Ebbsfleet Intl. (A) The Hatch, Rats and Plutocrats Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Ebbsfleet Intl. (A) The Hatch, Rats and Plutocrats Thread

So.... Saturday sees the bees return to the normality of the bananarama national league after the excitement of the FA Cup.

With Ebbsfleet's owner able to afford spanking new facilities but apparently not to pay his players or the taxman, these, as ever, are turbulent times at Gravesend and Northfleet.

Gravesend is memorable for giving us the legend that was Liam Hatch, and as Reckless has said, it also gave us the hilarious site of the Gravesend rat scuttling around the dilapidated terraces.

Although Barnet overcame the challenge of Stockport, eventually, this will prove to be another tricky fixture away from the mausoleum. The hope is that our excellent away form will see us through. In terms of team lineup I quite liked the formation In terms of how it made use of our better players, but I would be minded to tweak it slightly.

------------------------Matrevics-------------------------

---Adams-------Reynolds------Sweeney----Johnson--

-------------Taylor--------Robson--------Fonguck-------

----Coulthirst------------------Duku--------------Sparkes---

Subs: Cousins, Alexander, Baby Shark, Bettamer,Walker

I think Harrison needs time out on loan at a North/South outfit to get himself fit as what we got last week was the shadow of the player we saw before his injury.

Doing this one via percy bus to Rochester. Looking forward to a fun day out and a rat burger at the ground.
Norfolkbee

Re: Ebbsfleet Intl. (A) The Hatch, Rats and Plutocrats Threa

Indelible memories of past visits to Ebbsfleet/Gravesend:
1. Greg Pearson's late late equaliser
2. Mad Dog keeping the players out on the pitch when losing 1-0 at half-time. Certainly had the desired effect.
3. Frazer Toms' sickening injury
4. Rats on the terraces!
MCB

He's only 36, surely he can still do a job?

In other news Simeon Akinola played 75 minutes for us in an undisclosed game yesterday... inching closer to having an iota of flair in the squad!

Also, just because his icon status doesn't get recognised enough:

Norfolk & Chance

Great photos.
My best memory of this Bees legend is at Rushden and Diamonds when he scored the goal that kept us up. (Well not really but we didn't know that at the time and we celebrated as if it did). Fantastic away support that day.
barnetpete

Bee_Forever wrote: it also gave us the hilarious site of the Gravesend rat scuttling around the dilapidated terraces.

Arrr the closest I ever got to being thrown out of a football ground, probably not helped that it was also one of the most inebriated I have ever been at a game. :oooops:
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
hoppy

Bee_forever, Matrevics will get his chance in the Bath game. But will you put him in YOUR team? The next seven days is going to go so slowly!
ninestein

barnetpete wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote: it also gave us the hilarious site of the Gravesend rat scuttling around the dilapidated terraces.

Arrr the closest I ever got to being thrown out of a football ground, probably not helped that it was also one of the most inebriated I have ever been at a game. :oooops:
A hilarious sideshow to the game itself Pete. I remember it well. In addition to 'rat-gate' Gravesend threw up some interesting away day memories.
Last edited by ninestein on 05 Dec 2018, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Psycho

Can't remember why but I got some terrible stick the last time we played there in our Conference winning season of 2004/05 at around the same time of year - a 3-1 win.

Jeff Searle's HYDA review of away games in the first half of that season brings back some great memories.

Gravesend matches Luton in terms of tourism but the nuclear plant nearby will be a nice view in the first half. :shock:
letchbee94

That game in 2004/5 season was brilliant, 1-0 down at H/T and we got 3 quick goals in the second half, what made it even better was news coming through that Carlisle lost as well meaning we extended our lead even more at top of league.
letchbee94

Psycho wrote:Can't remember why but I got some terrible stick the last time we played there in our Conference winning season of 2004/05 at around the same time of year - a 3-1 win.

Jeff Searle's HYDA review of away games in the first half of that season brings back some great memories.

Gravesend matches Luton in terms of tourism but the nuclear plant nearby will be a nice view in the first half. :shock:
Is that web site still around Andy?
becbee

letchbee94 wrote:That game in 2004/5 season was brilliant, 1-0 down at H/T and we got 3 quick goals in the second half, what made it even better was news coming through that Carlisle lost as well meaning we extended our lead even more at top of league.
I always remember that match for the fact that all 4 goals were scored at the far end of the pitch and that it was barely possible to see much once the ball crossed the half way line.

I'm just hoping for a far better performance than the one we mustered against them at The Hive in August. We were so awful that day.
john dockers shorts

I remember seeing the rat jump out of the bin
shankbee01

MCB wrote:Image

He's only 36, surely he can still do a job?

In other news Simeon Akinola played 75 minutes for us in an undisclosed game yesterday... inching closer to having an iota of flair in the squad!

Also, just because his icon status doesn't get recognised enough:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reckless

That shirt Liam is wearing at the PoY in 2004? was ridiculed and rightly so by all the players. Liam used to buy and sell his clothes from EBay and I do believe that is one of the shirts that Graz or certainly one of the lads bought anoyomously and one of the squad turned up at training wearing it.
Psycho

letchbee94 wrote:
Psycho wrote:Can't remember why but I got some terrible stick the last time we played there in our Conference winning season of 2004/05 at around the same time of year - a 3-1 win.

Is that web site still around Andy?
It seems to have vanished since a couple of months ago. I don't know why as they were brilliantly written. My favourite season of following the Bees. Some great characters around, Tone the bone, Fred, Ross, Dazza - I miss them all. :*(: