Darren Currie deserves your support

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Re: Darren Currie deserves your support

Currie has got us in to the playoffs with 10 players out, no left back and until the Aldershot game, no fit striker. He not only deserves our plaudits but a knighthood given the challenges he has had to face to get a competitive team out.

As for those sad individuals using this success as an exercise in "I told you so" to supporters like me who were, and remain concerned about the manifest weaknesses in our squad, I truly hope that your smug arrogance does not come back to bite us in the arse.

We all support the same team at the end of the day. And if you want to enter in to the "I told you so" Olympics, there are no medals, only a bunch of losers.
barnet34

Will have to admit I stopped going, could not stand anymore of that hoofball dross. When it comes to football I'm a bit of a puritan.
However I decided to give it another go when DC took charge and I'm glad I did,It was like a breath of fresh air, win lose or draw he has them playing proper football.
Also the young talent we have here has benefitted a lot from him,the likes of EMC Jack Taylor, Fonguck and others are starting to shine through.So my message to those absent supporters is, we would love to have you back again, you should be a part of this.
talldarkslim

I agree that the football is worth watching again after a long period of dross. I have developed a case of optimism which will increase when some of the injured return. Well done DC for a job well done so far. The play-offs would be a great achievement.
Bee_Forever

Bee_Forever wrote:Currie has got us in to the playoffs with 10 players out, no left back and until the Aldershot game, no fit striker. He not only deserves our plaudits but a knighthood given the challenges he has had to face to get a competitive team out.

As for those sad individuals using this success as an exercise in "I told you so" to supporters like me who were, and remain concerned about the manifest weaknesses in our squad, I truly hope that your smug arrogance does not come back to bite us in the arse.

We all support the same team at the end of the day. And if you want to enter in to the "I told you so" Olympics, there are no medals, only a bunch of losers.
Sigh.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
#Beebot

I cannot make my mind up about him. One minute we look like a really coherent, well organised, attractive side, the next just a complete shambles, and you never know which version you're going to get.
jerroll

#Beebot wrote:I cannot make my mind up about him. One minute we look like a really coherent, well organised, attractive side, the next just a complete shambles, and you never know which version you're going to get.
I think its clear that he is stuck with players who cannot carry out his instructions and hasn't got enough players of the ilk he really wants ie Dunne and Loach - battle hardened professionals. After 20 mins today Harry Taylor should have been on for Sim or EMC and Mauro deployed to assist Hernandez who was being given the run around by Myles Weston who basically was their sole attacking threat. We were out muscled in central midfield and the skipper followed up Saturdays complete mare with another stinker.I think DC needs a slightly more experienced number 2 than Junior Lewis to help him tactically at times.Another honest assessment from DC and if he had sufficient players fit i would expect him to drop 5 or 6 after that shambles.
MCB

Bee_Forever wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:Currie has got us in to the playoffs with 10 players out, no left back and until the Aldershot game, no fit striker. He not only deserves our plaudits but a knighthood given the challenges he has had to face to get a competitive team out.

Sigh.
You were right, except you add Adams to the list.

OK Mauro started, but he's played 120 minutes in 18 months. Hopefully tonight will be a start.

Question for me is - has DC at any point got within 4 players of his first XI whilst he's been in charge? It's just a constant, endless, depression of injuries. I have utmost confidence and support in DC as I do not think anyone could do more.

DC has my support.
The medical team, well, they can have my derision.
becbee

DC has performed wonders with these players. Last night they let him down. And let's not blame injuries, last night's performance wasn't down to injuries.
DC has my support. Let's just have faith that last night was a blip.
Mickbee

For now.
PBBee

It’s 2 losses in a row, I know football nowadays is ridiculous but give the man some time ffs.

Who really wants to start all over again yet again (its all we ever see with this club).

Realistically this year was another transitional period where he was stuck with a lot of inherited players. Try and make the play offs & if we are still down here next season assess him on that.

It’s a shame as it really is a weak but fairly even league this season but what can you do.

Most of the players are decent individuals which makes it a bit more frustrating.
buzzinbee

Only one week after this thread was started, the know-it-alls, pathetic and so-called loyal supporters are on Darren's back and you* want the stay-away fans to come back!!

Yes, Tuesday's night's match saw a very unresponsive performance but to warrant the same bully-boy comments we seen a couple of years back from the high and mighty, want-to-be N7s and Big Sam admirers is not going to have them wanting to fill the stands any sooner.

If DC gets an offer from another club and takes it, would anyone blame him? But don't worry we all know who can come back and perform miracles, as some of the ones I have mentioned above believe he is God. If he's not avabile maybe the big mouths can apply for the role or maybe Darren Currie deserves your support instead of gobbing-off!!

*rhetorical question hoofer2
Norfolkbee

The poor bloke can only work with what he has got. Many suspected (feared) it would pan out like that for this season due to Mr Still's excesses of 2018/19. My only gripe with DC is the length of time it took to get in a No9. Pavey will now obviously need a few weeks to integrate.
The way things are looking, I think we are in for a season of ups and downs and getting anywhere near the play-offs will be a bonus. DC's job will be safe barring us falling into a relegation battle. All I ask is that the players we have give their best, which judging by the fans' reaction from the Ebbsfleet game (I wasn't there), some of them apparently failed to do on the night.
I think that is a reasonable assessment of the season so far and what lies ahead over the coming months. Saturday's game is a new chapter and a chance to build again.
MCB

hoofer2

buzzinbee wrote:Only one week after this thread was started, the know-it-alls, pathetic and so-called loyal supporters are on Darren's back and you* want the stay-away fans to come back!!

Yes, Tuesday's night's match saw a very unresponsive performance but to warrant the same bully-boy comments we seen a couple of years back from the high and mighty, want-to-be N7s and Big Sam admirers is not going to have them wanting to fill the stands any sooner.

If DC gets an offer from another club and takes it, would anyone blame him? But don't worry we all know who can come back and perform miracles, as some of the ones I have mentioned above believe he is God. If he's not avabile maybe the big mouths can apply for the role or maybe Darren Currie deserves your support instead of gobbing-off!!

*rhetorical question hoofer2
Someone has choked on a wasp ! You are the one gobbing off it seems.

Club need a period of stability and chopping and changing manager with the wind is not going to achieve that. Like it or not things have improved a great deal on the pitch
under Currie who has got players, many who were written off, playing better in majority of games,

It is the end of September and we have won more games than we have lost, and drawn more games than we have lost> It's right to feel disappointed in consecutive defeats
because our team have already demonstrated how much better they can be in previous games this season. So cannot see the point in your venting.

With players returning from injury and games in October we will see if we can step up for a playoff challenge.
buzzinbee

hoofer2 wrote:Someone has choked on a wasp ! You are the one gobbing off it seems.
Humbug.