Aldershot (hive) The Match Thread Soldiering on with 10 out

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
amberforever

Re: Aldershot (hive) The Match Thread Soldiering on with 10

[quote="Mikel Bee"]That was liquid football!
My favourite Alan Partridge bit!
Masuka

Roy57 wrote:Attendance 1069 with 200 from Aldershot. Which is poor considering no other game on tonight.

....... apart from Chelsea and Liverpool playing in the Champions League and it’s Barnet v Aldershot on a cold Tuesday night.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
hoofer2

Roy57 wrote:BBC radio surrey commentary saying Calum Reynolds one of best centre half's in league. But best player on pitch Jack Taylor. Strange club asking on Twitter for supporters to vote man of the match. But choice of Mason clark. Fonguck. Reynolds. Strange not even choice of Adams as mentioned or Jack Taylor.
Santos was a rock today
amberforever

Got a feeling this is the season DC really delivers.
To bee or not to bee

Once again a fabulous 2nd half performance. I think Darren Currie told them to shoot on sight at half time and they did and we scored!!! Mind Aldershot were awful I thought. The 2nd goal from Wes was a cracker.
rudebwoyben

I think everyone enjoyed that 2nd half performance, on and off the pitch!
rudebwoyben

That was a delicious strike from Wes.
Pavey didn’t have any chances but his physical presence freed up space for our creative players and they profited from it.
BeesKnees99

Couldn’t make it tonight regrettably, but from radio coverage, sounded like a really solid performance.

A debut hat trick from Pavey would’ve been nice, but a big strong lad up front to distract the opposition CBs is such a good option to have.

Wes showing what an asset he is, and I hope EMC kicks on and bags some more.

Don’t care who scores the goals, as long as we score em!

Looking forward to some key players returning, which should make us even stronger.
Nudger70

Very good 2nd half performance really enjoyable Jack and Wesley superb. My only gripe is Cheye who seemed to be caught out of position several times maybe needs more cover.
natwilk

Pavie looked a really good signing, he created chaos in the shots defence and wasn't afraid to put himself about a bit.
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
Mikel Bee

First half Aldershot were camped in their own half and were proving very difficult to break down. Then Pavey came on and his pace acted as a decoy giving our other attacking players more space to play. Two excellent goals.
ninestein

Sets us up nicely now for the last 3 games of September, two of which are against promotion chasing Halifax and Solihull. Things are getting interesting. Time to start talking this side up away from this forum and encouraging more people to the Hive to watch them play. I get the feeling in my bones that this side is starting to click.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Tuesds

ninestein wrote:Time to start talking this side up away from this forum and encouraging more people to the Hive to watch them play.
Hear hear! This team deserves to have a decent backing. And tell your friends with kids that they can take them along for just a quid each (in the family stand/terrace). Bargain!
Barnetchris

Excellent team performance, the team looked very balanced when Pavey came on, he was holding the ball up well and with the pace of EMC and Akinola either side this really bodes well looking forward.
Although a little theatrical Pavey was winning us so many free kicks which was just reducing any pressure at that time and with Sparkes and Taylor we always have a chance taking them.
I thought Jack Taylor was outstanding again, what a player we have, also Akinola great in the air ( won every header) and great to watch, Santos also superb. We are looking good and as people have pointed out, there is something about this team that makes me feel this could be our year. I haven’t seen any outstanding teams to scare us yet in the league.
letchbee94

Not at our best in first half but much better second half with 2 quality goals, Pavey looked decent when he came on.
Good to get 2 wins in a row at the Hive and with 2 clean sheets.