 (D) J Devera
6 (D) A Uddin
3 (M) J Parkes
4 (M) M Hughes
7 (M) R Jarvis
8 (M) G Southam
20 (M) M Marshall
21 (M) C Kamdjo
28 (M) T Fraser
23 (F) I McLeod

Team that started the last game vs Port Vale:

S Walker (G) 34
J Devera (D) 2
D Leach (D) 22
J Parkes (M) 3
M Hughes (M) 4
S Deering (M) 10
M Marshall (M) 20
C Kamdjo (M) 21
(89) M Byrne (M) 31
(84) I McLeod (F) 23
J Midson (F) 32

Only Devera, Parkes, Hughes, Kamdjo and McLeod played both games.
hoppy

What's happened to ShankBee?
He used to be a prolific poster on this Forum but no posts for some time now.
jerroll

MCB wrote:
Fraser
McLeod

That's the line up, but I'm assuming the formation. Cole & Dunleavy on the bench.

No such player called southall, it was Glen Southam!
MCB

jerroll wrote:
MCB wrote:
Fraser
McLeod

Ah yes. Fair to say he wasn't the most memorable!
letchbee94

#Beebot wrote:That 2010-11 team under Stimson really was dreadful. McLeod and Kabba (when fit) was a great strike partnership, but the entire defence and midfield (Devera and Marshall apart) was barely NL standard. Can't believe we stayed up that year.
Combination of Lincoln winless run of form and Martin Allen coming in to put a spark and buzz back in the club.
djhdjh

MCB wrote:
jerroll wrote:
MCB wrote:
Fraser
McLeod

Ah yes. Fair to say he wasn't the most memorable!
Fans loved him at the time because he clearly hated the other players as much as most of us did. Was always screaming at someone after we conceded yet another goal.
ninestein

Compare that side to what we have now. No contest. We may be a division lower but there is more raw talent in this current squad, and a manager with his head screwed on.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!