Roy Sleap

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Moonchild_Bee

Roy Sleap

I wasn't sure whether to phrase this as a quiz question - i.e.

Barnet Right Half Roy Sleap started against China in Brazil, and Italy in Rome 4 days later, but missed out against Chinese Taipei shortly afterwards. If he had made that starting XI and the one afterwards there would have been at least a 52 year gap between caps.

Who was he playing for?

Anyway, if you can't be bothered - for the answers please see:

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/1046/38/
http://www.fifa.com/tournaments/archive ... eport.html

But basically I was wondering if anyone had any further information on Roy (and any other Barnet players present)? Looked like a great event for non-league players at the time.
buzzlightyear

Re: Roy Sleap

If his name was Wayne Sleap he could turn out for our first team. They could do with a sleap (or maybe they are a sleap).
RichardM

No. 8 Robert Brown was surely Barnet's great young centre forward Bobby Brown who scored 2 great goals in the 3-2 defeat by Crook Town at Wembley. He went on to play for Fulham and Cardiff.
Yachtsman

Whilst still an amateur, Bobby Brown held dual registration for Barnet and Fulham, then in Division One. I think he later turned pro and played for Northampton Town in their only season in the top flight, 1965/66
JohnH
Moonchild_Bee

I note that todays programme has "an interesting feature on Barnet FC players who have represented GB in the Olympics" - I hope this thread was the catalyst :y:
Moonchild_Bee

I am liking this style of article on the website during the off season, keep it up Dennis! Wonder where you got the inspiration from!