Stockport (Hive) The Match Thread Helped by the Halifax

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Re: Stockport (Hive) The Match Thread Helped by the Halifax

Harrison was amusingly bad today. Seems to struggle with his fitness and only look competent when 100%.

Elito looked alright when he came on.

Same problems but some positives. Robson looked good in midfield Sweeney dominated the skies.

A good workmanlike win in a banana skin fixture.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Masuka

Sweens was immense today. Just needs to work on being consistent.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
b4life

It is quite unfathomable how a manager with Still's experience cannot see the bleedin obvious with Harrison esp when you have Duku, Barham and Coulthirst on your squad.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Bee_Forever

Barham is at Bromley! Agree with your point though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
becbee

Yes but Barham is only at Bromley because JS sent him there.
I spent over half of yesterday's match convinced that he was waiting for Stockport to equalise then he'd bring on Duku and /or Bettamer.
mcleod23

Duku needs to start, he's our best striker and showed that at Hartlepool. He's just a bit more mobile than Harrison and seems to create chances for himself out of nothing.

Sparkes is also not the answer but took his goal well.

Be interesting when Tutonda and Jules are back fit. I think that makes us hugely stronger (Tutonda is now back fit may I add).
hoppy

It seems JS will give preference to the players he has signed over the players who were here before he became our manager.
talldarkslim

Praying for a premiership side away tonight. The windfall might enable us to get some better players rather than this mid table non league nonsense.
#Beebot

talldarkslim wrote:Praying for a premiership side away tonight. The windfall might enable us to get some better players rather than this mid table non league nonsense.
Still has already spent the budget. I don't think new players will change anything, it's the team selections and tactics that are the problem.
UnderhillStackSave

So happy to be in the third round draw. Please Please Please Man United next round.

I thought Sparkes was good yesterday and took his goal well, Robson looked really comfortable in in midfield. The two centre backs in Sweeney and Reynolds were immense. I do wonder if we will stick with 4-3-3.
rudebwoyben

I actually think that we have a squad good enough to make the play-offs, although maybe not the top 3 and that it's Still's selections and tactics that are making us less than the sum of our parts.
alexbach

ah........ what a positive load of feedback for reaching third round
all it is missing is the customary barnet til doomsday swearing, ABUSE and writing in CAPITALS cos they mean it man
humbug :laugh:
wearebees

Fair play to Stockport fans though they are starting to sound a bit like Bristol Rovers on twitter boasting and going on about their numbers, complaining the figure given is less than they sold (it wasn't). Plus did anyone else see an orange seat fly onto the pitch, onto the top of the goalmouth? Some of their fans (small minority) were mental, but on the whole top support the whole game and it was great to have an atmosphere at the Hive.

P.S third round here we come. Please let's get a good draw.
Mickbee

wearebees wrote:Fair play to Stockport fans though they are starting to sound a bit like Bristol Rovers on twitter boasting and going on about their numbers, complaining the figure given is less than they sold (it wasn't). Plus did anyone else see an orange seat fly onto the pitch, onto the top of the goalmouth? Some of their fans (small minority) were mental, but on the whole top support the whole game and it was great to have an atmosphere at the Hive.

Yes I saw the seat come down, luckily it landed on the next and not a player. You always get a few idiots in a big crowd.
rudebwoyben

wearebees wrote:Fair play to Stockport fans though they are starting to sound a bit like Bristol Rovers on twitter boasting and going on about their numbers, complaining the figure given is less than they sold (it wasn't). Plus did anyone else see an orange seat fly onto the pitch, onto the top of the goalmouth? Some of their fans (small minority) were mental, but on the whole top support the whole game and it was great to have an atmosphere at the Hive.

I just saw that. They come across as a bunch of precious obsessives. Notwithstanding the front 4 rows of the North Stand being cordoned off, I saw plenty of pockets of empty seats elsewhere in the stand.