Carshalton (Away) The Bird FAT Balls Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: Carshalton (Away) The Bird FAT Balls Match Thread

BeeArmy wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:One thing that I really can't get my head around is that whilst we have Harrison, a team two leagues below have a striker like their number 11.
I agree with comments above re game management and the limitations of some of our players, but even so, he was quite brilliant against us.
And we have Harrison!
How is it possible?
Harrison wouldn't get on Carshalton's bench, how the hell is he anywhere near our 1st team?
The mystery will surely continue.
John Still's number one summer target!!!!
For our sake I hope he's also Still's number one winter target.
jerroll

#Beebot wrote:
BeeArmy wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:One thing that I really can't get my head around is that whilst we have Harrison, a team two leagues below have a striker like their number 11.
I agree with comments above re game management and the limitations of some of our players, but even so, he was quite brilliant against us.
And we have Harrison!
How is it possible?
Harrison wouldn't get on Carshalton's bench, how the hell is he anywhere near our 1st team?
The mystery will surely continue.
John Still's number one summer target!!!!
For our sake I hope he's also Still's number one winter target.
I was hoping that too especially as they allowed Mullings to join Macclesfield this week!
letchbee94

After the first half we did not look in any danger, guess Carshalton came out second half thinking they had nothing to lose as they looked much more lively.
Shaq 2nd goal (our 3rd) is well worth a watch.
They say it swings and roundabouts but it looked like Carshalton could have had another penalty right at the end to have had the chance to win the game.
Norfolk & Chance

That was defo the ref balancing things up after his bad first penalty decision.
That second one was nailed on and he just waved it away. .
barnet1958

Roy57 wrote:Got to be a record for loan keeper will huffer. 6 goals conceded in his first two games.
I remember seeing a loan keeper from West Ham conceding 8 goals in his only game for Dagenham against Finchley with future Barnet legend Tony Turley scoring 6 goals.
South_Belfast_Bee

Replay on the 12th then? Chesterfield game will need to be bumped, but the next round is due to be played on 23rd so not much room for manouvre.
Nudger70

We’ll be playing Tuesday nights til May at this rate still haven’t cleared the Sutton away game due to there participation in the Irn bru cup!
barnet34

Thats 10 goals shipped in 3 games Dc has work to do. Centrally we are strong, however it's the tracking back wide that is the problem.
Alexander and Johnson have often been criticised on this forum and in my opinion unfairly when they are isolated with little or no support.
#Beebot

barnet34 wrote:Thats 10 goals shipped in 3 games Dc has work to do. Centrally we are strong, however it's the tracking back wide that is the problem.
Alexander and Johnson have often been criticised on this forum and in my opinion unfairly when they are isolated with little or no support.
I think while EMC doesn't always track back as much as he should, it seems like every time a left winger runs at Cheye he falls apart. He had an awful second half yesterday.
jerroll

#Beebot wrote:
barnet34 wrote:Thats 10 goals shipped in 3 games Dc has work to do. Centrally we are strong, however it's the tracking back wide that is the problem.
I think while EMC doesn't always track back as much as he should, it seems like every time a left winger runs at Cheye he falls apart. He had an awful second half yesterday.
Did you see him play for shots v maidenhead last season? - i can't believe how highly rated he was compared to his performances for us to date?
becbee

jerroll wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
Did you see him play for shots v maidenhead last season? - i can't believe how highly rated he was compared to his performances for us to date?
Why would any Barnet fan been at Aldershot v Maidenhead last season? Even less so seeing as that match was played on 7th April, same time as we were home to Forest Green Rovers! Or have I misunderstood your post?
jerroll

Beebot also watches Maidenhead - there was method in my question!!
#Beebot

jerroll wrote:Beebot also watches Maidenhead - there was method in my question!!
Wasn't at the away game but Harry Pritchard had a very good game against him at York Road, though Pritchard had many good games last season which is why he's now in L1!
pgbee

EJ with Tutonda in front is obvious to me on our left.
ETBee

I thought that Carshalton were a very good side. Lots of pace and skill. Either the other teams in their league are much better or they were playing above themselves yesterday. In the first half they just set up a solid defence and hoped to get a breakaway chance. We helped them by our laboured slow attack instead of chipping the ball over and running on to it, as we did for EMC’s goal.

Second half they knew that they had to go for it. Ricky Korboa came on and it’s amazing he’s playing for a club at Carshalton’s level. He was brilliant.

DC handed them the game on a plate by taking off Sweeney and Taylor, the two players who do the most to mop up attacks. It’s said that he was saving them for Tuesday but why? If we’re honest we’re not likely to win so the priority should have been to secure the game yesterday. I was talking to DC on Friday and he said that getting to Wembley via the FA Trophy was a very high priority for him.

Carshalton had some tall players so taking Sweeney off immediately made us more vulnerable to set pieces, as it proved to be.
Instead of managing the game we continued to press forward leaving nobody at the back so they got the ball and always looked like scoring.

Bringing Sparkes on was a desperate hope that he’d repeat his heroics from Monday and as for Harrison – aarrrrgggghhh! Tutunda should have come on.

We must win the replay, you’d think, but if DC doesn’t learn quickly we’ll be in trouble. My fear is that we’re likely to just finish mid table and then in the summer we’ll lose Taylor, Shaq and Sweeney which will mean even longer on the National League.