Jack Taylor signs for Posh

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Roy57

Re: Jack Taylor signs for Posh

Patel89 wrote:
beeswinplease wrote:
Tynant14 wrote:I wish JT all the best for the future but does this not show a lack of ambiton at Barnet FC?
We are stll in wth a chance of reaching the playoffs and we go and sell one of our top players.
Depending on how the money is spent ths could result n a fall in the number of fans as people see this as a complete lack of ambition.
We wait and see what happens!!!
Exactly this.
The clubs a joke and despite TK coming out and telling everyone how much he cares, the honest truth is he loves a quick buck more than anything and anyone in the world. Its taken me until now to realise this. We will go nowhere with this man at the top and
whilst his business park continues to strive, he is of course he is going nowhere fast. So with that in mind I'm out. I can't be bothered to watch the club stagnate anymore. Jack was the only real bright spark in what looks to be another season of underachieving,dull mid table mediocrity, from the club that brought you state of the art fitness facilities only to have the worst injury list for 3 seasons in a row, had a League 1 quality striker that every club desired at their dispoal only to then get relegated. The list is endless. What are the chances of Barnet becoming the first club in National League to install VAR only for it to then relegate us on the final day of the season. :bash: :grrr: :ohlord: :nonono: :oooops:
I am sorry but this post is a joke..

How can you criticise the club for letting a 21 year old talented footballer leave for league one??? If it was your son or nephew etc what would you advise him to do?

If it was your football club even you would reject 500k for a player bearing in mind your top transfer fee ever was 750k?

The club cannot stand in the way of this and have done what's best for Jack and BFC I think we should have got a bit more but the fact your being so critical is not fair get real!!
Totally agree. Stupid post. Good luck Jack.
becbee

foxy wrote:"We have already spent this years budget" remember

Only one place that money is going...!
This year's budget will not have taken into account this transfer fee.
Nudger70

Surprised at the criticism for selling Jack the only surprise that we still had him to sell. Stealing a quote ‘don’t be sad it’s over just be glad it happened’. Just hope it’s not the start of a slow exodus.
Tuesds

Harry Beautyman at Sutton would seem to be the ideal replacement. Attacking midfielder who has scored even more league goals than Taylor this season. Indeed he’s got more than most strikers, with 12.

Ironically he was once exactly where Jack Taylor is today, i.e. the star player at a National League club who was snapped up by Peterborough Utd. He never fully established himself there or during subsequent stints at Northampton or Stevenage, but he’s hitting the heights again back down at Conference level, scoring goals and winning rave reviews week after week.

No doubt Sutton would be very reluctant to sell and would demand a significant fee if they were to sell at all. But as I say, he stands out as a potential replacement. In theory at least!
MCB

Beautiman was off course on trial for us a few years back. Think he signed for Peterborough?
rudebwoyben

Tuesds wrote:Harry Beautyman at Sutton would seem to be the ideal replacement. Attacking midfielder who has scored even more league goals than Taylor this season. Indeed he’s got more than most strikers, with 12.

Ironically he was once exactly where Jack Taylor is today, i.e. the star player at a National League club who was snapped up by Peterborough Utd. He never fully established himself there or during subsequent stints at Northampton or Stevenage, but he’s hitting the heights again back down at Conference level, scoring goals and winning rave reviews week after week.

No doubt Sutton would be very reluctant to sell and would demand a significant fee if they were to sell at all. But as I say, he stands out as a potential replacement. In theory at least!
Not a bad call. He certainly is a goal-scoring midfielder although he strikes me more as a Lampard/Platt type of player, making those late runs into the box to finish off a move than a creator like Jack.
Tuesds

MCB wrote:Beautiman was off course on trial for us a few years back. Think he signed for Peterborough?
Yes, his trial for us was before he started rippping up the Conference for Welling. It was from Welling that Peterborough then signed him.

His trial for us must have been in summer 2013. So while we did miss out on a good one there, we did at least pick up one pearl that summer as we signed Luisma!
hoofer2

WinchyBee wrote:Was really impressed by Adams last year before he was injured. Feel like we're a little overstocked with central defensive midfielders atm and need some creativity, the only player who can drift with the ball and find spaces, Elito is the only player I feel who can do this.
If it is to be Adams and Dunne, we need to start using the wings more effectively than playing it through the middle.
king45bee

Good deal for the club and JT we always knew would happen one day. Let's hope it's invested well. Really don't see how means we might be in relegation battle due to this - a most odd view but each to their own.

Will be interesting to see team on Saturday now and who returns. Looking forward to the Pudsey trip.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Roy57

Will be interesting to see how much of this transfer fee TC will give to DC to spend on bringing in replacements. But other clubs will be aware of the fee we have received and any fee for there players before Jack leaving will now go up considerably. So would not be surprised if club wait till summer before bringing in main targers. After also letting go at least FIVE players. Would love to see creative midfielder. Target man / striker brought in now for push to play off. But can understand if club only bring in one player.
StephenM

I believe any criticism of the club allowing him to leave is pathetic. It would have been a disgrace to keep him once Peterborough came in (he deserves the opportunity to test himself at a higher level), and £500k upfront with add ons is a fair fee.
Itai-bee

Obviously gutted from a supporter who loved watching Jack play. A absolute natural in midfield who will shine in a better team .
The four and half year contract probably suggests that Peterborough think that Jack will eventually go on to bigger things.
Thanks Jack and the very best of luck to you.
StephenM

ricardobee wrote:You can't criticise the club for selling Taylor, it's good business and you can't stand in the way of talented young players. It's always been that way. What will deserve criticism is if the money is not spent on some decent players coming in. Is this chairman more worried about funding weddings, rowing machines, mri machines or building stands so that a couple of people can sit in them?
Better for the club that those couple of people turn up than not at all.....
ninestein

When players sign for us at this level, we're often "underwhelmed".
When players get sold for big fees from this level, we're naturally left a bit deflated because a good player has moved onto better things and left us with a hole to fill.
It's very rare that we get to spend big ourselves and feel the expectation of a big/exciting signing.

All in all, it feels like things only go one way, against us.

But actually, despite losing Jack, this now provides a few opportunities at our club.
An opportunity for one of our other players to step up and prove their worth to the team, just like when Sweeney did under Westley and MA. Elito, Mauro, Sweeney himself, they are all capable of stepping into that central void and carrying the ball forwards like Jack did.
Let's be clear, we are not going to replace Jack with a like for like player, but DC just needs to tweak the tactics slightly to ensure we use the skills we have.
It also provides the club not only with funds, but frees up another player's wage to bring in that forward we desperately need.
And let's also not forget, the international call-up saga will probably not affect us again for quite a while!

Good luck Jack, and thanks for the memories!

Memo to Posh... you could always loan him back to us for the next 4 months...?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
gafferbee

Watching the team play over the past two matches Jack's quality has been so apparent. His positioning, spatial awareness, speed of thought, passing ability just seemed to be on another level. It was easy to spot his quality even from the early days, but after not having seen the Bees play for a while he just stood out a mile.

I'm delighted for him and am genuinely optimistic that he can have a really meaningful career in the league. Hard to begrudge the move in any way, and the fee is generous, too. I wonder what clauses were written in that might bump the final total up towards £1m?