Legends Bar

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
StephenM

Re: Legends Bar

Agewills wrote:Imagine what'll happen if we draw a big Prem team at home in the cup and have a sell-out crowd!
How was it against Chesterfield last season, I imagine it'll be the same as that.
fordybarnet

Four Weddings and a Fuck-up, and we'll all get frisked on the way out !
gowerfan

Yes very diappointing. Pointless advertising double pint for £7 if you can't serve them. The club must be losing so much revenue. Please please now that there is more space can we have some barriers constructed (snake queue) like they have at other grounds so that we can form orderly queues and give the bar staff some chance of serving the drinks properly. So simple.

I chatted with one guy who said he left the match ten minutes before half time and he was still waiting to be served 20 minutes later. Most just give up. Also can we please have a liitle more light whne this is eventually sorted.

Goodness knows what it must have been like in Club 66 for the Stockport supporters. Hopefully it was better.
hoppy

gowerfan wrote:Yes very diappointing. Pointless advertising double pint for £7 if you can't serve them. The club must be losing so much revenue. Please please now that there is more space can we have some barriers constructed (snake queue) like they have at other grounds so that we can form orderly queues and give the bar staff some chance of serving the drinks properly. So simple.

I chatted with one guy who said he left the match ten minutes before half time and he was still waiting to be served 20 minutes later. Most just give up. Also can we please have a liitle more light whne this is eventually sorted.

Goodness knows what it must have been like in Club 66 for the Stockport supporters. Hopefully it was better.
Looking at the Stockport fans message board they were very scathing in their comments about the beer, the food and most of all the service.
I just hope that TK reads their comments.
barnetjohn

Have to agree with the original post. I went down at half time, and as usual, gave up trying to get a pint because it was four deep at the bar, no pints pre-poured, and not enough staff on.By the time you've got served you've only got about 5 minutes to finish your pint. It's just not worth the money if you basically have to gulp it down or miss the match.

Sadly, it's the same every flipping week. And it is so simple to solve. Just pre-pour your pints. The club can easily forecast demand for beer by looking at past data on beer sales for each game, and how it correlates with number of tickets sold. In fact, if they send me a spreadsheet with the data- I'll do the chuffing forecast for them. It's not hard.

Other thing they can do is to get bottled beer- that'd be easier to pour than cask stuff, wouldn't go off, or taste stale, and could allow the club to stock a much bigger variety of beer. I suggested it earlier this year in the "Ask the Chairman" thread and it got fobbed off.

The refurbishment has dragged on and on. Hopefully it'll look decent when finally finished.
barnetjohn

Have to agree with the original post. I went down at half time, and as usual, gave up trying to get a pint because it was four deep at the bar, no pints pre-poured, and not enough staff on.By the time you've got served you've only got about 5 minutes to finish your pint. It's just not worth the money if you basically have to gulp it down or miss the match.

Sadly, it's the same every flipping week. And it is so simple to solve. Just pre-pour your pints. The club can easily forecast demand for beer by looking at past data on beer sales for each game, and how it correlates with number of tickets sold. In fact, if they send me a spreadsheet with the data- I'll do the chuffing forecast for them. It's not hard.

Other thing they can do is to get bottled beer- that'd be easier to pour than cask stuff, wouldn't go off, or taste stale, and could allow the club to stock a much bigger variety of beer. I suggested it earlier this year in the "Ask the Chairman" thread and it got fobbed off.

The refurbishment has dragged on and on. Hopefully it'll look decent when finally finished.
Masuka

Pre-pouring pints would make a huge difference, however they would be pre-poured pints of foam.

Knowing TK if we started doing bottles he would keep them the same price as a pint.

I hope with all that space opened up with this hideous refurb, we can get a snake queue going which would also help speed things up.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
hoppy

Like many others I gave stopped drinking at The Hive. The beer is awful and the bar staff inexperienced (I could have used another word but I'm in a good mood today).
TK really does need to sort this out once and for all. It's not rocket science.
So TK, repeat after me....GOOD BEER, DECENT STAFF....GOOD BEER, DECENT STAFF...
MCB

May I use Harrogate as a shining example?

Their own beer, friendly staff, quickly served.
StephenM

barnetjohn wrote: The club can easily forecast demand for beer by looking at past data on beer sales for each game, and how it correlates with number of tickets sold.
They'd need to get their forecast figure and multiply by 4 due to the numbers that give up because they aren't likely to get served currently.