Di Canio confident in interview

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
grinty

Di Canio confident in interview

Just had a quick look on the official Swindon website and there's an interview with Paolo Di Canio from earlier today i think. It's free to listen to so i'd recommend it. He quite clearly (and maybe quite rightly) says that they are the better side and should win, but it won't be easy. If the Bees players listened to this before tomorrow night i reckon it'd get them a bit fired up. His comments aren't disrespectful or anything, but they docome across as a bit over confident and cocky i think, something that will hopefully come back and bite him on the a**e.

As a side note, that enormous centre half (Flint?) from the first leg is out injured for the season, so that's a positive. Could mean that ex-Bee Joe Devera starts so pray that he doesn't have an amazing game against us.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/New ... 35,00.html
PBBee

Re: Di Canio confident in interview

Noticed Flint was out last week and he will be a big miss especially from set pieces (he scored in the first leg), and Devera has played the last few games so I'm sure he will start tomorrow. It's going to be tough but it can be done.
ninestein

Di Canio will always come across a bit arrogant and cocky, that's just the way he is in every interview. The reality is he can talk all he wants, it's down to us to play our game and do what we do well on the night. With any luck we'll frustrate them, their fans will get restless, and we can nick a winner. Then, if Paulo wants to have a rant at the cameras again following his side's defeat, and blame some "injustifiable" refereeing, I'll be very satisfied! On the other hand, if we have a right go and they still beat us fair and square, fair play to him, his team will simply get the backlash come saturday when we make it 5 league wins in a row... :Drink1:
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Evanstribe

Does sound arrogant, but Di Canio really does have the most hilarious interview style- its every cliche and stereotype about an italian coach rolled into one! Great to watch, but id love it if we took him down a peg or two.
becbee

I imagine if we were to check just how much Swindon's team cost compared to our free transfers and loanees, also to compare our wages bill to theirs - then it's quite reasonable for him to say that Swindon have a better team than us. Plus I suppose false modesty never was Di Canoi's style.

Fair play to the guy for showing so much passion for L2 football. Maybe his team could get their trip to Wembley this season - via the Play Off Final! Just leave the March appearence for us.
bilko

I find it unbelievable yet another L2 club think Di Canio has spent loads of money where you get your information from is mind boggling so to put the record straight here are the FACTS.

Di Canio cleared out all the deadwood from last season who git us relegated in total about 17 players he has brought in 19 all of which have been FREE TRANSFERS YES FREE TRANSFERS. The only players thast have cost us money are Rooney 150k Cox 50k and Smith 30k.

We sold players last season for 2 miilion Austin and Morrison.

We have the highest crowds in the league behind Bradford but we are the most expensive at £25

Average gate is roughly 8000.

Fa Cup run brought in roughly 200k plus weve had additional sponsorships this season revenue i dont know.

We dont have any players on large salaries and are within the wage cap based on revenue.

So all this crap about Di Canio has spent loads of money i would be interested to the guy who posted it where we have spent it all as you obviously know more about my club than i do.

SO ENLIGHTEN ME PLEASE WHERE HE HAS SPENT ALL THIS MONEY????????????????????????????????
jonbonbaby

WAGES WAGES WAGES numnuts! its not just the transfer fee, id like to see Swindons wage bill compared to most other L2 Clubs
PBBee

How much was Leon Clarke on again?

Also read again what becbee said ''I imagine if we were to check just how much Swindon's team cost compared to our free transfers and loanees, also to compare our wages bill to theirs - then it's quite reasonable for him to say that Swindon have a better team than us. Plus I suppose false modesty never was Di Canoi's style.''

So it did cost more than our squad (even if only £230k more) of freebies and loan players and your wage bill will be gigantic compared to us, have you seen the size of your squad compared to ours? We only own the registration of about 16 players.
Last edited by PBBee on 07 Feb 2012, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
bingomatic

bilko wrote: The only players thast have cost us money are Rooney 150k Cox 50k and Smith 30k.
£230k ? That's a lot.
Moonchild_Bee

bilko wrote: We dont have any players on large salaries
:laugh:

Get a grip!
nairtcab

I mean, if your figures are correct (and I have no idea if they are) then Swindon have spent 230K on players which is approximately 230K more than Barnet. It's all relative, really. To a club like Barnet 230K is a lot of money to spend on players because our revenues are nowhere near enough to cover those costs easily. For a club like Swindon who gets 8000 people through the gates every home game with the most expensive ticket prices, 230K isn't much money at all. So yes Swindon might be within the wage cap, but that is, probably, almost entirely due to the fact that revenues are higher not that expenses are lower than/comparable to a club like Barnet.
Pushkin

bilko wrote: We dont have any players on large salaries and are within the wage cap based on revenue.
But your revenue is huge. (Based on the itemised list you've shown)
Last edited by Pushkin on 07 Feb 2012, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
CrawleyBee

Should imgiane your wages are through the roof. The highest in league 2 by far????

love all this Billy Big Bollocks syndrome!!! will Di-Canio try to steal the show as per usual?
Formerly Watfordbee
Lazaat

Hello lads, I am a Swindon fan but i havent come on here to wind you guys up. I have been reading most of your posts about tonights match with interest, and i must say you are a really decent bunch! In fact i nearly want you to win tonight, but not quite. I have read what the other Swindon supporter has said about our players, fair play to him but i must put the records straight....we have an enormous squad with some on very high wages and we have spent more then has been suggested! We recently bought Wes Fodringham (goalkeeper) from Pal arse....he is only 19 or 20 but a terrific goalie and we think Swindon spent at least 200k plus on this boy, he is playing this evening. We also recently bought Luke Rooney from Gillingham (he is cup tied this evening thankfully for you) he is a terrific wide player and i have seen 160k quoted for him, plus we also got in Benson from Charlton (striker) he is playing tonight, they wanted 120k for him but we swapped him for Clark. We also bought Smith 30k, last week we boght Cox for 50k and we have Murray on loan from Ipswich (striker) plus last season we bought the 2 Celtic lads Ferry and Caddis for 300k (both probably playing this evening) and we have some terrific talent in the team notably Ritchie, he is on fire and last week we turned down 800k from Bournmouth for him and value him nearer to 2million. It is true we have some free transfers in the team ie McCormack from Charlton who came to us as a midfielder but he has switched to centre half this season and has been a revelation, he is on big money, plus we also bought the tall centre half Aden Flint 2 seasons ago from non league football and paid 150k for him (out injured for the next 2 months) and we also bought striker Alan Connell from Grimsby for 150k. We also loaned the Arsenal central defender Daniel Boateng last week so he may play this evening but probably Joe Devera will fill in for Flint. So it is true we have spent quite big for this league with fees and high wages and we have about 30 in our first team squad. I cant wish you boys good luck this evening, but if you do manage to get through then i will be the first to congratualte you.....as i said i have been reading your posts and you are a really decent bunch! But....we have been playing superbly and i think i am right in saying we have only lost 2 out of last 25 games? And one of those was away to Leicester when i thought they were lucky, we missed loads of chances. Cheers lads, i will come on here again tomorrow. :Drink1:
randomj1234

Lazaat wrote:Hello lads, I am a Swindon fan but i havent come on here to wind you guys up. I have been reading most of your posts about tonights match with interest, and i must say you are a really decent bunch! In fact i nearly want you to win tonight, but not quite. I have read what the other Swindon supporter has said about our players, fair play to him but i must put the records straight....we have an enormous squad with some on very high wages and we have spent more then has been suggested! We recently bought Wes Fodringham (goalkeeper) from Pal arse....he is only 19 or 20 but a terrific goalie and we think Swindon spent at least 200k plus on this boy, he is playing this evening. We also recently bought Luke Rooney from Gillingham (he is cup tied this evening thankfully for you) he is a terrific wide player and i have seen 160k quoted for him, plus we also got in Benson from Charlton (striker) he is playing tonight, they wanted 120k for him but we swapped him for Clark. We also bought Smith 30k, last week we boght Cox for 50k and we have Murray on loan from Ipswich (striker) plus last season we bought the 2 Celtic lads Ferry and Caddis for 300k (both probably playing this evening) and we have some terrific talent in the team notably Ritchie, he is on fire and last week we turned down 800k from Bournmouth for him and value him nearer to 2million. It is true we have some free transfers in the team ie McCormack from Charlton who came to us as a midfielder but he has switched to centre half this season and has been a revelation, he is on big money, plus we also bought the tall centre half Aden Flint 2 seasons ago from non league football and paid 150k for him (out injured for the next 2 months) and we also bought striker Alan Connell from Grimsby for 150k. We also loaned the Arsenal central defender Daniel Boateng last week so he may play this evening but probably Joe Devera will fill in for Flint. So it is true we have spent quite big for this league with fees and high wages and we have about 30 in our first team squad. I cant wish you boys good luck this evening, but if you do manage to get through then i will be the first to congratualte you.....as i said i have been reading your posts and you are a really decent bunch! But....we have been playing superbly and i think i am right in saying we have only lost 2 out of last 25 games? And one of those was away to Leicester when i thought they were lucky, we missed loads of chances. Cheers lads, i will come on here again tomorrow. :Drink1:
Well that was a nice post. :D