Open letter to TK

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jerroll

Re: Open letter to TK

#Beebot wrote:With no more parachute payments it's going to be a very, very long way back from here.

An EFL return sadly looks a long way off. There's a very high probability we're going to lose DC and the bulk of the squad this sunmer. We aren't just going to build on what we've done this season like some think we can.

We will likely have to move towards a completely different model for running the football club and look at how the likes of Boreham Wood and Bromley do things rather than running a 25-30 man squad.
We were in a similar position in the summer of 2003 when Martin Allen rebuilt the squad following the expiry of our parachute payments, hopefully we can follow that template and challenge again this year.
#Beebot

jerroll wrote:
#Beebot wrote:With no more parachute payments it's going to be a very, very long way back from here.

An EFL return sadly looks a long way off. There's a very high probability we're going to lose DC and the bulk of the squad this sunmer. We aren't just going to build on what we've done this season like some think we can.

We will likely have to move towards a completely different model for running the football club and look at how the likes of Boreham Wood and Bromley do things rather than running a 25-30 man squad.
We were in a similar position in the summer of 2003 when Martin Allen rebuilt the squad following the expiry of our parachute payments, hopefully we can follow that template and challenge again this year.
Agree and if DC leaves we need a manager who can demonstrate they can work well on a tight budget.
BigBee

#Beebot wrote:
jerroll wrote:

Agree and if DC leaves we need a manager who can demonstrate they can work well on a tight budget.
No shit Sherlock. :grrr: :grrr:
tonbridgebee

jerroll wrote:

Quality, not quantity were the hallmarks for both our title wins under PF and MA, it's all thats needed this time around. Frankly, there will be an abundance of players looking for a job with trimmings going on through the EFL and the National League as well, the way we treat players though and managers for that matter means we're at the bottom of the chain or very near to it.

However, a two year deal for DC and quality in McCallum swings that round the other way, we know DC can spot a player looking at his signings so far, DC had a list of strikers at the beginning of the season wanting to sign, I wasn't allowed to see it then but once we got into lockdown I did get sent it. I'm not going to reveal names other than Macca was on the top of it, but the others that were would have been good enough to be the opposite Macca was for us and got us still into those play-offs, unfortunately we can only wait to see if TK has room to bend, almost a case of shit or bust in most of our eyes these coming weeks.
b4life

We've done it twice before, why all the doom-mongers! Strangely the best appointments TK has made have been in this situation. Let's hope DC is the third good choice he's made! A very good manager can and will get us up. I can't see why we cannot have a competitive budget, we're surely better off than most of the other National league clubs.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
mcleod23

Yes budget will be tighter, but it will be for everyone else too. I fail to believe that we will be scraping around for players on minimal cash.

Big earners will leave this season and so will the vast majority - a lot for calling for them to go earlier this season anyway, so i don't know what has changed?!

A core group of Loach, HT, Dunne, Tutonda, EMC, Walker (McCallum if we can get him) - would be a decent start.
Roy57

mcleod23 wrote:Yes budget will be tighter, but it will be for everyone else too. I fail to believe that we will be scraping around for players on minimal cash.

Big earners will leave this season and so will the vast majority - a lot for calling for them to go earlier this season anyway, so i don't know what has changed?!

A core group of Loach, HT, Dunne, Tutonda, EMC, Walker (McCallum if we can get him) - would be a decent start.
Not a cat in hells chance of us keeping McCallum. I hope I am wrong. But if we cannot offer decent enough wages to players that are leaving i droves. Cannot see TK giving wages what he was on when we signed him on loan.