I feel a bit sorry for TK

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BigBee

Re: I feel a bit sorry for TK

ninestein wrote:The shell of the building and stadium was there. TK spent the money to kit it all out.
No shell of stadium, just one small, half built, abandoned building and 45 acres
of open scrubland/parkland.
MCB

BigBee wrote:
ninestein wrote:The shell of the building and stadium was there. TK spent the money to kit it all out.[/quote

No shell of stadium, just one small, half built, abandoned building and 45 acres
And 2 bouncy stands!

I think that £3.5 million had been spent on it - current spending is well over £25 million.
becbee

mcleod23 wrote:There are just so many holes in things he says though. 'We've really gone for it this season' - simply isn't the case. We would have signed McCallum in the Summer to 'have gone for it'. That's just one example.
We reputedly tried to but for whatever reason he chose to go to Solihull. Suspect he'd have stayed there had Tim Flowers not been an idiot.
let_it_bee

Absolutely agree with Becbee's sentiments here. We need to pull together in this time of crisis, stop the back-biting and recognise how fortunate we are in comparison to many other small clubs. (Friend at work is a Southend fan and you really wouldn't want to be in their position.)
mcleod23

becbee wrote:
mcleod23 wrote:There are just so many holes in things he says though. 'We've really gone for it this season' - simply isn't the case. We would have signed McCallum in the Summer to 'have gone for it'. That's just one example.
We reputedly tried to but for whatever reason he chose to go to Solihull. Suspect he'd have stayed there had Tim Flowers not been an idiot.
And wonder why he went to Solihull despite being a London lad? We didn't pay the money!!
#Beebot

I can't see us playing in the National League North any time soon, even if we do go down.
hoofer2

mcleod23 wrote:
becbee wrote:
And wonder why he went to Solihull despite being a London lad? We didn't pay the money!!
hoofer2

mcleod23 wrote:
becbee wrote:
Sign for a playoff semi finalist or a mid table club? That's why he chose Solihull surely,
jerroll

#Beebot wrote:I can't see us playing in the National League North any time soon, even if we do go down.
indeed , especially while the likes of Braintree, St Albans and Hemel remain in NLS
Shmulib100

agreed. I think we are very lucky to have TK at the club despite sometimes valid complaints. Need some perspective
dawat

BigBee wrote:
ninestein wrote:The shell of the building and stadium was there. TK spent the money to kit it all out.
Wow some people do have very short memories don't they! I suppose all those photographs of Fairclough walking around a big building site at various stages of progress were all just a big publicity stunt were they?
DerekRocholl

I really can’t get over the fact that a multi millionaire has responded to the coronavirus crisis by issuing redundancy notices to 60 staff and we have a thread on our supporters forum entitled “I feel a bit sorry for TK”.

Cheerio for a while.
Norfolk & Chance

Especially with measures from the chancellor that make it easier to keep staff on.
At the risk of enraging a few people, it all seems a little too convenient to me.
And those wondering about why ddrs haven't been requested, when a business is in trouble, sometimes the status of 'originator' is removed.
I hope very much this is just putting 2 and 2 together etc etc.
ricardobee

In this case putting 2 and 2 together made 60!
To bee or not to bee

I don’t know and not defending TK making anyone redundant but maybe he’s got cash flow problems? Someone said 14 million was made from Underhill but then someone else said 25 million was spent on the Hive? I think we ‘d all agree the club must be losing a lot but obvs we don’t know about the other businesses. I do think TK acted too quickly though when the Govt is putting plans in place. So we need to give everyone some slack, whatever our political outlook.