Norb
Location: East Barnet near Oakhill Park 20 mins walk to Underhill

Re: Nostalgia Picture No 211

DC34CB73-F9C1-4DFF-9C64-2168D3A24A28.jpeg
DC34CB73-F9C1-4DFF-9C64-2168D3A24A28.jpeg (34.48 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
Sunny afternoons spent on North/North west, don’t forget the cap
Wet damp cold / night games East Terrace
With the kids- free tickets south stand
These days just a pile of bricks to look at down bottom of garden.(East terrace turnstile entrance south)
Reckless

The first sentence of that post sort of set me off.
Sunny but chilly afternoon spent on the terrace, you know, don't forget your coat isn't it? 3-0 to the Bees, avoid the punch up in the alley way. Run home for tea ready and waiting cooked by your mum, you know, beans on toast maybe fish fingers or a Vesta Chow Mein, enduring image? Then out with your pals, in the street or the car park or if you were lucky and patch of grass, jumpers for goalposts, whose ball is it? Who have we got on ours? You know, mind the dog turd. Who's Les Eason? I'll be him tonight, who is Paddy Powell? its normally Nigel on the wing, you know enduring image. Next goals wins, wipe the dog muck off the ball to take the penalty and win the game. Dads waiting under the lamp post 'Time to come in now son'. Do it again tomorrow?
Roy57

Josh SKywalker wrote:
Roy57 wrote:Great memories. My older brother Mick ( sadly passed away ) and myself sold programmes just inside the turnstiles.for years. Went to away games on Percy organised coaches. Great days.
Just after the East Terrace entrance also had a lovely gentleman, also selling programmes for years.
Believe that gentleman probably would of been Tong Holmes. He was the Editor of the programme. Along with his young wife Doreen and there two kids. Doreen still goes to most games home and away. ( Dont normally mention names without consent. But above people deserve to this day to be remembered for all there hard work and loyalty. )
Josh SKywalker

Like yourself I don't like to name names out of respect, but this was another gentleman.
Mattamies

Eddie!
Attachments
Eddie!
Eddie!
Josh SKywalker

Excellent looking kit, anyone got that kit in colour?
john dockers shorts

Bees shirt
Attachments
Favourite Bees Shirt
Favourite Bees Shirt
Norb
Location: East Barnet near Oakhill Park 20 mins walk to Underhill

Terrace - something I miss most , stood on great terraces, the shelf side mostly , the north bank as we took it, holt end with the yids,
Man City, ,Forest, Chelsea south horrible open end terrace, Port Vale huge open end, West Ham south and North both horrible places to be,
Fulham, Qpr and their tiny terraces, Charlton and the most massive ever , Coventry open yuk terrace even Luton had a large terrace for Knees up mother brown.
Loved the massive terraces, the danger, falling over, trying to stay alive.
Appreciate when they went wrong not Good.
Have tried out the new safe terraces of Spurs, Munich, Dortmund .
Love Terraces. Loved East terrace Underhill.
Dislikes - sitting on a seat on cold wet day.
Merry Christmas.