Aldershot (hive) The Match Thread Soldiering on with 10 out

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Aldershot (hive) The Match Thread Soldiering on with 10

Postby BeeDeceived » 18 Sep 2019, 09:24

becbee wrote:Then they'd moan about getting wet!

... and having nowhere to drink. Do it.
BeeDeceived
 
Posts: 230
Joined: 28 Feb 2019, 16:58

Re: Aldershot (hive) The Match Thread Soldiering on with 10

Postby jerroll » 18 Sep 2019, 09:33

BeeDeceived wrote:
becbee wrote:Then they'd moan about getting wet!

... and having nowhere to drink. Do it.

Exactly - still better than what we will get at Gravesend next Tuesday!
jerroll
 
Posts: 9912
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: Aldershot (hive) The Match Thread Soldiering on with 10

Postby Roy57 » 18 Sep 2019, 09:58

beew wrote:https://calling-the-shots.com/2019/09/18/barnet-edgeware-2-shots-0-rendell-unlucky-to-have-goal-ruled-out/

An Aldershot view of last night


Good post this from beew. Good to hear views on other teams supporters trip to the hive. As mentioned on hear before. I think the club closing down the normal allocated location for away fans is not a issue. BUT to increase the price by £2 is a disgrace and I am sure we would feel the same if this happened to us when visiting grounds. Can see the club closing of areas and putting away supporters as per last night again. But come on TC ( or whoever has come up with idea) Of charging more. This is not on and you will certainly not be making a fortune by pissing off all supporters. Especially away fans. Even £20 is to expensive. If reduced to £15 I believe you would attract more supporters thus bringing in more money at turnstiles.
And the SAS tactics before entry. Does not make sense with crowds of 1069. This is only adding to people's reasons not to attend games at the hive. The club need to sort this out and before our next home game.. Didn't understand shot fan saying our ground is shit. Obvious he hasn't been to many away grounds. And stupid to try and bring in a bottle into a football stadium. As just cannot do that now and rightly so. ( added last section because I didn't in original post and people thought I believed this was ok. But I was just picking up on admission prices.
Last edited by Roy57 on 18 Sep 2019, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.
Roy57
 
Posts: 522
Joined: 22 Sep 2018, 10:43

Re: Aldershot (hive) The Match Thread Soldiering on with 10

Postby rudebwoyben » 18 Sep 2019, 10:02

Roy57 wrote:
beew wrote:https://calling-the-shots.com/2019/09/18/barnet-edgeware-2-shots-0-rendell-unlucky-to-have-goal-ruled-out/

An Aldershot view of last night


Good post this from beew. Good to hear views on other teams supporters trip to the hive. As mentioned on hear before. I think the club closing down the normal allocated location for away fans is not a issue. BUT to increase the price by £2 is a disgrace and I am sure we would feel the same if this happened to us when visiting grounds. Can see the club closing of areas and putting away supporters as per last night again. But come on TC ( or whoever has come up with idea) Of charging more. This is not on and you will certainly not be making a fortune by pissing off all supporters. Especially away fans. Even £20 is to expensive. If reduced to £15 I believe you would attract more supporters thus bringing in more money at turnstiles.
And the SAS tactics before entry. Does not make sense with crowds of 1069. This is only adding to people's reasons not to attend games at the hive. The club need to sort this out and before our next home game.


The point is that it’s illegal to bring alcohol into the ground. If something had happened afterwards and it was discovered that no search had been conducted to prevent alcohol being brought into the ground, the club would have been in a lot of trouble.
User avatar
rudebwoyben
 
Posts: 6471
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 18:53
Location: Cally Road, London N7

Re: Aldershot (hive) The Match Thread Soldiering on with 10

Postby Norfolkbee » 18 Sep 2019, 10:29

rudebwoyben wrote:
Roy57 wrote:
beew wrote:https://calling-the-shots.com/2019/09/18/barnet-edgeware-2-shots-0-rendell-unlucky-to-have-goal-ruled-out/

An Aldershot view of last night


Good post this from beew. Good to hear views on other teams supporters trip to the hive. As mentioned on hear before. I think the club closing down the normal allocated location for away fans is not a issue. BUT to increase the price by £2 is a disgrace and I am sure we would feel the same if this happened to us when visiting grounds. Can see the club closing of areas and putting away supporters as per last night again. But come on TC ( or whoever has come up with idea) Of charging more. This is not on and you will certainly not be making a fortune by pissing off all supporters. Especially away fans. Even £20 is to expensive. If reduced to £15 I believe you would attract more supporters thus bringing in more money at turnstiles.
And the SAS tactics before entry. Does not make sense with crowds of 1069. This is only adding to people's reasons not to attend games at the hive. The club need to sort this out and before our next home game.


The point is that it’s illegal to bring alcohol into the ground. If something had happened afterwards and it was discovered that no search had been conducted to prevent alcohol being brought into the ground, the club would have been in a lot of trouble.

I don't think the guy was disputing the fact that he could not bring the alcohol into the ground, merely his treatment for a genuine mistake. As for the admission charges, you couldn't really blame away fans if they decide not to bother to come.
Norfolkbee
 
Posts: 3560
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 09:43

Re: Aldershot (hive) The Match Thread Soldiering on with 10

Postby ninestein » 18 Sep 2019, 10:38

The view from either Legends or Stand 66 is miles better than what you'd get for your £20 at the rec...
Serial moaner
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
User avatar
ninestein
 
Posts: 6076
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 20:00

Re: Aldershot (hive) The Match Thread Soldiering on with 10

Postby LeicesterBee » 18 Sep 2019, 10:48

ninestein wrote:The view from either Legends or Stand 66 is miles better than what you'd get for your £20 at the rec...
Serial moaner


I wonder if he would have felt so aggrieved had his team won
LeicesterBee
 
Posts: 1122
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 15:27

Re: Aldershot (hive) The Match Thread Soldiering on with 10

Postby becbee » 18 Sep 2019, 12:05

Norfolkbee wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:
Roy57 wrote:
beew wrote:https://calling-the-shots.com/2019/09/18/barnet-edgeware-2-shots-0-rendell-unlucky-to-have-goal-ruled-out/

An Aldershot view of last night


Good post this from beew. Good to hear views on other teams supporters trip to the hive. As mentioned on hear before. I think the club closing down the normal allocated location for away fans is not a issue. BUT to increase the price by £2 is a disgrace and I am sure we would feel the same if this happened to us when visiting grounds. Can see the club closing of areas and putting away supporters as per last night again. But come on TC ( or whoever has come up with idea) Of charging more. This is not on and you will certainly not be making a fortune by pissing off all supporters. Especially away fans. Even £20 is to expensive. If reduced to £15 I believe you would attract more supporters thus bringing in more money at turnstiles.
And the SAS tactics before entry. Does not make sense with crowds of 1069. This is only adding to people's reasons not to attend games at the hive. The club need to sort this out and before our next home game.


The point is that it’s illegal to bring alcohol into the ground. If something had happened afterwards and it was discovered that no search had been conducted to prevent alcohol being brought into the ground, the club would have been in a lot of trouble.

I don't think the guy was disputing the fact that he could not bring the alcohol into the ground, merely his treatment for a genuine mistake. As for the admission charges, you couldn't really blame away fans if they decide not to bother to come.


Genuine mistake??? Do you really believe that anybody carries round bottles of beer in a bag small enough to be taking into a football ground does so without knowing that they are doing so? Of course not.
Nobody who cares about their club doesn't decide not to come because the stand costs £2 more than it is at their own ground. Or if money is that tight, they save by not buying the pint or pie.
becbee
 
Posts: 8273
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: Aldershot (hive) The Match Thread Soldiering on with 10

Postby Tuesds » 18 Sep 2019, 12:18

Last season we played a struggling Aldershot at home on a Tuesday night. After playing very poorly in the first half and going in at 0-0 having created very little, we started the second half like a train and scored a goal very early through Mason-Clark. We then sealed a 2-0 win with a brilliant 25-yard right-footed curler into the top right-hand corner in front of the South Terrace.

And we did it all again this season!

Fingers crossed we don't recreate last season's Halifax away performance this Saturday...
Tuesds
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 12:26

Re: Aldershot (hive) The Match Thread Soldiering on with 10

Postby ninestein » 18 Sep 2019, 12:34

Halifax always seem to provide watershed moments for us. That 4-0 defeat at home when Allen returned brought both him and us down to earth with a bump, just when we thought we might have a sniff of the playoffs. The next season, we blew them away in the same fixture on our way to the title.

Last season we put in a poor performance at the Shay, compounded by Duku coming off the bench and scoring against us. Hopefully DC will view this fixture the same way. Everything that was wrong with that performance last season can be put right this time around. A victory up there would certainly lay down a marker.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
User avatar
ninestein
 
Posts: 6076
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 20:00

Re: Aldershot (hive) The Match Thread Soldiering on with 10

Postby X-Bumble » 18 Sep 2019, 13:08

How can you 'forget' you have a bottle of alcohol in your bag? - I cannot get my head around that at all.
He moans about security, and then demonstrates why there was security.
Professional Web Design & Developer - http://www.michaeledwards.me.uk
User avatar
X-Bumble
 
Posts: 1241
Joined: 04 Feb 2015, 09:14
Location: Whitby, North Yorkshire

Re: Aldershot (hive) The Match Thread Soldiering on with 10

Postby hoofer2 » 18 Sep 2019, 13:15

Roy57 wrote:
beew wrote:https://calling-the-shots.com/2019/09/18/barnet-edgeware-2-shots-0-rendell-unlucky-to-have-goal-ruled-out/

An Aldershot view of last night


Good post this from beew. Good to hear views on other teams supporters trip to the hive. As mentioned on hear before. I think the club closing down the normal allocated location for away fans is not a issue. BUT to increase the price by £2 is a disgrace and I am sure we would feel the same if this happened to us when visiting grounds. Can see the club closing of areas and putting away supporters as per last night again. But come on TC ( or whoever has come up with idea) Of charging more. This is not on and you will certainly not be making a fortune by pissing off all supporters. Especially away fans. Even £20 is to expensive. If reduced to £15 I believe you would attract more supporters thus bringing in more money at turnstiles.
And the SAS tactics before entry. Does not make sense with crowds of 1069. This is only adding to people's reasons not to attend games at the hive. The club need to sort this out and before our next home game.. Didn't understand shot fan saying our ground is shit. Obvious he hasn't been to many away grounds. And stupid to try and bring in a bottle into a football stadium. As just cannot do that now and rightly so. ( added last section because I didn't in original post and people thought I believed this was ok. But I was just picking up on admission prices.


Good to see the stewards are doing their job. If you've got nothing to hide, you have nothing to whinge about. Given The Hive is a London based stadium need to have vigilance especially with increase in knife crime in London suburbia.

And the cockwomble {(c) deluded shots fan} clearly clueless regarding stands

As for admission prices, it's how it is and average for National League. Everything has gone up cost of cinema, theatre, beer, food, days out. You make a choice whether you are prepared to pay or not.
hoofer2
 
Posts: 3839
Joined: 01 Feb 2011, 13:48

Re: Aldershot (hive) The Match Thread Soldiering on with 10

Postby OB1 » 18 Sep 2019, 13:46

We didn't increase the price by £2, (as per Roy57) they paid the same price for a seat in Legends stand that home supporters pay.
User avatar
OB1
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 08:46
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Re: Aldershot (hive) The Match Thread Soldiering on with 10

Postby NoMagRyan » 18 Sep 2019, 14:15

X-Bumble wrote:How can you 'forget' you have a bottle of alcohol in your bag? - I cannot get my head around that at all.
He moans about security, and then demonstrates why there was security.


The guy is a complete muppet
NoMagRyan
 
Posts: 397
Joined: 16 Mar 2017, 13:06

Re: Aldershot (hive) The Match Thread Soldiering on with 10

Postby jerroll » 18 Sep 2019, 14:21

OB1 wrote:We didn't increase the price by £2, (as per Roy57) they paid the same price for a seat in Legends stand that home supporters pay.

Correct Derek, what happened is we closed a stand where they would have been charged £20 & put them in a stand where they had to pay £22. The argument away fans have is Barnet fans have a choice of stands where they can pay £15 or £22 while away fans aren't given the choice!
jerroll
 
Posts: 9912
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

PreviousNext

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberforever, Buddy, burge019, jerroll, Norfolk & Chance and 60 guests