FA cup 3rd round

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
john dockers shorts

Re: FA cup 3rd round

As long as its not a Friday night that would be pants. I'd still go but I'm sure it would hit our numbers
ninestein

So we are one of 2 guaranteed non league sides in the draw, yet the broadcasters pick games where replays still need to take place, in the hope that more non league sides get through and take on the Premier League. I guess even if they don't make it, the prospect of L2 vs Prem is still an interesting one. But what is it going to take for us to get some national BBC coverage?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
PaulGoldie

ninestein wrote:So we are one of 2 guaranteed non league sides in the draw, yet the broadcasters pick games where replays still need to take place, in the hope that more non league sides get through and take on the Premier League. I guess even if they don't make it, the prospect of L2 vs Prem is still an interesting one. But what is it going to take for us to get some national BBC coverage?
We will need to relocate again, but this time to Manchester!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
barnetpete

PaulGoldie wrote:
You'll offend the people of Salford, who will remind you they are a separate city!
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
hoofer2

PaulGoldie wrote:
ninestein wrote:So we are one of 2 guaranteed non league sides in the draw, yet the broadcasters pick games where replays still need to take place, in the hope that more non league sides get through and take on the Premier League. I guess even if they don't make it, the prospect of L2 vs Prem is still an interesting one. But what is it going to take for us to get some national BBC coverage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salford?
becbee

To be fair, if Sheffield Utd were home to Southport / Tranmere or Blckpool / Solihull, it wouldn't have been chosen by BBC. Had we been home to Spurs or Arsenal, it would.
If we somehow get a draw at Sheffield Utd, I'd expect the replay to be on TV. But as it is, Sheffield Utd v Barnet looks to be a home banker and as such, of minimal interest.
SW12 to S18

Blades fan here, we are still waiting for S Y plod to decide whether they can manage to police two games in the fourth largest city in the country on the same day. I’m guessing there won’t be huge numbers of fans attracted to either game but as usual they are dithering.
Both Sheffield clubs have managed to play at home on the same day in the past but over the last few years we’ve had so much over policing it’s becoming a pain in the back side.
I was hoping for an away match at a club I’d not been to before so would have preferred to have been coming to your place so a draw wouldn’t be so bad for me.
Hope you bring plenty of support, there are some decent pubs in the city, particularly if you like real ale.
Enjoy your day but not after 3pm or whenever.
SW12 to S18

Blades fan here, we are still waiting for S Y plod to decide whether they can manage to police two games in the fourth largest city in the country on the same day. I’m guessing there won’t be huge numbers of fans attracted to either game but as usual they are dithering.
Both Sheffield clubs have managed to play at home on the same day in the past but over the last few years we’ve had so much over policing it’s becoming a pain in the back side.
I was hoping for an away match at a club I’d not been to before so would have preferred to have been coming to your place so a draw wouldn’t be so bad for me.
Hope you bring plenty of support, there are some decent pubs in the city, particularly if you like real ale.
jerroll

SW12 to S18 wrote:Blades fan here, we are still waiting for S Y plod to decide whether they can manage to police two games in the fourth largest city in the country on the same day. I’m guessing there won’t be huge numbers of fans attracted to either game but as usual they are dithering.
Thanks for the info, can you remember the last time both of you were home which team had to change to an alternate day?
hoppy

SW12 to S18 wrote:Blades fan here, we are still waiting for S Y plod to decide whether they can manage to police two games in the fourth largest city in the country on the same day. I’m guessing there won’t be huge numbers of fans attracted to either game but as usual they are dithering.
There's not a lot if love lost between Barnet ans Luton fans so I can't imagine the well-informed British Rail police will want both sets of fans at Sheffield station and possibly travelling on the same trains.
CrawleyBee

hoppy wrote:
There's not a lot if love lost between Barnet ans Luton fans so I can't imagine the well-informed British Rail police will want both sets of fans at Sheffield station and possibly travelling on the same trains.
when has there been any issues between us and Luton? can't say i have ever seen this.
Formerly Watfordbee
hoppy

watfordbee wrote:
hoppy wrote:
when has there been any issues between us and Luton? can't say i have ever seen this.
Well, I don't like them.
MCB

hoppy wrote:
watfordbee wrote:
Well, I don't like them.
They are twats and likely to kick off. Best to avoid. Also don't want them clogging up the cheap trains.
SW12 to S18

jerroll wrote:
Thanks for the info, can you remember the last time both of you were home which team had to change to an alternate day?
We’ve had a bit of a debate on our forum and we think the last time we were both at home on the same day was 2005. We played Villa and they played Swindon.
I suppose the main concern, as pointed out by others on here might be the train issue. Both you and Luton heading for similar trains at the same time. Your fans will be on the Pancras trains but not sure how many London trains stop at Luton these days so you might just have to share trains.
Best idea would be to stop over in Sheffield and have a good night out.
jerroll

Thanks, probably not the worst idea ever especially if our game is on the sunday!