Maidenhead (Hive) The Maid in Waiting Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ricardobee

Re: Maidenhead (Hive) The Maid in Waiting Match Thread

"BFC website and commentary is an EFL owned site."

I bow down to your knowledge. I just find it frustrating that nearly every other club in the National League has some sort of 90 minute commentary.
Roy57

I know it's only half time but if we could get a winner. As it stands 7 out of the 11 in front of us are either drawing or loosing. Come on you bees
BeesKnees99

I have to say Charlee Adams is having an absolute shocker. Needs to come off ASAP.
amberforever

Nothings sticking up front. Players falling over, no chances
rudebwoyben

Goal! Something to wake us up.
#Beebot

1-0

Bizarre goal, Maidenhead CB just ran away from the ball and left a clear path to goal
ricardobee

I should have added ". . . . 90 minute commentary FREE OF CHARGE.
rudebwoyben

And fancy that, when one of our midfielders drove forward with determination it opened up their defence. Adams’ shot was spilled by their keeper and Walker was first to the rebound.
Roy57

Maidenhead are 4th in table. We have NINE first team players out injured. Side passes. Not shooting. Poor crosses. But the players are doing us proud i think with all that is against them to be winning. Let's just hope we can keep this up till end of game. COYB

Attendance 1086 with 105 from Maidenhead
Man of match Wes Fonguck. Congratulations on first game back Wes.
Last edited by Roy57 on 14 Sep 2019, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
rudebwoyben

Another 3 points. Not the most entertaining of matches but it’s good to see that we dealt well with the physical challenge Maidenhead brought.
dawat

At the end of the day it is a good result! It also leaves Barnet in a position to break into the play-of places with a win from any of our two matches in hand, which is a position we would have laughed at a few weeks ago with no main striker and nine first team injuries!
king45bee

Great result was a bit worried after we scored but good to see such a thuggish side defeated. Don't know why Devonshire was having a pop at ref at end as ref was very fair in being bad all round.Scoreboard was stuck on 79 mins looks like is afflicted by injury curse as well!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
finchleyman

Just back from the game. The Bees played well today against a fairly big and strong Maidenhead side put together by their manager Alan Devonshire. My man of the match was Santos who controlled the back and didn't allow their largish No. 8 to take control. Jack Taylor was also immense. And welcome back Wes Fonguck who had an excellent game although he presumably is not fully fit. Hernandez was impressive and sent in several low fast crosses which an Akinde would have been on the end of. Alas we have no No. 9 and the likes of Akinola, EMC, Walker and co were bullied off the ball by the Maidenhead's back two. We were left to taking long range shots, one of which rebounded off the keeper's gloves into the path of Josh Walker who stuck it home. He could easily have ballooned it over the bar - so well done to him.

But we played some good football and more or less chased them down to the end. There were a few misplaced passes, Reynolds and Alexander being particular culprits. All in all though this was a good performance and if we had a No. 9 we would thrash this tinpot league. indeed we are presently six points behind the leaders with two games in hand so we could be top of the league already.

Well done Bees, enjoyable game. Bring on Aldershot who had a surprising victory at Stockport today.
beew

finchleyman wrote:Just back from the game. The Bees played well today against a fairly big and strong Maidenhead side put together by their manager Alan Devonshire. My man of the match was Santos who controlled the back and didn't allow their largish No. 8 to take control. Jack Taylor was also immense. And welcome back Wes Fonguck who had an excellent game although he presumably is not fully fit. Hernandez was impressive and sent in several low fast crosses which an Akinde would have been on the end of. Alas we have no No. 9 and the likes Hernandezof Akinola, EMC, Walker and co were bullied off the ball by the Maidenhead's back two. We were left to taking long range shots, one of which rebounded off the keeper's gloves into the path of Josh Walker who stuck it home. He could easily have ballooned it over the bar - so well done to him.

But we played some good football and more or less chased them down to the end. There were a few misplaced passes, Reynolds and Alexander being particular culprits. All in all though this was a good performance and if we had a No. 9 we would thrash this tinpot league. indeed we are presently six points behind the leaders with two games in hand so we could be top of the league already.

Well done Bees, enjoyable game. Bring on Aldershot who had a surprising victory at Stockport today.
A good analysis of the game. Thought Hernandez did very well at left back, always looking to go forward and for me a Jack Taylor was MOM but not selected for a nomination by twitter, which was strange. As you said if we had a proper no.9 we’d certainly be a force but we’re picking up the points.
john dockers shorts

Played really well... Lots of quick passing and a lot of possession and fully deserved the win. Santos and Wes were outstanding as was Hernedez who looked very comfortable. Pleased DC brought on Vasiliou who for the last 15 tied their full back in nots and stretched the game.

First time I hung around for the player award and its definitely worth it. All the players came in and Wes and DC spoke about the game etc.

If you haven't stayed previously I differently recommend. My sons eyes light up when he sees the players which I think is brilliant