PLAYER OF THE YEAR VOTING

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
MCB

Re: PLAYER OF THE YEAR VOTING

And the results are... Sweeney wins everything I assume?
MCB

hendon4bee wrote:Thanks Ape. I am interested to see who people think are worthy of nomination for the Lester Finch award for current or historic outstanding service to Barnet Football Club. They can be a supporter, player, official or media person for example.

Previous winners include Edgar Davids, Paul Wilson, John Adkins , Rob Robertson, Steve Percy, Tony Hammond, Tony Kleanthous, Alex Jones, Gareth Needham, Chris East, Janet Matthewson, and Rossi Eames.

Last year it was won by Garry Lakin after a poll of previous winners and the Supporters Liasion Group. A very worthy winner.

It is always the top award of the year.
:unsure:
John Hunt

MCB wrote:
hendon4bee wrote:Thanks Ape. I am interested to see who people think are worthy of nomination for the Lester Finch award for current or historic outstanding service to Barnet Football Club. They can be a supporter, player, official or media person for example.

Previous winners include Edgar Davids, Paul Wilson, John Adkins , Rob Robertson, Steve Percy, Tony Hammond, Tony Kleanthous, Alex Jones, Gareth Needham, Chris East, Janet Matthewson, and Rossi Eames.

Last year it was won by Garry Lakin after a poll of previous winners and the Supporters Liasion Group. A very worthy winner.

Why unsure?
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
MCB

hendon4bee wrote:
MCB wrote:

Why unsure?
Well, I don't know the person inside the Mr Bumble costume. I don't know if it's a rotating bumble. I don't know if it's a volunteer who has been doing it for 20 years. Of if there have been 20 different Mr Bumbles in 20 years. It may well be a regular on this forum.

If it's the case then that it's been one person giving loyalty to the club for a number of years then the Lester Finch Award should rightly go to them - the actual person - who has done a huge amount for the club.

However, on face value it appears to have gone to a fluffy bee outfit. And I think it does the award a disservice, making it a jokey, laughy thing. If there's no-one that deserves it, don't give it out, but there are plenty of people who do. I just feel uncomfortable with it going to a mythical being!
John Hunt

The award this year is to the man behind the mask so to speak. I believe on this occasion the actual person inside the costume wishes to remain anonymous.

It has been the same person doing the role for a decade and they have not only been doing it on matchdays but at community events and have participated in other days to promote the club.

I think the wisest thing to do would have been to put out an article on the website explaining why the mascot was chosen as the award winner.

Getting dressed up in that get up for a decade is worthy enough.

Actually over the last few weeks the mascot has been a deputy. The Lester Finch award winning Bumble has a nasty injury and is out for a while. I am not sure whether he is under the care of Luigi or not.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
MCB

hendon4bee wrote:The award this year is to the man behind the mask so to speak. I believe on this occasion the actual person inside the costume wishes to remain anonymous.

It has been the same person doing the role for a decade and they have not only been doing it on matchdays but at community events and have participated in other days to promote the club.

I think the wisest thing to do would have been to put out an article on the website explaining why the mascot was chosen as the award winner.

Getting dressed up in that get up for a decade is worthy enough.

Actually over the last few weeks the mascot has been a deputy. The Lester Finch award winning Bumble has a nasty injury and is out for a while. I am not sure whether he is under the care of Luigi or not.
Great, thanks for the explanation, that clears things up, and I agree it's completely fair enough (I just wish the club had actually said as much).

Congrats Mr Bumble, thanks for your hard work, and hope you're better soon.
alexbach

if there is an award winning bumble , who are the other winners?
only just seen there were awards after bromley, so who were successful please?
ape1968

Sorry - should have posted something about this. The winner of the Lester Finch prefers to keep his anonymity but has been an unsung hero for over ten years. In fact this should be his testimonial year.

The grandson of a Barnet fan - he is Bee through and through. Follows the team home and away. Did the job at Underhill and now at the Hive. With all of the ups and downs of the past season he has always been there and always does a top job stopping, talking to people, and taking photos and the like. He helped get us promoted last time by polishing John Akinde (pen)'s right boot before every game. Until this season he pretty much had to keep the costume together himself. He also used to help Graz out with training Barnet youngsters when Graz was running the Barnet development squad (not alot of people know that)

On top of all of this he got us into the national press, the international press and national TV.

If you have never seen the below video you should really take a long hard look at yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqrYA6MJgF8

For further reading:

https://www.balls.ie/uncategorized/mr-b ... onal-46607

https://www.popnsport.com/actus/91081/l ... e-abeille/

Somewhere on YouTube there is also a Barnet FC crossbar challenge that he took part in and also a German news video of one of his classic Grand national victories but I can't find them at the moment.
"The feeling of stepping out for Barnet for the first time was the same as a Champions League match. It is just joy"

Edgar Davids
ape1968

Sorry - should have posted something about this. The winner of the Lester Finch prefers to keep his anonymity but has been an unsung hero for over ten years. In fact this should be his testimonial year.

The grandson of a Barnet fan - he is Bee through and through. Follows the team home and away. Did the job at Underhill and now at the Hive. With all of the ups and downs of the past season he has always been there and always does a top job stopping, talking to people, and taking photos and the like. He helped get us promoted last time by polishing John Akinde (pen)'s right boot before every game. Until this season he pretty much had to keep the costume together himself. He also used to help Graz out with training Barnet youngsters when Graz was running the Barnet development squad (not alot of people know that)

On top of all of this he got us into the national press, the international press and national TV.

If you have never seen the below video you should really take a long hard look at yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqrYA6MJgF8

For further reading:

https://www.balls.ie/uncategorized/mr-b ... onal-46607

https://www.popnsport.com/actus/91081/l ... e-abeille/

Somewhere on YouTube there is also a Barnet FC crossbar challenge that he took part in and also a German news video of one of his classic Grand national victories but I can't find them at the moment.
"The feeling of stepping out for Barnet for the first time was the same as a Champions League match. It is just joy"

Edgar Davids