Yeovil Town (Hush Park) The Playoff a Handicap Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeesKnees99

Re: Yeovil Town (Hush Park) The Playoff a Handicap Match Thr

PBBee wrote:2 days without a comment on our biggest game in years - doesn’t quite feel right does it this one!
There’s not all that much to say. The time for words is over - let’s just get that win!
ninestein

So who do we reckon will be presenting this show on Saturday. They always have Adam Virgo but there's normally another pundit...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Ajtheone04

ninestein wrote:So who do we reckon will be presenting this show on Saturday. They always have Adam Virgo but there's normally another pundit...
I'd say as long as they don't go to the stadium which I very much doubt they will it'd be Jake Humphrey plus maybe one more remotely who's played for both us and Yeovil
PBBee

Beespod Twitter seems to think this could be the team:

Loach

HT Santos Johnson

Mauro Adams Dunne Tutonda

Wes/Akinola

McCallum Walker/Akinola(EMC)

Not quite sure that’s strong enough - all about outscoring the opponents & our attacking threat to have a chance.
becbee

So who do you think should play? We reached the P.O.s with this forward line, we don't have any other goal scoring forwards in reserve. In any case, play off matches aren't usually about scoring lots of goals, they can often be quite cagey affairs.
#Beebot

PBBee wrote:Beespod Twitter seems to think this could be the team:

Loach

HT Santos Johnson

Mauro Adams Dunne Tutonda

Wes/Akinola

McCallum Walker/Akinola(EMC)

Not quite sure that’s strong enough - all about outscoring the opponents & our attacking threat to have a chance.
We have little choice but to go attack focused because we have a very strong forward line and a very average back line and central midfield.

I agree with the 3-4-1-2, I'd start Akinola at attacking midfield and Walker up top with McCallum.
Wunderhill

Haven’t bought a ticket to watch the game at the Hive yet and was wondering if anyone knew of any pubs which would be showing the game? If pubs are even allowed to show live sport yet?!
HertsBee

The Queens Arms in Barnet
rudebwoyben

Wunderhill wrote:Haven’t bought a ticket to watch the game at the Hive yet and was wondering if anyone knew of any pubs which would be showing the game? If pubs are even allowed to show live sport yet?!
Pubs are certainly allowed to show live sport. My nearest pub has been showing all of the football.
Tuesds

Wunderhill wrote:Haven’t bought a ticket to watch the game at the Hive yet and was wondering if anyone knew of any pubs which would be showing the game? If pubs are even allowed to show live sport yet?!
The Hive Safety Officer has said on Twitter today that there are still tickets available to watch at the Hive

https://twitter.com/hive_safety/status/ ... 54849?s=21
becbee

Does anybody know whether the members car park will be open tomorrow afternoon?
Wunderhill

Tuesds wrote:
The Hive Safety Officer has said on Twitter today that there are still tickets available to watch at the Hive

https://twitter.com/hive_safety/status/ ... 54849?s=21
Ideally it would be somewhere else - only food on offer seems to be a curry which isn’t a favourite of my Dad’s. I’m sure there’ll be some pubs available to show it, doesn’t seem to be any other live sport on at 3pm to compete.
_ABeeSee_

edgeog wrote:The Queens Arms in Barnet
Is this a definite option?

I could be tempted - haven't got BT Sport and doubt I'll find a decent stream... will be just like old times!
We're gonna piss this tin pot league
wiggy

Strong chance - it could go to a penalty shoot-out. Has it been it confirmed if they are using extra-time (if necessary) or straight to pens? I fancy Scott Loach to be the hero if it goes down to a shoot-out. Off the top of my head - some the most reliable penalty takers I have seen for the Bees have been Ian Hendon, Paul Wilson, Gary Bull, Izale McLeod & of course John Akinde. Of the current squad I think Sim & Shaq's record from the spot isnt too bad. We'll just gloss over Darren Currie's spot-kick v Torquay in 2001 though!! C'mon the Bees
becbee

wiggy wrote:Strong chance - it could go to a penalty shoot-out. Has it been it confirmed if they are using extra-time (if necessary) or straight to pens? I fancy Scott Loach to be the hero if it goes down to a shoot-out. Off the top of my head - some the most reliable penalty takers I have seen for the Bees have been Ian Hendon, Paul Wilson, Gary Bull, Izale McLeod & of course John Akinde. Of the current squad I think Sim & Shaq's record from the spot isnt too bad. We'll just gloss over Darren Currie's spot-kick v Torquay in 2001 though!! C'mon the Bees
Confirmed straight to penalties.