Halifax (Away) The Match Thread Heading Howard's Way

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Halifax (Away) The Match Thread Heading Howard's Way

So.… Saturday sees the bees head up north to take on Halifax Town with the bees bouncing off the back of 3 wins. Halifax will be looking to cheque our progress up the Bananarama table as they sit snugly in 3rd place.

With players slowly returning to fitness this game does not hold the same anxiety it did last season where an under prepared and disinterested bees side got brushed aside with ease, following the late postponement of the original fixture ( for which we did receive compensation John C :hi: ).

In terms of team lineup, with Sweeney, Johnson, Mauro and Harry Taylor all nearing fitness the hope is that we will have a fairly combative team lining up at the Shay. It will certainly not be the home banker it was last season and Currie deserves credit for bringing in 3 excellent pros while balancing the books. Here is hoping that Loach, Dunne and Pavey prove to be good investments and that Alfie is not left too ISA-lated on Saturday.

My team would be:-

------------------------------Loach---------------------------

--Alexander-----Santos---Reynolds-----Hernandez------

--------------------H. Taylor--Adams-------------------------

--Mason-Clarke------J. Taylor---------Fonguck------------

------------------------Pavey-----------------------------------

Subs: Matrevics, Sweeney, Johnson, Vilhete, Akinola

Doing this one by train. Hoping we put in a good performance and at the very least come back with a share of the points.

COYB's! :Drink1:
ninestein

Re: Halifax (Away) The Match Thread Heading Howard's Way

I hope we can go there in a good frame of mind and impose ourselves on them. Both of us have made decent starts. Big game this one, we need to be strong and not allow Halifax to bully us from the word go. If DC needs anything to motivate the side, he can refer back to last season's fixture and say "that must not happen again".
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
hoofer2

------------------------------Loach---------------------------

--Alexander-----Santos---Reynolds-----Hernandez------

--------------------Fonguck--Adams-------------------------

--Mason-Clarke------J. Taylor---------Sparkes------------

------------------------Pavey-----------------------------------

With Pavey up front, need the best crosser of the ball in the team which is Sparkes.

When Harry Taylor is back to full fitness, he should be played in place of Adams.

As for Sweeney, where will he play? I think Santos and Reynolds are better as centre halfs, and Sweeney will provide useful height in centre midfield.
Alternative could be 3 at the back with Mauro attacking Wing Back on right and Sparkes on left..

There really will be competition to make the starting XI. Can Currie keep them all happy?
Daisy246

Hi. I am a Halifax fan and looking forward to Barnet coming to the shay for what looks like brilliant weather for once! The 3 pigeons is an friendly old.pub near the ground for before and after. Also they sell pies! How many fans are expected to travel tomo?
Tuesds

Oh great. Currie’s pre-match interview confirms that the absent-due-to-injury list has grown yet again, with someone who’s ‘been playing really well” out for tomorrow and an unkown period beyond that (will ‘assess it when it settles down’).

Only other clue is that it was someone who was on the pitch at the end of the game on Tuesday, as he says that’s when the injury was picked up.
talldarkslim

Hope it is not Jack Taylor
jerroll

My worry is its one of the centre backs meaning a half fit Sweeney or Harry Taylor may be pressed into service or we see Charlie Rowan start again.
mcleod23

Sparkes limped off with the physio at the end so I'd imagine him.
jerroll

mcleod23 wrote:Sparkes limped off with the physio at the end so I'd imagine him.
Well spotted, he had a decent game on Tuesday but isn't a key component.
becbee

mcleod23 wrote:Sparkes limped off with the physio at the end so I'd imagine him.
I wish Sparkes no ill whatsoever but he's more replaceable than some of the others who finished the match on Tuesday.
Roy57

after hearing news update from DC and hearing we now have another player out injured. Does anybody else feel injuries sustained not just with us but in general. Could be caused by the boots players were now. Seem more of a fashion statement in cases rather than " is this particular boot going to give me protection in certain areas " they are so light now I cannot imagine they give much if any protection to players ankles. From support of the boot. Seen players from premier league sides jump over another player and when they land they need the physio to enter pitch to see what if any damage has been caused. I feel this this is a possible reason for our large turn over of injurues. As remember a supporter on this forum saying that we were not getting recurring injuries and they varied. So by this it's not something that is wrong with say certain training methods. Imagine what boots the players were is of there choosing. Can understand one or even three being out injured but this is third year were we have had almost a complete team unavailable for selection.
king45bee

Reckless guide of old:

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2015/marc ... o-halifax/

The local spoons Percy Shaw has to be worth a visit. Image. Other than that Reckless guide stands test of time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Daisy246

You travel all that way and use a spoons? Same as every other spoons. Where's your spirit!?
Masuka

I hate playing Halifax as it always reminds me how much I owe them on the credit card.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
king45bee

Agree plenty of alternatives don't normally go to spoons but the name stood out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk