Alternative statement from the club

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoofer2

Re: Alternative statement from the club

Personally, I think it's blatantly obvious that the issues with the pitch can only be addressed properly once the season ends. The issues have caught all by surprise - the Club and Supporters. We can all see that no matter what efforts the groundstaff put in, a sustained period of rain and the pitch is not coping. Are too many games being played ? - in previous seasons the pitch will have coped.

What's the point of a statement articulating what is in plain sight for all ? It's either going to antagonise further or not appease enough. I am liking the fact that all communication at the moment is from DC - let his football do the talking.

We have a FA Trophy and Play-off Campaign to follow, leave the inquest to the end of the season. On a plus side McCallum is going to feature in more games than he would have done if matches got played as previously scheduled.
RichardM

hoofer2 wrote:Personally, I think it's blatantly obvious that the issues with the pitch can only be addressed properly once the season ends. The issues have caught all by surprise - the Club and Supporters. We can all see that no matter what efforts the groundstaff put in, a sustained period of rain and the pitch is not coping. Are too many games being played ? - in previous seasons the pitch will have coped.

What's the point of a statement articulating what is in plain sight for all ? It's either going to antagonise further or not appease enough. I am liking the fact that all communication at the moment is from DC - let his football do the talking.

We have a FA Trophy and Play-off Campaign to follow, leave the inquest to the end of the season. On a plus side McCallum is going to feature in more games than he would have done if matches got played as previously scheduled.
A very sensible post on here for a change.
Roy57

Meet Barnet FC new liassion officer.
Great detailed letter of passion and truth. Agree it was a bit long but the club could cut and paste this and use if for at least three of there next future statements. Very impressive.
BeesKnees

It really has come to something when supporters have to invent clubs communication.

I used to be proud of how open this club was and many friends who supported other clubs were envious of the level of detail and honesty we were given.

Excellent effort sir, maybe TK could start a supporters group that is allowed to post an article on the website every so often as a way to build bridges.
John Hunt

To be fair it is the supporters who should start a supporters group not TK!
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
BeesKnees

hendon4bee wrote:To be fair it is the supporters who should start a supporters group not TK!
I thought the supporters liaison group or whatever it's called already exists with TKs blessing
Bee_Forever

Supporters Liaison Group has not met either as a group or with TK for the best part of a year. As stated before, would be supportive of a new supporter organisation being set up, be it a group, association trust or whatever. At the moment the only time the club gets to hear from supporters is via e-mail or the mercurial beast which is social media.

I have come up with my own statement for the club.

Life's a pitch and then you hive.
letchbee94

Bee_Forever wrote:.

I have come up with my own statement for the club.

Life's a pitch and then you hive.
Brilliant :)
barnetjohn

hoofer2 wrote:Personally, I think it's blatantly obvious that the issues with the pitch can only be addressed properly once the season ends.

What's the point of a statement articulating what is in plain sight for all?

I can get where you're coming from. And I totly agree that the causes and issues are in plain sight.

My aim in writing the alternative statment definitely wasn't to reveal some new insight or amazing understanding of the problem, just to show how a different tone, more openess and better comms could make a big difference in how the club comes across.

For me the real frustration is that the club is so reluctant to say what is in plain sight and common knowledge. Agreed we all know the pitch has got poor drainage and problems are exacerbated by heavy use and not much csnbe done to resolve it til the summer. It's frustrating the club doesn't want to acknowledge this and ends up rubbing up fans the wrong way.

A bit more openness could help and build more positivity and perhaps help us bring us back to a better state as Mikel Bees post talks about.

Darren Currie is a fantastic example of what being open and comminicative can do for rapport with fans. I hope the club can use some of that spirit/approach.
John_c

hoofer2 wrote:Personally, I think it's blatantly obvious that the issues with the pitch can only be addressed properly once the season ends. The issues have caught all by surprise - the Club and Supporters. We can all see that no matter what efforts the groundstaff put in, a sustained period of rain and the pitch is not coping. Are too many games being played ? - in previous seasons the pitch will have coped.

Tut. Stop it with your common sense nonsense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
Norfolk & Chance

So a business is unable to deliver the services for which its paid up members have handed over their cash for, and yet said business is not expected to explain why it cannot provide those services on a regular basis.
Riiiiiggggghhhhhttttt............
MCB

hoofer2 wrote: What's the point of a statement articulating what is in plain sight for all ? It's either going to antagonise further or not appease enough. I am liking the fact that all communication at the moment is from DC - let his football do the talking.
Because this statement placated Tranmere fans about their pitch issues. Clear, coherent, from the top, it was a great example on how a statement can actually HELP. 10 minutes from TK and the media team 3 weeks ago and this thread wouldn't exist.

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2 ... la-palios/
JWTBee

MCB wrote:
hoofer2 wrote: What's the point of a statement articulating what is in plain sight for all ? It's either going to antagonise further or not appease enough. I am liking the fact that all communication at the moment is from DC - let his football do the talking.
Because this statement placated Tranmere fans about their pitch issues. Clear, coherent, from the top, it was a great example on how a statement can actually HELP. 10 minutes from TK and the media team 3 weeks ago and this thread wouldn't exist.

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2 ... la-palios/
Wow - what a great statement! If only TK could have done something similar.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
BarmyBee210

Fantastic statement young chap. Helped restore some faith in my club. Need more people like you.