Ebbsfleet Intl. (A) The Hatch, Rats and Plutocrats Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Psycho

Re: Ebbsfleet Intl. (A) The Hatch, Rats and Plutocrats Threa

letchbee94 wrote:That game in 2004/5 season was brilliant, 1-0 down at H/T and we got 3 quick goals in the second half, what made it even better was news coming through that Carlisle lost as well meaning we extended our lead even more at top of league.
"Hello, hooray! It's such a nice day for Matty Redmile, Matty Redmile!" :D

Tamworth beat Carlisle 1-0 at home with the legend scoring the winner. I think we went TEN points clear! One of the highlights of the season.
mcleod23

How many are going tomorrow then? Should expect a fair few given its close proximity.
barnetpete

Psycho wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:
Psycho wrote:Can't remember why but I got some terrible stick the last time we played there in our Conference winning season of 2004/05 at around the same time of year - a 3-1 win.

Jeff Searle's HYDA review of away games in the first half of that season brings back some great memories.

Gravesend matches Luton in terms of tourism but the nuclear plant nearby will be a nice view in the first half. :shock:
Is that web site still around Andy?
It seems to have vanished since a couple of months ago.
Can still be found via a link on the BFCSA web pages (which only Barnet host)

https://www.freewebs.com/hyda/

Pictures of that night in the weavers are quality. That whole day is probably my highlight of being a bees fan.

Anyone reckon getting that squad back together for a Q&A evening might be a good idea??? Oh hang on....news coming very soon :....: Get the 11th April 2019 in your diaries folks!
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Reckless

And there was i expecting Pete to tell us all again how at that game he was the most inebriated he has ever been at a match. Although we have phone footage of his torrent of foul language and dancing on a train back from Lincoln. Kids can't hold it.....
letchbee94

Psycho wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:That game in 2004/5 season was brilliant, 1-0 down at H/T and we got 3 quick goals in the second half, what made it even better was news coming through that Carlisle lost as well meaning we extended our lead even more at top of league.
"Hello, hooray! It's such a nice day for Matty Redmile, Matty Redmile!" :D

Tamworth beat Carlisle 1-0 at home with the legend scoring the winner. I think we went TEN points clear! One of the highlights of the season.
That was right, well remembered, good days them.
Psycho

Really looking forward to today. A bread-and-butter Saturday afternoon game where we need to get back into league action and seeing Basil the Rat from Fawlty Towers.

F@$k you, South Yorkshire OB. Or possibly the BBC.
Masuka

Nice little away day. Looking forward to this one. Good luck to the boysssss
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
BeesKnees99

mcleod23 wrote:How many are going tomorrow then? Should expect a fair few given its close proximity.
I’d love 400-500, but in all likelihood 300 or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
king45bee

Nice Saturday game had to check had right day as so unusual last few weeks. Will be a tough game can't be any worse than home leg which was probably worse performance so far. Strong squad would assume for today given fa trophy next week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
ninestein

FA Trophy aside, we've got a nice little batch of league fixtures to get our teeth into. The squad is getting fitter and stronger by the week. We could do with a nice little unbeaten run to close the gap between us and 7th place. If we can get that gap down to 4 by the New Year and the cup game, we're nicely set up for the 2nd half of the season.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
king45bee

Would be good to see one of the strikers at least scoring regularly to get that confidence going into a busy time. Seems to be still a Sir John size hole there

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
b4life

We have a player that could potentially fill Big John’s boots, the trouble is Still keeps playing donkey Harrison instead of Duku. No Duku in the squad today. How on earth does Harrison get picked? He’s had enough time to show us anything decent and failed.
Last edited by b4life on 08 Dec 2018, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Edd1

Harrison playing again.

Ye Gods.
LadyBee

Edd1 wrote:Harrison playing again.

Ye Gods.
I din't think Harrison is too bad, but on current form not in same league as Duku. Is Duku injured?