Notts County (a) The Not in Nottingham Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
WhetstoneBee

Re: Notts County (a) The Not in Nottingham Match Thread

Bottled it when it mattered most I’m afraid. You need your big players to turn up in big games and ours didn’t. Dunne was woeful and McCallum lost pretty much every header. The game was lost in midfield, where we had no quality at all and EMC was anonomyous for much of the game. Notts were first to every ball and I was embarrassed at how easily they were able to see the game out, without us even creating a real chance. Such an unbelievable shame. I believe we’ve got the right manager in Darren and would be confident for next season if we could keep most of the squad together and strengthen but the reality is our best players are out of contract and will go (those that haven’t already) and we’ll have to have another season of consolidation. Gutting.
Ajtheone04

Poor out there today, lack of effort from Mauro ( not something I thought I'd be saying) for our first goal and I think as soon as the pressure was put on us to score it was clear we didn't have what it takes
It's all well and good having 3,4,5 strikers who can get 20 goals a season but if we don't have the creativity in midfield it all goes to pot
We need to move on and make sure we don't suffer from the playoff hangover like Fylde. If the squad was to stay as it is, which I doubt it will, I'd say we need 2 CB's 2 RB's and 2 creative midfielders to play in the deeper JT role, whether that's signings, loans or from within
BeesKnees99

Notts County (a) The Not in Nottingham Match Thread

Of course the better side won. But it wasn’t exactly difficult to be ‘the better side’. We had absolutely nothing about us.

We can blame injuries all we like, but the team out there was good enough to at least challenge them. I can forgive a loss if we genuinely play well and lose out.

But what I saw out there lacked passion, desire, and was a completely timid performance. Boring, one-dimensional play. County wanted it more.

PS - We need to freshen up our midfield. Losing the class and quality of Jack Taylor really hurt us. Fonguck, Dunne and Adams will not take us up next season. They’ve got to go.
djhdjh

We didn't play well but we were well beaten by the better team with better players. Need to make sure that this time next year we have the better players. Someone like that Rose who dominated the midfield would be particularly handy. If we want to pass the ball we need to get more of a grip on games in the midfield.

As others have said, let's hope Notts County go up now and having seen the games today I think they will.
PBBee

Very poor performance & Notts neutralised any attacking threat we had.

With a sensible head on we had a 1 in 8 chance of going up via the lottery.

Now we need Notts to go up & have a fair crack at the whip next season.

I think we will only recognise 25% of the squad by the time the season starts & we can only happy Darren is also there.
barnetboy1

Confusing ambition with ability is a dangerous thing.
Another cash strapped season in the Conference awaits.
FFS let's push on next season.
COYBees.
kingpinfid

DC will have learnt a lot about the players over the last couple of weeks.

I hope he hangs around to build next season’s squad. Time will tell.
hoofer2

The better team one. Looked a shadow of the team that was playing pre-lockdown. Shaq had some good touches
HertsBee

You can only push on if the investment is there. I think TK has other priorities at the club.
becbee

It was the same for both sides but the weather was terrible, you couldn't expect silky skills in that deluge.
I thought that our players tried - maybe tried and failed - but they tried.
Notts Co were playing really well just before lockdown. They might even have beaten Barrow to the title had the season continued. They won today because they were better than us. I expect them to beat Harrogate next weekend. It wasn't our day today but we move on.
Barnetrob

Beaten by a better side, fair play to County. We had a go and it wasn't to be but we go again next season. Well done Darren, Junior and the team.
BeesKnees99

Darren in tears during post match interview. No doubting the man’s passion, and full respect for showing how much he’s hurting (we all are), but his players badly let him down today.

Hope he’s fully backed for next season.
jonbonbaby

Hopefully he stays next season !
hoofer2

Don't forget these players also had to contend with TKs widescale cutback announcement the day before furlough was announced...not ideal for motivation
BeesKnees

They did their best but midfield simply not up to the task.

Both against Yeovil and Notts County we never got a grip on the game.

Some rebuilding is definitely needed.